(417) minor criminal record, does it show on VISA?

Guest macnas

Dear all

Have searched the forum but was unable to find a reply.

I would like to apply for a working holiday visa but have a minor criminal record which happened four years ago.

What does the VISA look like??

My question to you is, when you get the visa, Does it say on it that you have a “record”?

For example , when showing the visa to a possible employer, is there a note “saying” criminal record?

Do you even have to show the visa to the employer??

Best regards

Guest ReadyPenny

I have read on another site that you do have to show your visa to potential employers, they need to make sure you have the right to work in Oz before employing you.

Not sure about the record, we have our visa, which is simply a letter from DIAC confirming this and a "sticker" that fills a page in our passports.

To be honest I dont think this WOULD be stated on the actual visa itself, the only problem it may cause, is in the grant of the visa itself.

Good luck, hope it works out ok

Mandy

Guest pixie_duzt2003@hotmail.co

hiya, my fiance and i are off to oz on a working holiday visa also, you don't get a sticker on anything in your passport its all electronic,my fiance has an offence for drink driving and we just declared this when applying online,they then just asked for details of the offence,what happened in your own words and what the punishment was,we didn't have to provide a police check and he got his visa within the week, hope this helps,i think it just depends on the severity of the offence,good luck :smile:

hi there ...as pixie says it is electronically linked to your visa .... you do get a letter to say visa has been approved and they recommend you take at least 3 copies and leave one in uk with someone .... i have just done this for my son ...he had to get a police check done [silly boy ] but his visa was approved .... it took 10 weeks all in ..but then there was xmas hols in between and he had to wait for police checks coming back ..... there is nothing put on your passport to say you have a criminal record !!!

mrs keily

hmm thats strange,i have not receved a written letter,i did recieve an email to say that we have recieved our visa's though, do i just print this? we applied last november time,

Hi all,

When i was in Oz on a working holiday Visa ( in 2003) I was issued a letter, but when i arrived in Oz i went to the migration office and placed a Sticker inside the passport,a full page sized visa. Not sure if its still the same now tho.

It only shows the entitlement of the Visa, how long you can stay and how long you can work etc.

Hope this helps

J.

just checked the email i recieved, and all it says is to print it off and keep it for my own records, and that no stamp will be issued as working holiday visa are completely electronic now,hmmm

just checked the email i recieved, and all it says is to print it off and keep it for my own records, and that no stamp will be issued as working holiday visa are completely electronic now,hmmm

thats correct pixie ..... copies are only for your own records .....and as milkymoos says you can get your passport sticker put in when you arrive ...but again this is up to you ...it is not compulsory

mrs keily

Archived