Culture shock

Guest luluc

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How long have you been on BIO...I have been far ruder than that:cool:

Why are you still posting on pio when you have absolutly nothing of any value to add as you have quite clearly shown with that particular post. Most people would be disgusted by what you have said by slating ozzies and there lifestyle. andy

Andy

Don't forget who you're dealing with here on POMS IN OZ.

Earlswood came back and Aldo came back and apparently is now on the Costa Del Sol!!!!!

One has to wonder just how much time they have on their hands now they are back where they want to be.

The saying GET A LIFE repeatedly pops into my head.

Guest earlswood
Why are you still posting on pio when you have absolutly nothing of any value to add as you have quite clearly shown with that particular post. Most people would be disgusted by what you have said by slating ozzies and there lifestyle. andy

More than you....I have done it and help people making decisions with work where to live, places to avoid, prices of goods ,best places to go, best places to avoid being mugged etc etc:spinny:

And my post was tounge in cheek although most of it is true

Aussies don't know any better, they would take it as a compliment..

Hope you don't mind me butting in.:wubclub:

More than you....I have done it and help people making decisions with work where to live, places to avoid, prices of goods ,best places to go, best places to avoid being mugged etc etc:spinny:

And my post was tounge in cheek although most of it is true

If you really think your posts ( like this evening ) helps people then you really do need your medication.

Guest earlswood
If you really think your posts ( like this evening ) helps people then you really do need your medication.

Weekends are my moaning posts....catch me in the week when I am more than helpfull...:tongue:

Andy

Don't forget who you're dealing with here on POMS IN OZ.

Earlswood came back and Aldo came back and apparently is now on the Costa Del Sol!!!!!

One has to wonder just how much time they have on their hands now they are back where they want to be.

The saying GET A LIFE repeatedly pops into my head.

did Andy ask your opinion?

did Andy ask your opinion?

Cant you get it through your head, I was asking earlswood specifically because of his previous question, or are you having a bit of trouble understanding that! andy

Cant you get it through your head, I was asking earlswood specifically because of his previous question, or are you having a bit of trouble understanding that! andy

may i answer?

Guest earlswood
Are Brits happy in Spain Aldo?

Are Spanish people happy Aldo?

Oh, my, that must surely be a different forum,no?

Loads come back from spain to the UK ....Aldo will not I think.

Are Brits happy in Spain Aldo?

Are Spanish people happy Aldo?

Oh, my, that must surely be a different forum,no?

Some of the old school expats aint happy but its the British way to stay upbeat in the face of adversity, remember Rorke's Drift.

The Spanish are the party people of the world, always happy..

Guest brooksey

It makes me laugh how everyone seems to put Australians in one group. Ie there all lazy, there all scuffy, there all rude, there all great.

I go to an ozzie neigbours house for drinks parties and yet i think another Ozzie neighbour is an arse. Same thing went in Sheffield. Surely not everybody is the same whatever country your in.

Guest earlswood
It makes me laugh how everyone seems to put Australians in one group. Ie there all lazy, there all scuffy, there all rude, there all great.

I go to an ozzie neigbours house for drinks parties and yet i think another Ozzie neighbour is an arse. Same thing went in Sheffield. Surely not everybody is the same whatever country your in.

Spot on...and living in any country in the world is the same.....hard......if you have to work you can never really enjoy the Country 100% untill you retire....then it is to late mate...that is why I will retire at 50.

Thanks so much for your comments - to be honest I did not expect to get that many!

I think I got an idea of what to expect :) and I'm really looking forward to it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BearAngela
ok i see you are new so i will be gentle with you.

Right for starters here goes.

For get about shoes they don't were um ,even when shopping.

You have to drink any time of the day.

Sausages are crap ,but you have to eat them ,its the ozzie way.

Hair dont worry cos no one else does.

Tv ,forget it.

will be back later with more great info.

eddie:wacko:

Hee hee...that sums it up PERFECTLY!!! Tie your hair up, stick a pair of sunglasses on...who cares...you're gonna get it all wet in the swimming pool just now anyway!!:goofy:

Guest BearAngela
I will be honest....i dont get this culture differnce thing over here????.......i came here to try a new life, and have never once thought it is a complete different culture to the Uk......i think its better than the UK for me, but never really suffered any culture worries as i dont seem to find any......now if i moved to the middle east, id get the culture differnce thing......anyone else feel the same or not???.........

I'm TOTALLY with you on that!!! :rolleyes:

As I have said elsewhere Tis a big country and it is like the blind men feeling different bits of the elephant describing Oz differences to a person still in UK In very hot summer days you definitely cannot walk barefoot and nor can puppies I do not find honesty is valued here much altho I understand that this fairly new and may be the same in UK now I let rooms and prefer travellers from anywhere but here unless they are really special

The Oz men do not flirt much the older ones that is and expect you to go to them They are easily put off and do not talk to you at all if they think you are not interested and it is hard for Europeans used to be a bit of enthusiasm I spose most of you are married so not a problem But you kind of feel there is not as much free floating love going around

Guest 0405delboy
As I have said elsewhere Tis a big country and it is like the blind men feeling different bits of the elephant describing Oz differences to a person still in UK In very hot summer days you definitely cannot walk barefoot and nor can puppies I do not find honesty is valued here much altho I understand that this fairly new and may be the same in UK now I let rooms and prefer travellers from anywhere but here unless they are really special

The Oz men do not flirt much the older ones that is and expect you to go to them They are easily put off and do not talk to you at all if they think you are not interested and it is hard for Europeans used to be a bit of enthusiasm I spose most of you are married so not a problem But you kind of feel there is not as much free floating love going around

Whoa whoa whoa!!!! :err: Am I right in thinking you may be a single lady?? :biggrin:

0405delboy

Fashion is about up to date now thanks to the internet Prepackaged meals in supermarkets are not as good or as tasty in fact are mostly crap and read the labels as there are different additives that are banned in UK Food in cafes pubs and restaurants is cheaper and better in Oz with good seafood Eating out is more common Commercial TV is crap unless you get cable etc altho sbs and abc are good Movies are up to date Pubs are not the same not somewhere to relax Coffee shops are good State schools expect money for books and some courses In WA kids have poor vocabularies Melbourne they have good ones Not sure about the other places It is easier to pay for private schools esp if they are church run But they may not be better than the state ones Oz people think that speaking a second language is exotic and not many do tho Aborginals up north may speak several languages There are a lot of amphetamines around and the usual drugs That is all I can think of for now

Archived