liverpool meet up

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all

For those attending the 'Meet Up' in Rocking Horse tomorrow, I don't know if you're aware but Sunday 22 February (tomorrow) is the 'Victoria Bush Fires Memorial Day - National Day of Mourning'.

It's just an idea but maybe as we are all looking to emigrate to Australia in the near future, maybe it would be quite fitting and a tribute to have a minutes silence for the poor souls who lost their lives.

Whilst we're also aware of the credit crunch affecting us all, maybe a collection from PIO would be a gesture of our goodwill and our intention of our future commitment to Australia. Dave and I would be more than happy to collect and send off to the fund.

As I said just a suggestion!

Jenny & Dave xx

Guest LX_RV86
Hi all

For those attending the 'Meet Up' in Rocking Horse tomorrow, I don't know if you're aware but Sunday 22 February (tomorrow) is the 'Victoria Bush Fires Memorial Day - National Day of Mourning'.

It's just an idea but maybe as we are all looking to emigrate to Australia in the near future, maybe it would be quite fitting and a tribute to have a minutes silence for the poor souls who lost their lives.

Whilst we're also aware of the credit crunch affecting us all, maybe a collection from PIO would be a gesture of our goodwill and our intention of our future commitment to Australia. Dave and I would be more than happy to collect and send off to the fund.

As I said just a suggestion!

Jenny & Dave xx

Lovely idea! I'm up for that. :hug:

Think thats a great idea, thanks for that.

Just to let you all know I have been trying to contact sexkit (who is organising the meet) all week, but to no avail. I decided to ring the pub today myself and they said that if we are there for 12 noon there will be no problems with tables, if you are eating. I will get there for 12 and try and save an area for us to be together.

Look forward to seeing you all tomorrow.

Debbie

xxx

Think thats a great idea, thanks for that.

Just to let you all know I have been trying to contact sexkit (who is organising the meet) all week, but to no avail. I decided to ring the pub today myself and they said that if we are there for 12 noon there will be no problems with tables, if you are eating. I will get there for 12 and try and save an area for us to be together.

Look forward to seeing you all tomorrow.

Debbie

xxx

Hope they can come it will be nice to see everyone there

Guest sexkit001

Hi everyone... Just wanted to say it was sooo lovely meeting everyone today and it was so nice to see so many people able to make it... hope you all had a great time and had a chance to mingle.. I know my brood loved making new friends and screaming the place down...

If you are all up for it we will do another meet in about three months time and look to change the venue but still keep it convenient for all... sorry just a quick post but trying to catch up on a late dinner before Glyn gets in !!!!! xxxxx btw for the kids if you want to chat to grace you can catch her on here as grace001

xxx

Just want to say a big THANK YOU to all who turned up to the Liverpool meet this afternoon.

I had a lovely time meeting some new friends and look forward to the next meet.

I would also like to thank Dave and Jenny for their insight into their week down under, courtesy of the WDU programme, really enjoyed listening to your experiences.

Catch up with you all soon.

Debbie

xxx

Guest LX_RV86

Just wanted to echo what Kirsty and Debbie have said :) been a great day! Can't wait for the next one :) Sorry that we didn't get chance to speak to everyone before we shot off, but we had an awesome time nontheless x

Hi all

'Thank You' :hug: so much for organising the Liverpool Meet Up today and for the turnout. We all really enjoyed ourselves and made so many new friends. Sorry if we didn't get a chance to talk to everyone (we know there was a few!). Also Dave and I think it was really great that the kids got to meet each other and make friends, which we think is really important for them all.

Debbie - Thanks for sending us your 'Thanks' about the info we provided about our WDU experience. As we said we were so lucky to have been chosen and given an absolutely fantastic and 'once in a lifetime' opportunity and if we can also help anyone else with our experience it's made it all the more worthwhile.

Just so you all know we collected £22.15 for the 'Victoria Bush Fires Memorial Fund'. Dave and I will make it up to £25 and get it sent off ASAP. Thanks to everyone who made a contribution.

Jenny, Dave, Rhiannon & Rhys xxxx

Hi all

'Thank You' :hug: so much for organising the Liverpool Meet Up today and for the turnout. We all really enjoyed ourselves and made so many new friends. Sorry if we didn't get a chance to talk to everyone (we know there was a few!). Also Dave and I think it was really great that the kids got to meet each other and make friends, which we think is really important for them all.

Debbie - Thanks for sending us your 'Thanks' about the info we provided about our WDU experience. As we said we were so lucky to have been chosen and given an absolutely fantastic and 'once in a lifetime' opportunity and if we can also help anyone else with our experience it's made it all the more worthwhile.

Just so you all know we collected £22.15 for the 'Victoria Bush Fires Memorial Fund'. Dave and I will make it up to £25 and get it sent off ASAP. Thanks to everyone who made a contribution.

Jenny, Dave, Rhiannon & Rhys xxxx

Hiya

It was nice seeing people today we enjoyed our selfs, every1 was realy nice.

Just quick question to dave, has your episode of wanted down under been on the telly yet

Hi julie and gary

Our episode was Hughes Family - Darwin (Episode 6) shown on Monday 12.01.09.

Sorry if you missed it! It was only on BBCiPlayer for 1 week after.

We're sure it will be repeated again. You can't get rid of us that easy!!!!!

Jenny & Dave x

Hiya

It was nice seeing people today we enjoyed our selfs, every1 was realy nice.

Just quick question to dave, has your episode of wanted down under been on the telly yet

Hi,

Just like to say THANKS! for organising today. We were pleased to meet like minded people. I would like to say 'Sorry' to those who we didn't get a chance to mingle with, we would have liked to have mixed more, but found it difficult as the venue staff seemed more interested in when we were going to eat and making space for more sunday diners.

It was really lovely to see so many turn out though and great to put some faces to the names!

The kids had a ball in the play area, meeting and chatting with other kids that are moving to the otherside of the world too!

:hug:Terry & Melanie x

Guest sharrondodd

Thanks for a great afternoon, Neal and I had a good time meeting everyone Neala enjoyed herself even though she didn't venture into the play area. Made some good friends. will definately come to next meeting just say where and when.

Guest sexkit001

hi.... bless hope he is loads better now, we are definitely having another meet in about three months time so fingers crossed he catches nothing for that one, I will be able to dish out the kiddie bags at the next one xxxxx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Just wondering how everybody is? Forum seems to have gone a bit quiet since the 'Liverpool Meet Up'! Seems like ages ago now, life moves so fast here! However, if everybody is as busy as us, I can understand why!

Just wondering how everyone is getting on. Any news?

Jenny x

Guest sexkit001

Hi Jenny... we are working on our skills forms at the moment to find out what we need for the TRA... I am looking at venues also for the next meet and was looking to put a few dates together for May (this time a venue that will let us have our balloons and bunting and flags this time)... hope all is well with your family x

Guest Sue du Rose

been soooooo busy we are building our own extention and i have been doing the labouring!!! also started an NVQ course and am organising the school easter fair. along with collecting all the evidence to supply to Visa-Go only the trade client statements to go so neally there. Hope to have everything in the post by the end of the week!!!!

Look forward to seeing you all at a meet soon (ps. I'm restarting the diet AGAIN tomorrow!!)

:wub:

love to you all

sue and co.

Guest sexkit001

Hi sue... get you being the busy easter bunny, good luck with your nvq and getting all of your docs together, and all I can say for the easter fair You must be nuts !!!.... fingers crossed with the diet by the sounds of things you will be too busy to notice you are on a diet - are you on our not pio thread ? xxxxx

Hi All

So so busy! We put the house on the market this last Friday, so we have been hectic cleaning like never before.

Also Terry had a final interview for a job here in the uk,(but will require us to relocate) We should hear about that this week. Fingers crossedXXX He was made redundant last October and we desperately need him to get something whilst we wait for the Austrailia visa application.

And in our FREE time (of which there is none!) we have been doing the assessment for the Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia.

Still on the possitive side at least there is no time to get bored! Ha Ha !

Melanie x:arghh:

Guest LX_RV86

Hi :)

We're the same! Mad busy! Putting Oz on hold for at least a year until we can see the house selling! (We're going to Cuba this summer for 2 weeks, can't wait!)

I'm going for another teaching job here in the UK, leaving my school at Easter:spinny: got an interview on Friday, so been mad busy preparing for that :jiggy:

Hope everyone is OK :)

• 1 month later...

Hope you're all well.

Just to update you all and start the thread again!!! We've all been busy I'm sure!

Dave passed his Vetassess Competancy Assessment so now moving onto organising the next stage of the IELTS. Any advice?

Hope everyone is well and still in a job here!

Dave now working away nearly every week, which just makes us want to get to Oz quicker.

Let's get talking again!!!

Jenny x

Archived