Hostel recommendations

Emma78

Hi Emma,

try Eva's, it in Kings cross, short walk to the city, can't say enough about the place, took my 2 teenagers 2 years ago, and my mum, she traveling the world starting from next week, she's allready booked it. Breakfast included, well it was when we were there.

Web link below

Eva's Backpackers Hostel - Sydney

hope this helps

cheers

Troy

Hey Emma,

I stayed at Wakeup when I went travelling in 2006 and really liked it!! My friend who is travelling now also stayed there and loved it too!! Great location, really nice people and the rooms were pretty decent! Cant remember how much i paid but i was on a budget so would have looked at price when I was searching for a hostel!

Wakeup.com.au - Home

Another place I stayed at in Sydney was the Haven Inn in Glebe! Great little hotel with a pool and it is in Glebe which is a lovely suburb in Sydney! That was my favourite place to stay!!

The Haven Inn

Hope some of those help!

If not I used a website called... Hostels in Sydney - Book Online at Hostelworld.com and read loads of the reviews on there! Definiately a good website to look at!

Emma

Guest mcihellem

Hi Emma,

whatever you do just dont stay with 'sleepingwiththeenemy' if they are still in business (travelled 2004). the enemy, as my friend and i found out, were bedbugs! :arghh: totally disgusting. they arent really a hostel so much as a company that rooms in houses to travellers.

if you are staying longer in sydney, we then found a great place. really clean and great way to meet people. its in newtown and is the same set up as above, like a small community of townhouses where they rent out rooms. about 4-6 people a house. heres the website Backpacker accommodation Sydney, Sydney Terraces, budget, cheap, hostel

good luck

michelle

Archived