transferring from R.N to R.A.N royal navy to royal australian navy

Guest guest25493

did anyone attend the the plymouth interviews today?? how did it go ?? we have ours tomorrow

Good luck for tomorrow :biggrin: I did wonder when I was in town today, how the interviews would be going!

We've got ours next week in Pompey (Guz was full) and visa meds the next day in London - well, as long as the snow behaves itself! :goofy:

Hope everyone has a nice weekend

Liz x

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cheers Anita,

So with regards to when you went to the talk, what happened after that? Did your husband have to go for a proper interview? When did he find out he had the job? How long did it take from the day you went to the talk to arriving in Oz? Sorry for all the questions I just need to get things straight in my head. I will probably bombard you with a few more questions over the next few months if were successful, hope you don't mind. Its always helpful to chat to someone who has done it!

Thanks again for all your advice.

Speak soon

Claire xxx

Hi Claire sorry for late reply for some reason they are not coming through to my email.

Doug did not have to go for any interview, we dod know of some people having to go for them or getting phone calls, Im sure they dont do that at all now.

From start to finish it tool 2 years for everything to go through, We did have a hold up on the labour agreement and that took 5 months to sort out, if everything had gone to plan it would have taken 18 months.

There is a lot of paper work that you will have to do, and sometimes u think omg where do I start but its all worth it in the end.

You just got to remember dont get stressed over anything, easy I know for me to say, but the only time I got like that was when we where waiting on the visa and 5 months is a long time to wait, but like I said that was because of the labour agreement.

Somethings take a little time, getting ur TOR what the navy are prepared to give u. Depending on ranks will depend on what u/ ur husband is. My husband was a chief and had to drop to a po.

I think u also have to sign a 6 year contract and Doug's was only 3 years.

Do you know where you want to live Sydney or Perth?

We live in Sydney and love it here. Im lucky I had been to Perth on hoilday and Sydney, so I knew what both places where like. I didnt mind where we went. I was just glad to get here.

Hope all is going well. Like I said I will try and answer all ur questions just fire away I dont mind at all, wish someone had been there for me, when we 1st started doing this

Take care and speak soon. Oh and enjoy the snow we are all jealous here :biggrin:

Guest Navyref
did anyone attend the the plymouth interviews today?? how did it go ?? we have ours tomorrow

Hello,

Yes, we did, Liz didn't even mind our boys running around the room! :biggrin:

Hi Liz

We attended the interview today. We learnt a bit more today which was very useful. We were given different websites to check out. And we should here from them after Xmas. There is nothing to worry about, just write down what questions you would like answering.

Gill, brian

Guest Ironduke

Hi All

Just had an email from immy and looks like we got a ferw things wrong on the visa application!

This may help others so I'll stick 'em on here for future reference.

1. Police checks. Looks like we got the wrong ones done. They shouldn't be the ones you get if you want to work with kids etc but off the AFCO site (association of Chief Police Officers) the cost is about £35 or £70 if you're in a rush so there's the difference!

2. They want a certified copy of my Discharge Certificate

3. Also certified copies of all our passports (info page)

4. Strangely want character assessment form filling for wifey - thought this was all about me lol

I've got 28 days from date of receiving email but they said they're happy to proceed with scanned copies as long as certified ones follow on

Cheers

Guest Navyref

Hi People,

Our Immigration forms arrived in Parramatta on the 1st December 2010, does anyone know how long it will be before a case officer is allocated and they get in touch? If anyone in the pipeline has experience of this we'll be pleased to hear from you?

We have expressed an interest in hopefully flying to out to Sydney in June next year, obviously this is purely dependent on how quick Immigration are to process the forms, and are really excited about doing so, despite it being winter!

Hi People,

Our Immigration forms arrived in Parramatta on the 1st December 2010, does anyone know how long it will be before a case officer is allocated and they get in touch? If anyone in the pipeline has experience of this we'll be pleased to hear from you?

We have expressed an interest in hopefully flying to out to Sydney in June next year, obviously this is purely dependent on how quick Immigration are to process the forms, and are really excited about doing so, despite it being winter!

Hi it will all depend on what else you have done, have u got ur TOS yet, it normally takes 2 years for everything to go through, I do know of one person that did it in 12 months.

If I was u I would ring Terry George its coming up to leave time here, and dont forget its the summer here and they have a lot of leave then. Nothing gets done once they go on leave untill the end of jan, so if you want to get the ball rolling.

I live in Sydney been here 2 years, if there is anything we can help you with just ask and we will try and help in anyway

Good luck with everything

Anita and Dougie :biggrin:

Guest Navyref

Hi Anita & Doug,

Thank you for your reply.

You didn't see our signature but yes our TOS were issued a while ago, but we couldn't send our immigration forms until we received our Police Check Certificates from Hampshire, which took a while because the authority that deals with them adhered to the turn round time - thanks. I would advise requesting them very early in the process.

As we've the TOS, we understand that the military have no influence over the Dept. of Immigration so it's just a case of waiting in the queue!

Had a look on Google at where you live, what's the commute like into the city? What's the area like where you live, we presume you would recommend it?

Speak soon

Hi People,

If my memory serves me right, I am certain that you can go on the Immi website and it will tell you the dates of the applications they have passed to be processed, at the time (about 12 months ago) ours was received about 8 weeks before being processed then took about 6 weeks after that. If the date isn't on the website, you can send a question and they will tell you the dates in the response, pretty much by return e-mail. Hope that helps.

Chris

Hi Anita & Doug,

Thank you for your reply.

You didn't see our signature but yes our TOS were issued a while ago, but we couldn't send our immigration forms until we received our Police Check Certificates from Hampshire, which took a while because the authority that deals with them adhered to the turn round time - thanks. I would advise requesting them very early in the process.

As we've the TOS, we understand that the military have no influence over the Dept. of Immigration so it's just a case of waiting in the queue!

Had a look on Google at where you live, what's the commute like into the city? What's the area like where you live, we presume you would recommend it?

Speak soon

Further to my last, try this:-

Australian Centres of Excellence enquiry form

Hope that helps

Guest guest25493

AREAS TO LIVE IN SYDNEY..............DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT go for dundas, carlingford,eastwood, ryde,rydlemere, by olympic park etc etc..

Northern beaches are nice, but too far from the dockyards...go to the shires....caringbah, cronulla, miranda etc...close to beaches, good shops and social places. there are plenty of things to do there for kids and adults alike.

JUST SOME PERSONAL ADVICE WHEN LOOKING ON HOMEFIND

if possible, ask for your hotel(temp accom) to be in cronulla etc

ps..I am not racist,not in the slightest, but..i like to be able to stand in a school playground and understand what everyone is saying...sadly i dont speak manderin etc. sydney is a great place to live, but live in the right place, the RAN wont move you once you are here

No but I will help u move, come what may. Ur bestest friend xxxxx

:biggrin:

Guest Navyref
Further to my last, try this:-

Australian Centres of Excellence enquiry form

Hope that helps

Brilliant!!!

Sent an email via the link and received a very quick reply saying that our documents had been received and that the turnaround times for our type of visa is 5 months - what do they do that takes five months, I would like to know?

...also in the same email they had attached a receipt for the processing fee! Is this just a money making exercise?

Navyref,

Where are you planing on moving out to? Believe me the process is not quick, they drag it out adn then it fires along like a jumbo jet at the last moment.

What branch are you?

Dean

When you say do it yourself...... do you mean find a property away from Homefind? Or just te actual removal costs?

When are you thinking of actually moving?

is it easier to find property through Homefind once your in the country?

Dean

AREAS TO LIVE IN SYDNEY..............DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT go for dundas, carlingford,eastwood, ryde,rydlemere, by olympic park etc etc..

Northern beaches are nice, but too far from the dockyards...go to the shires....caringbah, cronulla, miranda etc...close to beaches, good shops and social places. there are plenty of things to do there for kids and adults alike.

JUST SOME PERSONAL ADVICE WHEN LOOKING ON HOMEFIND

if possible, ask for your hotel(temp accom) to be in cronulla etc

Always told you that the shire was the best, even b4 u came over. Ill be glad when ur here so that we can all drink together and no one has to drive, Shame its not b4 xmas

speak later :laugh:

Archived