Plumbing Vetassess Practical

Guest ozzieandlea

Guest ozzieandlea

Hi everyone

We`re new to this forum and was wondering if anyone can help me. I`m due to take my plumbing practical at Accrington next month and am taking the roofing option. Was just hoping if anyone has taken this option could they give me some information about it. I know it requires you to fab box guttering but was wondering if it`s lead,copper tin etc. I can`t find any info about it and if anyone can give me some help then I would be very grateful. Should I email Vetassess and ask them or is that a bad idea? The firm where I work employs roofers so they tend to do all the leadwork and I haven`t really done much leadwork since serving my time (22 years ago). Everyone keeps telling me I`m worrying too much and maybe that`s so but I don`t want to risk failing due to cost and delaying the visa application.

Thanking you all in advance

Ozzie and Lea

Hi everyone

We`re new to this forum and was wondering if anyone can help me. I`m due to take my plumbing practical at Accrington next month and am taking the roofing option. Was just hoping if anyone has taken this option could they give me some information about it. I know it requires you to fab box guttering but was wondering if it`s lead,copper tin etc. I can`t find any info about it and if anyone can give me some help then I would be very grateful. Should I email Vetassess and ask them or is that a bad idea? The firm where I work employs roofers so they tend to do all the leadwork and I haven`t really done much leadwork since serving my time (22 years ago). Everyone keeps telling me I`m worrying too much and maybe that`s so but I don`t want to risk failing due to cost and delaying the visa application.

Thanking you all in advance

Ozzie and Lea

Hi Ozzie & Lea!

Welcome to pio,

Can't help with your question, But my O/H John will also be doing the practical on the 19th feb, Same place, He has been told the same as you, "Worry too much", , He's not here at the mo, but im sure he will drop you a message when he gets home! :arghh:

Guest ozzieandlea
Hi Ozzie & Lea!

Welcome to pio,

Can't help with your question, But my O/H John will also be doing the practical on the 19th feb, Same place, He has been told the same as you, "Worry too much", , He's not here at the mo, but im sure he will drop you a message when he gets home! :arghh:

Hi Dawny

Thanks for your reply. I`m trying not to worry but the closer it gets the more nervous i become. Doing my test on 16th (mon) but best of luck to your O/H

Hi Dawny

Thanks for your reply. I`m trying not to worry but the closer it gets the more nervous i become. Doing my test on 16th (mon) but best of luck to your O/H

Many thanks!! And all the very best to you for the 16th, Let us know how you get on!!

Guest ozzieandlea
You'd be better doing the General Plumber Assessment as its a lot easier!!!

Hi madplumber

Thanks foy your reply. I am doing the General Plumber its just that I chose the roofing option rather than the gas. I can`t see me having any problem with the water and drainage parts as thats what I mainly do. Whilst I was serving my time the firm where I worked `split`the plumbers into water and H&V fitters. Cos I was an apprentice I had to stay on the water side(they promised me they`d train me up on the gas section as soon as I came out of my time then spent the next few years saying they didnt have the funds). I passed my gas on my advanced but thought you had to have the ACS certificate to take the gas option on the vetassess. Anyway I guess I`ll just have to knuckle down and get on with it.:sad:

Guest madplumber1
Hi madplumber

Thanks foy your reply. I am doing the General Plumber its just that I chose the roofing option rather than the gas. I can`t see me having any problem with the water and drainage parts as thats what I mainly do. Whilst I was serving my time the firm where I worked `split`the plumbers into water and H&V fitters. Cos I was an apprentice I had to stay on the water side(they promised me they`d train me up on the gas section as soon as I came out of my time then spent the next few years saying they didnt have the funds). I passed my gas on my advanced but thought you had to have the ACS certificate to take the gas option on the vetassess. Anyway I guess I`ll just have to knuckle down and get on with it.:sad:

The gas side of the practical is very easy...looked at the roofing section and it shouldn't be too hard depending on what they want you to do. The water and drainage side of things quite basic....good luck and lets me know how ya got on!!

madplumber

Guest ozzieandlea
The gas side of the practical is very easy...looked at the roofing section and it shouldn't be too hard depending on what they want you to do. The water and drainage side of things quite basic....good luck and lets me know how ya got on!!

madplumber

Looking at the gas option I think I could have done that quite easily. wonder if i can change it. Thanks anyway and will let you know as soon as i can

Guest madplumber1
Looking at the gas option I think I could have done that quite easily. wonder if i can change it. Thanks anyway and will let you know as soon as i can

There might be a chance you can change it on the day, or better still send them an email

Archived