Validating Visas???

Guest kirstig123

Guest kirstig123

Hi All

I have noticed that you can validate a visa by visiting Oz, we are a family of4 (kids are 4 and 8) , do we all need to go in order to validate or can my OH who is applying for the 176 go. Also how long is it valid once its validated?? .....I am being very premature, however I thought I would ask as I keep seing it mentioned.

Thanks Kirsti

Hi

Everybody has to go to validate visas, all 6 of us are heading off to perth in April to validate ours. It's a lot of money but we are really looking forward to returning to Perth, thank goodness for credit cards!!

All the best

Arlene:jiggy:

Guest ReadyPenny

Yes you all have to go to validate. THe period is either four or five years to enter Australia after validation. My memory escapes me but it is definately one of these - five I think

Mandy

Guest mandisfam

Hi, We have applied for the 175 but I understand for that visa, you have 5 years from the date it was granted to move to oz permanently. You have to validate within 1 year of having your meds done. Whatever is then left of the 5 years since the date the visa was granted, is the time you have to make the big move.

We too will be validating with a family of 4....just praying we win the lottery before hand...lol

Good luck

Mandisfam

Hi Kirsti,

As I understand it (I am not a migration expert but this is what I have been led to believe):

You must validate your visa by making your initial entry into Australia within 1 year of either your meds or police checks (whichever is the earliest).

Everyone on the visa must validate, but not necessarily at the same time. However, the main applicant (I assume this is your OH) must validate first.

When the visa is issued, you are also issued with a RRV (Resident Return Visa) which lasts 5 years. The allows you as permanent residents to exit and re-enter the country freely. When the 5 years is up, if you haven't already taken up Aussie citizenship, you will normally be allowed to renew your RRV, provided, amongst other things, you have been continuously resident in Australia for 2 out of the previous 5 years.

So, in theory, you have up to 3 years to move to Australia 'permanently'.

Hope this helps. If I am wrong on any of these points, I'm sure someone will correct me. If in doubt, please consult a qualified migration expert!

Cheers,

Tom

When you get your visa it will say 'initial entry by' and give the date. Everyone included on the visa must validate by that date. The primary applicant can go on their own to look for work etc., but you all have to have made your initial entry by the first date stated on your visa. You can then return to the UK and you then have a further 4 years to make the move to australia. As previously mentioned, the initial date of entry is one year from the date of your medical or police check (whichever is the earliest date) and not the date they give you the visa.

Ali

Guest snow white
Hi All

I have noticed that you can validate a visa by visiting Oz, we are a family of4 (kids are 4 and 8) , do we all need to go in order to validate or can my OH who is applying for the 176 go. Also how long is it valid once its validated?? .....I am being very premature, however I thought I would ask as I keep seing it mentioned.

Thanks Kirsti

hi kirsti the info the others on here have given you is spot on it is a year form police checks or medicals when you must validate or lose visa , my family is large theirs 8 of us altogether our house sale fell through so we couldn't afford to validate in the time we had then move unless we stayed in uk for 2 years to save up again, so decided to just move straight away im sure im not the only one whos done it this way

best of luck

lesley x

• 5 years later...

Archived