transferring from R.N to R.A.N royal navy to royal australian navy

Guest guest25493

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nolineonthehorizon

Waiting on med clearance, TOS, Visa, Plane Ticket or (to put it another way) pretty much everything.

T

January. But I am no longer holding my breath on that!

We didnt get told until november that we where going so fingers crossed u wll be out here in Jan, everything was up in the air when where coming out but they seem to sort it out fast when they have to. :)

Guest Ironduke

Hi All

email received this morning which may be of interest to those thinking about making the leap but you'll have to act fast:

The RAN will be sending a team to the UK to conduct interviews, provide guidance on your application and general advice on life in Australia, at this stage the intended locations are Glasgow 29 - 30 November, Plymouth 2 - 3 December, Portsmouth 5 - 10 December and London 13 - 14 December 2010.

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH im so angry with myself after last nights exciting email, this morning we had another e-mail to book our accomodation then YIPEEEE homefind sent through our user name and password for homefind, but youll never guess what ive done, ive changed the god damm user name and i must have spelled it wrong because its not recognised how annoying lol that will teach me for rushing to be nosey

Guest nolineonthehorizon
We didnt get told until november that we where going so fingers crossed u wll be out here in Jan, everything was up in the air when where coming out but they seem to sort it out fast when they have to. :)

Interesting. But was this after you received your TOS or your VISA?

Interesting. But was this after you received your TOS or your VISA?

Ours was different to you we had our TOS right from the start we knew they could change them at any point. It was the visa we where waiting on and I have just found the email we where sent and we received our visas on 14th nov and flew here on the 14th jan so things can still happen for you,

Hope all goes well

Anita :biggrin:

Good morning all, does anyone have any info on getting primary school jobs in sydney. My wife is looking and getting very anxious as we move over in jan.

Regards

Dean and Nina

hi just had our visas accepted today, can anyone tell me what the next step is now, im due to join 6th june next year. going to perth on subs

cheers brian and gill

Hi All

email received this morning which may be of interest to those thinking about making the leap but you'll have to act fast:

The RAN will be sending a team to the UK to conduct interviews, provide guidance on your application and general advice on life in Australia, at this stage the intended locations are Glasgow 29 - 30 November, Plymouth 2 - 3 December, Portsmouth 5 - 10 December and London 13 - 14 December 2010.

With me looking to go (hopefully) in mid 2014, will it be too early to attend one of these interviews. Or do you think it may be an ideal time to put the "feeleres" out

With me looking to go (hopefully) in mid 2014, will it be too early to attend one of these interviews. Or do you think it may be an ideal time to put the "feeleres" out

Hi dixie, I'm not sure but think the interviews are for people currently proceeding through the application process (and those defo going in January/June 2011 that never got a chance to go to the interview before - last May's were cancelled).

Although sure it wouldn't hurt to email Terry George and ask if you could attend.

Here are his contact details:

LCDR Terry George Terry.George@defence.gov.au

Staff Officer Lateral Entries

NPCMA

R8-5-057

Russell Offices

Canberra, ACT 2600

Australia

Phone +61 2 6265 2237

Fax +61 2 6265 3353

Good Luck

Liz

Liz,I thought it may be for those who are in the process already. I will drop Terry George a line anyway as it is better to be too early, rather than too late

This process takes a long time anyway, so yes I'd say the earlier the better and at least you might find out what to expect/hope for.

Good Luck

Liz

Archived