Carpenters on the Gold Coast

Guest Jan0001

Guest Jan0001

Hi All, just wondered if anybody has anything positive to say about work for carpenters on the Gold Coast/Brisbane at the moment.

We are nearly at the end of our Visa application (sub class 175 - permanent residency) and plan to move out towards the end of this year. I was really looking forward to it and felt really positive until I registered on this web site.......

It seems from recent threads that work is really quiet out there. Is there any carpenters out there that have work at the moment, would be nice to hear something positive.

Please respond.

Jan :wink:

Hi All, just wondered if anybody has anything positive to say about work for carpenters on the Gold Coast/Brisbane at the moment.

We are nearly at the end of our Visa application (sub class 175 - permanent residency) and plan to move out towards the end of this year. I was really looking forward to it and felt really positive until I registered on this web site.......

It seems from recent threads that work is really quiet out there. Is there any carpenters out there that have work at the moment, would be nice to hear something positive.

Please respond.

Jan :wink:

See Chippy2 and brooksey threads nuff said

Guest Jan0001

Thank you for replying, it was their threads thats filled me full of doubt and was hoping somebody out there had something good to say. We have a friend out there who is a french polisher and he says that there is work. Hope he is right, we have spent too much not to go now.

Jan

Thank you for replying, it was their threads thats filled me full of doubt and was hoping somebody out there had something good to say. We have a friend out there who is a french polisher and he says that there is work. Hope he is right, we have spent too much not to go now.

Jan

Go for it at least you wont freeze to death lol , mite have to diverse a bit and use your nouse

mally

Well there is that, I can really see myself selling the Big Issue on the beach rather than in the cold!!!!!

Its not the big issue but its called another name , you prob get work mate building is different over here , on a land estate there mite be 1000 blocks (plots ) theoretically 1000 builders, you buy your block then choose your builder

Mally

sorry if this is negative but things are REALLY quiet. A few big projects have been shelved. We are just taking things week by week

Its ok saying you still have the beach,sun etc but you cant live of fresh air - just think carefully

Guest The Wager Family

Jan,

Its nice to see another midland carpenter moving to the Gold Coast!!

We have just received our 175 skilled visa and have booked a 3wk holiday to Brisbane - we go on 15/03/2009. We are visiting several places from Redcliff right down to Coolangatta. One of the main things we will be looking for is the job availability for my hubby. I will have to let you know what the job situation is like when we get back. How far through the visa process are you? Have you had your medicals etc?

Sarah

Guest brooksey
Its not the big issue but its called another name , you prob get work mate building is different over here , on a land estate there mite be 1000 blocks (plots ) theoretically 1000 builders, you buy your block then choose your builder

Mally

Thats one of the problems. You can't just ask a site forman for a job you have to ask every single person on site. I've started applying for labourers jobs etc and still no luck:cry:. Going for a drive around Brisbane again on Monday.

Thing is i don't think anyone is working in S Yorks at moment:nah: so were staying here.

Guest snow white
Thats one of the problems. You can't just ask a site forman for a job you have to ask every single person on site. I've started applying for labourers jobs etc and still no luck:cry:. Going for a drive around Brisbane again on Monday.

Thing is i don't think anyone is working in S Yorks at moment:nah: so were staying here.

same for us, my oh is plumber gasfitter and on goldcoast hes had no work for 5 weeks, hes sent off cvs rang around had a few days work this week but weve talked about wether hes better going back to uk and working for his dads company for a couple of months job waiting just to keep the wolves from the door so to speak , things will pick up hopefully , would prefer him to stay here as hes only going to have the same when he comes back looking for work all over again,

anyway best of luck with your plans

lesley x

Guest Rickard Family
Jan,

Its nice to see another midland carpenter moving to the Gold Coast!!

We have just received our 175 skilled visa and have booked a 3wk holiday to Brisbane - we go on 15/03/2009. We are visiting several places from Redcliff right down to Coolangatta. One of the main things we will be looking for is the job availability for my hubby. I will have to let you know what the job situation is like when we get back. How far through the visa process are you? Have you had your medicals etc?

Sarah

Hi Sarah

would also be interested on how you get on in March! Clint also Carpenter and we are hoping to move to the Gold Coast area end of the year! does make you wonder though with so many of us going over with the same trade surely there's not that much work going around...lol especially in a ressession.

Hope you have a great time!

Lou x

well this thread has just turned my mood from bad to almost suicidal...after all the bad luck we've had with house sale falling thro...we finally have someone to take on our house (renting) and there is no work to go to..and to put more pressure on us we don't have that long left on our visa :confused:

Guest Jan0001

Hi Sarah

Sorry for late reply, have not been on for a while.

We had our medicals last week so we are just waiting for our visa now. We are hoping to go in September this year.

Did you get your visa using TRA or Vetassess for your hubbies qualifications?

You will have to let me know what you think when you go over. We are initially moving to Clear Island Waters / Broadbeach as we have friends nearby. We will have to meet up when we are both there!

There is alot of negativity on this network about work at the moment but from what I gather from other networking sites and friends we have in Oz the feeling is yes the work has gone quieter than last year, but you can still get work if you really want it.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Jan x

Guest daluchi

hello comrade im in the same boat, ive applied for gold coast and im gunna take every day as it comes we obviously apply for these visas for a reason, (weather,Life style etc). if you want it that bad you will find work weather its chippying as i do or stacking shelves. stacking shelves in oz FCUKing priceless lol. live for the moment i am hahaha

Guest Jan0001
well this thread has just turned my mood from bad to almost suicidal...after all the bad luck we've had with house sale falling thro...we finally have someone to take on our house (renting) and there is no work to go to..and to put more pressure on us we don't have that long left on our visa :confused:

Hiya, I totally understand how you are feeling, I felt exactly the same when I joined this network and read some of the threads.

The whole point of this thread was asking if anybody had anything good to say about work for carpenters on the Gold Coast. There does not seem to be any positivity when it comes to work for carpenters, but saying that it is only SOME people that are saying this. There must be more than half a dozen carpenters on this networking site so why are they not all saying they have no work?!?!?!? (Im really sorry if ive offended anyone)

I was so fed up when I read what SOME people had to say (and please note that it is only SOME people), I was reduced to tears. We have worked really hard to get where we are and spent a hell of alot of time and money for it not to work out now.

So, anyway, I decided to see if other networking sites feel the same and signed up for another. On that site there is no negativity at all. Noboby is saying they cannot get work. It has gone quiet recently but there is still work there. Some are saying its hard to get work, as when you first start up over there you need to build a reputation for yourself (as in England really) but there is work out there if you really want it.

So please keep you chin up, I am positive that, yes its going to be hard to start with, but if you really want it then it will work out.

When are you planning to go and where to? We are going in September to Clear Island Waters, Gold Coast.

Jan. x

Guest Jan0001
hello comrade im in the same boat, ive applied for gold coast and im gunna take every day as it comes we obviously apply for these visas for a reason, (weather,Life style etc). if you want it that bad you will find work weather its chippying as i do or stacking shelves. stacking shelves in oz FCUKing priceless lol. live for the moment i am hahaha

Here, here!!!!! You have the right attitude, we need to spread the positiivity.....:biggrin:

Jan. x

Guest daluchi

if you look around this site most people are all doom and gloom and i think if you read into them too much youll start thinking the same way as others. no two people are the same and if you look on the seek site for jobs in oz theres loads of chippying jobs.

Guest Working to fish
if you look around this site most people are all doom and gloom and i think if you read into them too much youll start thinking the same way as others. no two people are the same and if you look on the seek site for jobs in oz theres loads of chippying jobs.

Is that right loads of chippying jobs on seek ,sorry mate but can you pull theses jobs up and post them on this thread .

eddie

Guest Working to fish

Are you in oz yet ,

would love to know .

eddie

im not saying there all in one state but there was jobs on there is what i was saying?

Seek is full 0of jobs yes but look closely , most are agencies and 1 job is probably advertised by different agencies plus the ads are duplicated. Also call it negative posts ,blokes are lookin for work but they are in OZ ,I would think if the employment situation was positive the blokes would get these numerous job and stop posting nega...... sorry realistic posts

Mally

Guest kazmatt

funny this thread should come to light, i just found a newspaper from august in the cupboard and had a look in the job section and there was 19 jobs for a chippie, tons of jobs for decorators and most trades, this week there was only one plastering job, a few for a chippie, but on a positive note, there still seems to be a big demand for painters still. courier mail ( brisbane area ).

Archived