transferring from R.N to R.A.N royal navy to royal australian navy

Guest guest25493

Guest guest25493

Hi, just wandering if anyone in the process of transferring from the R.N to the R.A.N.. We are in the process of doing it ourselves at the moment, and was just wandering if anyone else is out there in the same boat. :jiggy:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to PIO.

Lots of info on these pages about transferring, I made contact with LtCdr Terry George in October and sent in the docs in December. My stuff is with the branch sponsor at the moment and I'm waiting for a "yes go for it" or "sod off we don't want you" !!!!! what branch are you ?

:SLEEP:

Guest nev_n_angie

We've done it and been here since Sept 07!!!! Love it and don't regret a thing. Hubbie was on signal at Christmas after serving just over a year and I have a good job too! Onwards and upwards!

I have posted timelines and lots of info that helped us in different threads - feel free to contact me if you require any info on the nitty gritty stuff!

Guest guest25493
Welcome to PIO.

Lots of info on these pages about transferring, I made contact with LtCdr Terry George in October and sent in the docs in December. My stuff is with the branch sponsor at the moment and I'm waiting for a "yes go for it" or "sod off we don't want you" !!!!! what branch are you ?

:SLEEP:

hi, you are at the same stage as us. We have been provisionally accepted, and our main pack went off on December 5th, just waiting now like you. Terry George seems nice enough. We have some friends who left January this year, and they are loving it over there. My husband is a PO(UW). What about you. It would be great to stay in touch, especially as we are at the same stage. hear from you soon, Lynette

Guest guest25493

thanks nev and angie, for all your future help. Some people we know left this Jan and went out to Sydney, and they have been a great help with timelines etc. Our main set of docs went to LtCdr Terry George , who seems great and very helpful. What was your timeline? Hope to hear from you soon, and I am so glad you are loving it in the R.A.N. all the best, Lynete

Hi Lynete,

Think you are ahead of me slightly, I'm still waiting for a pack or whatever, I got caught in the Christmas period, so hope to hear something in the next couple of weeks. They have had the info since 15th December, so it is just a wiating game. I am an ME. Hoping to go to Perth if possible, but that is if they will take me as I am not a submariner and that is all they have on their site now !!!!!! Only time will tell i suppose. Where is your OH based ??

Guest topmatt

Hiya,

Hope you managed to get the info you needed regarding your transfer to the RAN. My situation is a bit different in as much as I'm in the RNR over here and I will be looking to either join the RAN from scratch or their reserve's. We have qualified for perm residency through my wife being a Nurse and hope to make to move for good next year. It will just remain for me to secure employment and this is why I was giving serious consideration to joining full time, not only for the job security but also by way of giving something back to my 'new' country. I also believe it qualifies you for citizenship sooner also which is another bous. I have previous service in the Brit Army so I'm no stranger to mil life although it would take some getting used to again doing it full time :biggrin: We are going over in April and I will take that opportunity to go in the the recruiting office and introduce myself. I'll then just take things from there. Hope you get things sorted soon. Cheers

Guest guest25493

hi General, how are you? we are based In Plymouth. My DH has just left HMS Somerset. What about yourselves? transferring is something we have thought very hard about for a few years now, and have decided we want to do it 110%. My DH has still got 6 years to do in the navy, but he is going to leave early if we can get to go, even though he will be losing all that gratuity, mainly because in 6 years time my daughter will be 19 years old, and may not want to come with us, which we couldn't risk doing. Have you any children? We have Nadine (13), JJ (9) and Kylah (7).

Hi Lynette,

If yo send me a PM I can let you know all the info we have got together and let you know where I am working in the yard. I am in Plymouth also, is your OH still working in the dockyard ??? I am into my 2OE now and we really want to go to Oz, again something we have talked about for quite a while. I have 2 boys 15 and 16, the eldest has a girl friend at present so doesn't want to go now, but I think that will change If / when things really start to move. Still waiting for a response to having e-mailed all my certificates etc........This is a long 6 weeks ! I am going to give it another week and then e-mail Terry George again. Drop me a line (PM)

Hi Lynete,

Think you are ahead of me slightly, I'm still waiting for a pack or whatever, I got caught in the Christmas period, so hope to hear something in the next couple of weeks. They have had the info since 15th December, so it is just a wiating game. I am an ME. Hoping to go to Perth if possible, but that is if they will take me as I am not a submariner and that is all they have on their site now !!!!!! Only time will tell i suppose. Where is your OH based ??

Hi guys,

Just like you I am hopefully going over in Aug intake or the January one just depends of time frames. I have just received my terms of Service and Labour Agreement going for my Meds of Wednesday then Police checks (ACPO website) becuase I was in Belgium a few years ago I think we also need to get a Police check from them so remember if you have had an LFS. on the Last stage now, the visa application but forms are quite confusing and at a bit of a loss on what info I need to send with my application I am going over on a ENS 121/856 subclass anyone who has any ideas of what to include with the visa application please let me know. We are going to Melbourne.

• 1 month later...
Guest ross6144

Hi,

Just found this site seems useful, I'm Currently Transferring to the RAN all my documentation has now gone just awaiting the the interview which has been delayed, does any body know what the interview entails? I live in Plymouth with my wife and daughter.

Guest ross6144

Hi,

All My documentation including my medical information was sent early feb 09, recived a e-mail back saying the RAN recruitment team would be coming over to carry out interviews. Do'nt know if these are informal interviews or something else?. Have been offered provisional postition as Petty Officer ME(Electrical), E-mail also mentioned having all documentation complete so the team could bring possible contracts to sign?

Guest guest25493

Hi

I am much the same although my part 2 pack was sent end of November, i have also recieved the recent e-mail about the interviews but have been told that my Terms of Service will be sent to me soon. Think the interviews are informal. My Final job offer will come with the TOR believ I will drop a rank and be offered Leading Seaman. I am currently a PO(UW)

Guest ross6144

Hi Lynette and martin,

Recieved new dates for interview yesterday have replied already, seems like a lot of people are trying to escape the th RN to Australia. I'm in my 2OE at present and will be putting my notice in soon have you put your notice in yet or are you wating. Its good to be able to speak to someone going through the same process it is quite scary. I am working on Drake main gate if you what to touch base. I will be going across with my wife lorna and my daughter louise(13) if all goes well, we what to go to Perth.

Guest guest25493

hi, I have another 6 years to do, but I am ready to leave the RN now and transfer. MY children are Nadine who is 13 ( which is why I want to go now because if we wait 6 years she may not come), J.J 9 and Kylah 7. My wife is Lynette and she is achild care worker.

Guest lonnie

Hi Ross6144,

I am on my final stages now, notice is in and have applied for my visa just waiting for it to come back. What stage are you at?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guest25493

right,our timeline to date goes like this: our pack went of November 25th 2008,

we were sent out Terms of service by email on 14th April 2009.

Cannot fill these out as we have to wait for the hard copy to arrive in the post.

We are due to be in Oz January 12th 2010.

22nd April, hard copy of TOS arrived.

TOS returned

22nd april 2009, had our passport photos taken so we can send of for our police checks, £35 each with Acro.

27th April TOS arrived in Australia

14th May, police certificates arrived, all fine.

Guest guest25493

hi, my husband has just received his terms of service. We are due to arrive in Sydney on Jan 12 2010. Wew have just send of our for a criminal check with ACRO, onve that arrives we can send of our immigration forms, and then get our medicals done.

We live in Plymouth, and are in touch with others who are also in the process.

What about yourself?

Are you going to the meet and greet interviews on May 28th/29th?

all the best

Lynette

Guest guest25493

hi snowy owl? Where do you live at the moment? I also have three children, 7, 9 and 13. Like I said in the previous post, we have been in contact and met others who are due to fly out next year, so if you are Plymouth, maybe you would also like to get together when we all meet again.

Take care

Lynette

Archived