Guest Lou76

John Mason removal quote

Guest Lou76

John Mason have quoted us £3150 for the complete service to Perth. This seems really good, especially as Pickfords were £4026...however can I ask if there are any hidden costs we need to be aware of with Mason's apart from the Aus customs charge & insurance? We still have Anglo Pacific to come round but tbh if mason's will agree to £3k (got to try!) and there are no horror stories I think we'll go with Mason's.

(ps the reason this quote is so reasonable I think is because we're in temporary accomodation after we sold our house so lots of stuff is already wrapped!)

Cheers!

Check if your insurance is included with that or on top.

Ali

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

John Mason have quoted us £3150 for the complete service to Perth. This seems really good, especially as Pickfords were £4026...however can I ask if there are any hidden costs we need to be aware of with Mason's apart from the Aus customs charge & insurance? We still have Anglo Pacific to come round but tbh if mason's will agree to £3k (got to try!) and there are no horror stories I think we'll go with Mason's.

(ps the reason this quote is so reasonable I think is because we're in temporary accomodation after we sold our house so lots of stuff is already wrapped!)

Cheers!

Check the cubic footage they have quoted for compared to the other quotes. I have heard of some companies underquoting the size needed, so that their quote is the cheapest, then charging more on the actual day.

Guest yelsel

Hi, whatever you do, do NOT go with /anglopacific! We moved here in September, got our property December & apart from the shamblesof their 'expert packers' (my sons could have done a more competent job) have suffered so much damage to our stuff not being packed properly & now when they have the chance to redeem themselves they have sliced our claim to less than half chosing where & when to reflect where in our insurance we had not listed every single item! My royal worcester dinner service completly smashed! Picture frames and mirrors cracked, even the vacuum cleaner hose was twisted & split. Thank goodness the dog travelled separately!!! Joking apart, avoid them like the palgue & run with others experience where ever possible. Whereabouts are you migrating to?

Regards, Lesley

another one here recomending Dorree bonnor. We used them when we came out last November and as well as providing a great quote they where cheapest on FULL insurance and it came in cheaper then the qoute. Our stuff got here in exactly the time stated and all was well proffesional teams both ends too

Guest oz-gal

john mason is actually based around the corner from my house and they are a fab brothers company based in barry south wales and yes they look after you lots.. but doree bonner are also cool so try them for a quote and mason will try to beat them

Hi.

We used John Mason last June when we moved to Melbourne. They were brilliant and would highly recommend them, based on our experiences. There were no hidden fees for us (except the cost of bacon and sausage for the guys' sarnies, oh and the endless cups of coffee and tea). We paid around the 4k mark for a 20ft reefer, which included their insurance. All we paid at this end was $145 for custom clearance. Nothing broken and the service was excellent at both ends.

T x

Domestic Goddess For Hire

your home cleaned with pride

Guest Lou76

Thanks all, we booked John Masons. Andy got them down to £3050 which we were really happy with. Obviously insurance is extra, we're going for the total loss flat fee.

FYI Allied Pickfords quoted around 4k for 20ft, 4200 for a part fill on a 40ft, and 2200 for self pack and them load (but obviously subject to potentially more customs issues).

Check the cubic footage they have quoted for compared to the other quotes. I have heard of some companies underquoting the size needed, so that their quote is the cheapest, then charging more on the actual day.

This happend to us. Small firm in Cornwall, which we had used previously so we trusted them to do a good job! The guy came around and wrote a list of the stuff that we would be taking and gave a quote for a shared container - "which would be plenty as there's not that much stuff".

To cut a long story short on the day they packed up half our stuff and said that's all we've quoted for. They had the list of stuff that the guy had quoted for but there was so much stuff not on his list, like the kids toys and the enitire contents of the shed including bikes and so on! On removal day we went from a needing a shared container to needing a full container at nearly double the price.

As they had half our stuff and we were flying in 2 days didn't have alot of choice but to pay it!

So don't make the same mistake - just double check what you've been quoted for!

Good luck with it all

Kat x

On the Gold Coast since September 2008.

Guest snow white

hi there

we have used doree bonner 3 times and they have been fantastic not only were they the best quote they have been in touch with us every step of the way it helps to know there is someone keeping an eye on your goods for you. there were no hidden charges unlike another company we used which if anyone wants to know who to avoid pm me will gladly inform you

lesley x

Guest SEFFnSARAH

Hi thanks to everyone for the info. We have only just started to think about getting quotes so it is useful to hear other peoples experiences. So far we have only had PSS but we need to get around to others. Trouble is we keep changing our minds as to what we are taking and what we are leaving. Have started to look at John Mason site and that is great for giving us an idea.

Sarah

Guest Cane Family

Hi All

Had John Mason round today, will get a quote in 48 hours, but i also contacted Pickfords based on 1023CuFt (20ft container) They quoted £3675 + Ins and clearence fees of $400, so we will wait and see what the outcome is.

Regards

We chose Robinsons in the end but it was a fine call between them and Bonner. Bonner also include 4 weeks storage at either end something which non of the other i had round included....if you think you may be inbetween properties (due to rentals etc) at the Aus end then this is a good incentive.

Bex Aka Foot lady

Guest Darwin's coming too

hi,

I've just contacted Doree Bonners for a quote, I did email John Mason aswell over the weekend and they haven't contacted me at all. Maybe it's because we're only taking small items inc china, glasses etc and not taking any large furniture ?

Lisa

john mason have been in touch - they'd left a message on my mobi

Guest traybears

hi,we used john masons and they were fantastic from start to finish.highly recommened.tracy.xx.

Guest lisaandnigel
hi,we used john masons and they were fantastic from start to finish.highly recommened.tracy.xx.

hi just getting prices ourselfs, do you mind me asking how much they cost? what size container did you have and did you get it insured?

Guest snow white

its well worth getting as many quotes as possible and doree bonner offered us 4 weeks free storage no one else did!

lesley x

We had a couple of people come round and I have to say that John Masons were the most professional and the most exact in their quote. Like Traybears, we were impressed from start to finish, the work ethic of the packers put most people to shame, I don't think they stopped for 2 days and arrived at 7.30 in the morning.

Ali

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Guest snow white

same as us with doree bonner, there quote and size of container was spot on , their price was the best quote and the free storage offer was very good also. on arrival in oz they didnt have any extra or hidden charges unlike another company i cannot mention and they kept in touch with us all the time from container being packed to unpacked , we even had a call asking how we found tehir services.

at teh end of the day the best thing is to get quotes make sure their are no hidden costs and make your own mind up all the best wiht the move

lesley x

hi our quote for 20 boxes (approx 100 cu ft) from doree bonner was £720 door-door service inc packing etc

lisa

Guest oz-gal

i used doree bonner and they damaged my 3 piece suit and mirror ... their fault getting in and out. dented my freezer and broke my wardrobe and they tried saying was cos of no insurance but it clearly says that normal damages will be paid by them. they tried everything to get out of it but i took them to court and won... their insurance prices are disgusting ...

Guest snow white
i used doree bonner and they damaged my 3 piece suit and mirror ... their fault getting in and out. dented my freezer and broke my wardrobe and they tried saying was cos of no insurance but it clearly says that normal damages will be paid by them. they tried everything to get out of it but i took them to court and won... their insurance prices are disgusting ...

sorry to hear your experience was not a good one i guess its never going to be 100% everytime all i can say is they did two containers for us and not one thing broken as for another company we used there service was disgusting from start to finish

lesley x