You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest lorenza

Medicals- how soon after submitting visa?

Guest lorenza

Hi,

I am new to this website and have been looking through some of the migration posts...I notice that some people say that they have frontloaded their medicals what exactly does this mean? Is it before the CO has asked for them or just when they submit their original application?

I know that the medicals determine the date of entry that you have to go to Oz and alot of people wait as they have houses to sell etc....but we are planning to leave within 6-8 weeks of getting the visa granted as we are renting and have nothing that we really need to hang around for/sort out! So would it be worth organising our medicals now to get done in the next month or so ( we applied 16.12.2008) or should we just wait until they are requested.

Thanks!

Guest ReadyPenny

In your case I would say get them done and sent asap.

We applied for our 175 01.10.08, did meds and police checks and front loaded 31.10.08 and our visa was granted 10.12.08.

If the entry time is not an issue, this is definately the way to go. As soon as you are allocated a CO they have all the info they need, hence the visa grant is quicker.

Mandy

Guest mandisfam
Hi,

I am new to this website and have been looking through some of the migration posts...I notice that some people say that they have frontloaded their medicals what exactly does this mean? Is it before the CO has asked for them or just when they submit their original application?

I know that the medicals determine the date of entry that you have to go to Oz and alot of people wait as they have houses to sell etc....but we are planning to leave within 6-8 weeks of getting the visa granted as we are renting and have nothing that we really need to hang around for/sort out! So would it be worth organising our medicals now to get done in the next month or so ( we applied 16.12.2008) or should we just wait until they are requested.

Thanks!

Hi, well I would say it depends on what visa you have applied for and whether you job is on the csl and the modl. Given the new current processing times I would be cautious when you frontloaded meds.....

Good luck with it.

Mandisfam

Guest mandisfam
In your case I would say get them done and sent asap.

We applied for our 175 01.10.08, did meds and police checks and front loaded 31.10.08 and our visa was granted 10.12.08.

If the entry time is not an issue, this is definately the way to go. As soon as you are allocated a CO they have all the info they need, hence the visa grant is quicker.

Mandy

Hi Mandy, Congratulations on getting your visa and even bigger congratulations for getting so quick.

I think your timeline is an exception to rule, not many get a 175 granted that quick.....you were very very lucky. I know many on here are still waiting for a co and applied back in July 08.

Good luck with your move to oz.

Mandisfam

Guest lorenza

Thanks for your replies, we are applying for a skilled 175 visa and my partner is a carpenter so still on both the lists- Its difficult to know what to do - there seems to be no hard and fast rules as to what we should do!

Thank you for your advice though- it just feels like if we could be getting on with it we should! So frustrating and we are have only just submitted our application- got a feeling its going to be a long few months!

Guest vixpinkbabe

Hi there,

I got told to do my medicals so that I get a case officer quicker, so got them done today. Just got back to find this in my inbox from my agent:

"Please note that DIAC is now asking that people NOT send in their medicals before they’re requested. Therefore it would be best if you could please ask your panel doctor to hold on to your medical reports until they’re requested. Once they have been we’ll let you know and you can then ask him to send them on to DIAC for you"

So I have no idea if this means we can't frontload anymore or...?

xxxxxxx