transferring from R.N to R.A.N royal navy to royal australian navy

Guest guest25493

Where is everybody

Liz i hope you got the sitter and the little black dress sorted for friday night im soooooo looking forward to lots of cocktails and shots

Grrrrrr!!!! am grasping at straws for a sitter, have rang EVERYONE i can think of that has a teenage daughter and all so far have said No or are away on hols! :arghh: Sooo annoying because I need to have a night out with my PIO future neighbour!!! Will keep trying, am not going to give up.

As for RAN news: Wrote to Terry George asking for news and he says he's still waiting to hear back from the catagory manager and medical assessment people - he's sent them both hurry up's. Been 6 weeks since they had Steve's medical stuff.

Will try to carry on patiently waiting :wacko:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope everyone is ok back in ther Uk. Australia is just starting tio get hot again, and Im so looking forward to the summer, its ben a bit of a cold winter.

We got our new boat last sat, been a long time in coming but its now here and its great to be on the sea with it Happy times ahead.

Anything you need to know just ask, and we will try our best to answer you.

Anita and

Hope everyone is ok back in ther Uk. Australia is just starting tio get hot again, and Im so looking forward to the summer, its ben a bit of a cold winter.

We got our new boat last sat, been a long time in coming but its now here and its great to be on the sea with it Happy times ahead.

Anything you need to know just ask, and we will try our best to answer you.

Anita and Dougie

Yay we got our passports back today with the lovely aussie stamp in woohoo, now just have to wait out the next 5 months god i cant wait to get away from plymouth

Congrats thats it now, the next 5 months will fly by. Sit back and relax.

I can remember how excited we all where. Hope you feel the same.

Anita and Dougie :biggrin:

Guest guest25493

yay,all systems go now..if michael ever wants to skype JJ, or you, go ahead.

to liz....i expect you will hear something once the government has been sorted.We have our election on saturday,and then all things will change,Labour agreements etc. my family were meant to have their citizenship ceremony on september 1, but that has been postponed. but dont give up hope,,it will come.On the RAN website,are they asking for your hubbys branch? if so,you will be fine.

take care

to liz....i expect you will hear something once the government has been sorted.We have our election on saturday,and then all things will change,Labour agreements etc. my family were meant to have their citizenship ceremony on september 1, but that has been postponed. but dont give up hope,,it will come.On the RAN website,are they asking for your hubbys branch? if so,you will be fine.

take care

Thanks for that, hopefully we'll hear something soon. Yes his branch is still on the RAN wanted list, so fingers crossed :err:

So excited for Carolann and family, brilliant news :jiggy:

Lynette we havent got skype but ill get Michael to e-mail JJ, hes getting well excited now at first he didnt want to leave widey (i have no idea that school is full of nasty little s***s) but now that he knows that JJ and Alex are gonna be their hes well excited lol.

Im well excited now but i thought all the waiting would be over now that we have the visa but nope now were waiting on the enlistment signal, oh well i suppose it gets me up early in the morning to check the e-mails :biggrin:

Oh well its nearly 8am here in sunny Plymouth (not it couldnt get any more grey) and i need to start getting ready for a night out tonight and i know its like 12 hours away but thats how long it takes me and ive had a massive acne outbreak (wtf acne at nearly 30) so their will be many layers of makeup tonight

Hope you all have a lovely friday

XX

yay,all systems go now..if michael ever wants to skype JJ, or you, go ahead.

take care

Hey Lynette u never skype me lol xx:wacko:

lol lol lol an1ta where do you live are you perth or sydney way

Hi I live in Sydney the same as Lynette, shes my best friend. I spent the day with her yesterday, her husband and mine are on the same ship. 2 pommies together.

I live in the shires about 45 mins from Lynette, Im right by the sea, and have been here 21 months and love ot here xx:chatterbox:

Where are u going Sydney or Perth ?

We are off to perth hopefully secret harbour lol

HAha i thought you were over the other side of the country when you said she didnt skype you lol

Thats brilliant though that you both have friends out their thats one of the things im worried about but im sure i can perswade someone to be my friend hehe

I just want to go now i hate waiting im so impatient i want to ring terry george every day to find out what happening but he says we wont get the enlistment signal till october (does that sound right to you)

I just spoke to Dougie and he said its just a witing game, once they know they tell you right away. Like you we wanted Perth but didnt get it, Im glad now as we love Sydney so much, I know we would have loved perth as we had been there on holiday a few years b4 and we have family there. We had also bee to Sydney on our hols but that was a long time ago.

I have a few friends in Perth they have been there 8 months now and they love it and they all live where you want to go so im sure you will make friends very soon.

It can take a lot out of u sometimes but its all worth it in the end.

Just make the most of being in the uk, for now and enjoy it as much has u can.

You have got so much to look forward to when you get here.

If you need to know anything just ask, I know Lynette will have said the same to you.

xx

Hiya,

I noticed that Terry George's name above. Did any of you guys visit Oz before applying etc? We are coming over in Oct. Was wondering if you met up with him then as he seems to take a while to get back to us? We are visiting Perth and Sydney, hubby looking to transfer ASAP.

Thanks Sophie.

Guest gavnicjacflo

cornishsoph,

it took us nearly a fortnight to hear back from Terry George but when we did its forms, forms and did I mention forms. If you would like these I can email them to you.

gav & nic

Hiya,

I noticed that Terry George's name above. Did any of you guys visit Oz before applying etc? We are coming over in Oct. Was wondering if you met up with him then as he seems to take a while to get back to us? We are visiting Perth and Sydney, hubby looking to transfer ASAP.

Thanks Sophie.

Hi sophie

We came out here on holiday twice, once the Sydney and once to Perth, I like both places for different reasons.

We wanted Perth when we applied for the navy the only reason being we had family in Perth. We ended up in Sydney and I love here so much, Im 5 mins from the beach, and its just beautiful.

We did not see Terry George when we came here and i dont know anyone that as but I may be wrong.

Has ur husband applied for the navy yet? It can take a while to sort everytthing out but its well worth the wait.

If there is anything U would like to know let us know and we will try and answer it for you.

cornishsoph,

it took us nearly a fortnight to hear back from Terry George but went we did its form form and did mention forms. If you would like these I can email them to you if you want

gav & nic

Hi Gav and Nic

Are you in Australia yet or are you still going through everything. I noticed that ur from Truro Im from Falmouth. We have been in Australia 21 months and living in Sydney.

Anita and Dougie :v_SPIN:

Guest gavnicjacflo

Hi Anita and Dougie,

we are still in sunny Cornwall, not very sunny at the moment has been raining all week. Hope you are enjoying your new boat, Gav's got a boat down at sunny corner in Truro, loves going up the river, definately hoping to get a boat in oz, if we ever get there. Still in very early stages, got cv ready to send and navy medical booked, we will be in Perth as Gav is a submariner.

Nic and Gav

Hi there, we came over here nearly 2 years ago from Faslane. We are living in Port Kennedy, but Secret Harbour is a lovely area with some nice schools. Be prepared to be very hot when you come over. If you want any info about the area, just send me a message. I have 3 kids aged 12, 10, and 8 and they all love it here

Jo

Guest gavnicjacflo

Hi Jo, thanks for reply, we have been looking at Secret Harbour on the Internet, not the same, so lovely to get some imput from someone out there. We have two children aged 6 and 2, they will be nearly 8 and 4 if everything goes well, OH has got 18mths until time done. Has your OH spent much time away at sea, a bit worried about going out then being left alone with children straight away.

Nic

Guest drh123

Sorry gang, been missing for a while lol

Well, EllasDaddy, I definately hate you lol, Im still bloody waiting and have sent a few emails off to Oz to let them know my concerns ha ha

Oh well, fingers crossed.

Messages for the new guys and old, Im coming out in Jan(dependant on Visas) to sunny old SYDNEY woohoo!!!

Sorry gang, been missing for a while lol

Well, EllasDaddy, I definately hate you lol, Im still bloody waiting and have sent a few emails off to Oz to let them know my concerns ha ha

Oh well, fingers crossed.

Messages for the new guys and old, Im coming out in Jan(dependant on Visas) to sunny old SYDNEY woohoo!!!

If your coming out in Jan make sure u bring loads of summer clothes, we arrived in the Jan and it was so hot. Its just starting warm up now and i so cant wait, its been a cold winter this year, they say there coldest in 36 years, still not like the uk though.

Dont forget if you need anything at all just ask.

The other thing look up the sutherland shires on the internet look for wanda beach and cronulla beaches its just beautiful here. Like I said b4 I knew an officer that was an Aussie working in the uk and he told us where to live.

Hope everything is going to plan, I know it can seem like forever but its worth the wait.

Guest drh123

Thanks Anita and Dougie, you may be my new best friend lol

And YESSSSSSSS, the VISA is here!!!!!

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Archived