Carpenters on the Gold Coast

Guest Jan0001

Guest Working to fish

Ok i've had enough of this rubbish. A quick mesage to Tim and the mods, i've spent 10 minutes arguing with a troll, either this guy gets banned or i do.

What the hell am i doing coming on here giving out advice, having laugh and joke along the way obviously.

eddie:arghh:

Ok i've had enough of this rubbish. A quick mesage to Tim and the mods, i've spent 10 minutes arguing with a troll, either this guy gets banned or i do.

What the hell am i doing coming on here giving out advice, having laugh and joke along the way obviously.

eddie:arghh:

You can give all the advice and your knowledge mate , but some folk mnow it all , remember when you were at school mate ( I can just vagurly lol) when the lads were on about the old nookie , it was always the virgin who knew most and had done it all:wink:

Mally

Hiya, I totally understand how you are feeling, I felt exactly the same when I joined this network and read some of the threads.

The whole point of this thread was asking if anybody had anything good to say about work for carpenters on the Gold Coast. There does not seem to be any positivity when it comes to work for carpenters, but saying that it is only SOME people that are saying this. There must be more than half a dozen carpenters on this networking site so why are they not all saying they have no work?!?!?!? (Im really sorry if ive offended anyone)

I was so fed up when I read what SOME people had to say (and please note that it is only SOME people), I was reduced to tears. We have worked really hard to get where we are and spent a hell of alot of time and money for it not to work out now.

So, anyway, I decided to see if other networking sites feel the same and signed up for another. On that site there is no negativity at all. Noboby is saying they cannot get work. It has gone quiet recently but there is still work there. Some are saying its hard to get work, as when you first start up over there you need to build a reputation for yourself (as in England really) but there is work out there if you really want it.

So please keep you chin up, I am positive that, yes its going to be hard to start with, but if you really want it then it will work out.

When are you planning to go and where to? We are going in September to Clear Island Waters, Gold Coast.

Jan. x

i know you started this thread asking for positive comments on work for carpenters,the truth in the matter is there isnt,.we are going into recession,work is very tight with no signs of improvement,by coming on pio you get help and advice from people already here trying to help you ie eddie,myself and brooksey as we know first hand what its like at the moment trying to get a job and believe me its hard.its fine looking at websites over there advertiseing fictional jobs with agencys,you will see lots with hays who just advertise to get you on there books,but have no work why godknows?as for getting in tears over this,how do you think we feel selling up,coming over here and then sat on your arse,i wish i was in your position and was getting this advice,then i know i would stay put till things pick up but its your lifes and your decission,dont say you wasnt told:laugh:

Guest Working to fish
i know you started this thread asking for positive comments on work for carpenters,the truth in the matter is there isnt,.we are going into recession,work is very tight with no signs of improvement,by coming on pio you get help and advice from people already here trying to help you ie eddie,myself and brooksey as we know first hand what its like at the moment trying to get a job and believe me its hard.its fine looking at websites over there advertiseing fictional jobs with agencys,you will see lots with hays who just advertise to get you on there books,but have no work why godknows?as for getting in tears over this,how do you think we feel selling up,coming over here and then sat on your arse,i wish i was in your position and was getting this advice,then i know i would stay put till things pick up but its your lifes and your decission,dont say you wasnt told:laugh:

Cheers

chippy 2 .

Sorry to all for losing the will to live with our friend on hear ,who knows best all the way from the uk . If any one would like any info any time please pm me as i will not be helping out on threads like this any more :yes:.

On a good note i have a job interview in brisbane in the morning ,wish me luck.

eddie

Guest Working to fish
good luck eddie,iam currently working for a painter,hope you get the job,ask them if they need more chippys feels weird holding a brush instead of a hammer hahaha:Randy-git:

Will do chippy and thanks .

The guy says his order books are full for the next 3 years ,so that gives me hope .

eddie:jiggy:

Guest Jan0001

Thank Chippy2, I do really appreciate that you take the time to answer me, good or bad, I hope things work out for you all over there.

Jan0001

Guest Jan0001
Cheers

chippy 2 .

Sorry to all for losing the will to live with our friend on hear ,who knows best all the way from the uk . If any one would like any info any time please pm me as i will not be helping out on threads like this any more :yes:.

On a good note i have a job interview in brisbane in the morning ,wish me luck.

eddie

Good luck with your job interview Eddie. I am sorry this thread has turned so horribly bad. My point in starting this thread was only to see if anybody has anything good to say but it has turned horribly bad. Saying that, I do really appreciate the time you have taken to reply to me and the advice you have given, good or bad. I really do hope things turn out ok for you all over there.

Good Luck!

Jan0001 :smile:

Thank Chippy2, I do really appreciate that you take the time to answer me, good or bad, I hope things work out for you all over there.

Jan0001

the job front is tough,especially for chippys at the moment unless you can both do another job to ride out the storm,as we speak another big builder on the news has just gone bust,it is scary times,thats why i just wanted to warn you as have spent a lot and are returning back to yorkshire,if you didnt have kids i would say go for it,but if your like me and have kids (3) it is hard fiancialy,dont forget if you have pr you still dont get any goverment help for two years?:unsure:

Guest Working to fish
Good luck with your job interview Eddie. I am sorry this thread has turned so horribly bad. My point in starting this thread was only to see if anybody has anything good to say but it has turned horribly bad. Saying that, I do really appreciate the time you have taken to reply to me and the advice you have given, good or bad. I really do hope things turn out ok for you all over there.

Good Luck!

Jan0001 :smile:

Cheers guys and thanks for the pm ,have pm,ed you back .

Please don't let one inter net site help you make up your minds ,do as much research as you can.

eddie

Guest Jan0001

Thank you all. Its unfortunate that it has taken so long to get our visas that we have nearly completed visa process in time for a recession. Its not much better in England neither, my OH has work for two more weeks then god knows whats round the corner, very scary. We had our police checked done middle of Jan so we have to decide whether to go for it within the next year or loose all our money and hopes we have built up over the last few years.

We are hoping to come out in September and I know that if we dont try we will regret it for the rest of our lives, lets just hope that between the two of us, at least one of us can get work to start with when we get there.

Jan0001

Guest JoanneHattersley

At the end of the day, if you dont try will you always be thinking "what if".

Only you know the answer and whatever you do there are loads of us here on PIO that will support you in anyway that we can

Guest Jan0001
At the end of the day, if you dont try will you always be thinking "what if".

Only you know the answer and whatever you do there are loads of us here on PIO that will support you in anyway that we can

Thank you, thats really nice to know. Looking forward to any meet ups that you all may have and making some new friends!!!

Hi there,

I was listening to a financial adviser this morning and he was saying that Canada and Australia will fare better than us as the countries rich in energy will thrieve.

My ozzies friends say they are starting to see the effects of the recession in the bigger companies, but on the domestic front, there is still work (they are in Perth).

A recession normally last for 6-18 months so I have been reading, so if we time it right, we get over there at a time when property has reduced to an affordable price.

Your not going to Sept, thats another 9 months!! We are doing the same. We will watch and see how things are towards the end of the year.

Timing is everything!! We want to go so much we are willing to work at anything initially (if hubbie cant get work, hes a carpenter, than I will work).

We have lived in Perth before so we have contacts (sorry I know you are going to the sunshine coast) so keep in contact with members over there, things might be a whole lot different end of year (oh so I hope!!).

Good luck.

Caz & Padraig (carpenter/cabinetmaker)

Living in Ireland and living from week to week

Guest Jan0001
Hi there,

I was listening to a financial adviser this morning and he was saying that Canada and Australia will fare better than us as the countries rich in energy will thrieve.

My ozzies friends say they are starting to see the effects of the recession in the bigger companies, but on the domestic front, there is still work (they are in Perth).

A recession normally last for 6-18 months so I have been reading, so if we time it right, we get over there at a time when property has reduced to an affordable price.

Your not going to Sept, thats another 9 months!! We are doing the same. We will watch and see how things are towards the end of the year.

Timing is everything!! We want to go so much we are willing to work at anything initially (if hubbie cant get work, hes a carpenter, than I will work).

We have lived in Perth before so we have contacts (sorry I know you are going to the sunshine coast) so keep in contact with members over there, things might be a whole lot different end of year (oh so I hope!!).

Good luck.

Caz & Padraig (carpenter/cabinetmaker)

Living in Ireland and living from week to week

Thank you for your reply. You will have to keep in touch and let me know how you get on with your move. My hubbie is a carpenter too, hopefully he will get work but he will do something else if he has too. I have just had a baby and was hoping not to go back to work straight away but ive decided I will have to start looking straight away so between the two of us, hopefully one of us will get work.

Good luck and keep me posted.

Jan & Woz

Guest sout101

yes things are quiet at the moment in Australia but no more than back here in the UK if you want work you can get it head out to places like Mt Isa in Queensland theres always work out there and i mean always not always the job you want but its ajob then when things pick up go for the job you want. Might sound obvious but its true

Archived