PAYG mobile boradband?

Guest mbriody

Guest mbriody

Anyone know if you can get this from any of the suppliers?

I need to sort something out for my wife just for 1 or 2 months until we get settled in a longer term rental.

All the ones I've found so far want to tie you to a contract which I'm not interested in yet.

Hi

I just arrived in sydney and have virgin payg mobile broadband. Got it from a shop in one of the big malls in sydney city centre, no problems at all

Darrell

I too have a Virgin broadband PAYG, it costs $179 for the USB stick and sim card and works off the Optus 3G network so coverage is pretty good in most areas, you just top up by voucher by ringing Virgin and punching the code in, the vouchers come in $15,30,50 or $100. Other companies offer the same sort of set up. Optus is $199 with 1gb data, "I would of bought this one, but Virgin released theirs first" Telstra is $149 though the top ups are expensive but the coverage is the best of them all, Vodafone, 3 and dodo offer similar packages too, you can purchase these modems from K-Mart, Big W, Harvey Norman, WOW, Dick Smiths or phone shops.

Be warned who ever you go with that the line can drop out from time to time especially in the evenings, so the service is never 100% but I am happy with mine as it does what I need it to...

Guest mbriody

Thanks, that's very helpful. I did check out Vodafone's web site (in Oz) and couldn't find a PAYG option though I did find the Virgin one. I'll check out the others.

I just need an option I can tell my non-techie wife to go and buy once she gets there.

Archived