let the kids chat and make new friends

Guest michellematthews2005

Guest michellematthews2005

HI MY NAME IS KIEREN AND I AM NEARLY 12, MY PARENTS HAVE STARTED TALKING ABOUT GOING OVER TO OZ, AND I REALLY DON'T WANT TO, I,M SCARED AS I AM THE ONLY CHILD. IS THERE ANYONE WHO IS OUT THERE GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING. I WOULD LIKE TO CHAT.

Hi Kieren

I'm 33 so probably not what you were expecting! :o I am planning to move to Australia too and I am very scared some days I just want to give up with the idea but then I think of all that sunshine and every weekend being like the summer holidays :D and I want that for myself and my little boy. I was in Australia for a year and loved it, I know you will too. It will be a big adventure for you and I know you will love it when you make new friends.

Have a look on the internet and have a look at the place your folks are talking about and see what you think to it.

If there are any questions there are some very nice folks on this forum who will be more than happy to help. I am just sorry my lad is too young to chat to you. My niece is 13 and they are thinking of coming out to me so I will see if she will have a chat with you if you would like?

Take care mate hope it all goes well for you.

Sharon

Guest Ian & Sarah

Hi Kieran,

My name is Sarah. I'm Australian and a bit old (30 this Thursday coming). I moved to England about 2 years ago now and am moving back 'home' next year.

When I was about 9 my parents moved us from Sydney to Canberra. I had to change school's, make new friends, etc etc - just like you are doing. We moved house about 5 times (my Dad's job took us around a bit) and then my mum and dad broke up when I was 14. We ended up on the move again! My mum stayed in Sydney but somewhere else (not close to my school anyway!) and Dad moved up the coast. I ended up taking the plunge and moving with Dad - AGAIN new school, new area, new friends etc. It was REALLY hard so I moved back with mum......

After all this and until I moved out of home and left school (about 5 years later), I had moved loads, went to plenty of different schools (my brother did more schools than me!!), but the BEST thing was - I made loads of friends and I'm still in contact with them all to this day (and now I'm in England!)......the best thing for you is that you'll have the internet! I wish I so had the internet back then. I had to hand-write letters to friends and sometimes they'd take about 6 months to reply!

Plus Kieran, there are so many outdoor activities. I think your mum said you're going to Brisbane or was it Perth......either way, you can join groups called Nippers. I did this from the age of 10 till about 14. Basically it's surf-life saving skills (essential for Aussies).......you play beach games but the scary bit for me was swimming out to buoys in the surf. I did enjoy boogie-boarding when I was younger but never stayed long doing surfing. I can ride a longboard to this day though (also called a malibu).

Gotta run but if you wanna let me know anything else or stuff that I can tell you, just let me know.

Cheers,

Sarah

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mel & Ed

Hello Kieran,

Im Evie and im nearly 9 and we are going out to Oz next year aswell.

I feel really excited :D and cant wait because it will be so nice to play outside more and enjoy more sports .What are you worried about?? Ill be a bit sad to leave my best friends but im looking forward to making new ozzie friends...

8) Speak soon

from Evie...

• 4 weeks later...

HI KIERAN

we're going out to perth around May next year if all goes well ,but its not me you want to talk to , its my children 2 girls aged 8 & 9 and my 11year

old son called Kieran . they are all excited about living near the sea , being able to ride their bikes all year round , making new freinds ,and having a lot more freedom out there than us parents can afford them

here in the UK .

Treat it like we are , a really long holiday and if we really don't like it

then the door is never shut to come back but i don't think you'll want come back

Kieran is in bed now but i'll get him to reply to you

tony

• 4 months later...

hi Kieran, my name is saskia and I have a brother called niran. I am nearly 8 and niran is 6. my mummy and daddy want to go to oz. they have booked a ticket to go in august this year.

i would like to tell you how i feel

i am excited but niran is scared he is scared of the spiders :( and missing his freinds but the good thing is that it is sunny out and you can go on the beach everyday. we have to sell everything as we can't take it with us which we are sad about. we have to leave our dog murphy which will be very sad.

but niran said you will see kangaroos which will be fun. the plane will be long and fun because we have been told that they ahve tv in the seats. we are giong to hong kong first and staying for 5 days daddy wants to see the great wall of china, i hope this is ok,

thankyou

saskia

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ian lewis
HI MY NAME IS KIEREN AND I AM NEARLY 12, MY PARENTS HAVE STARTED TALKING ABOUT GOING OVER TO OZ, AND I REALLY DON'T WANT TO, I,M SCARED AS I AM THE ONLY CHILD. IS THERE ANYONE WHO IS OUT THERE GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING. I WOULD LIKE TO CHAT.

hi my name is nicky i am 11 years old.I am moving to oz in two years. I now what you fell like. by the way this is my dads e-mail.i've got MSN and this is my e-mail nicky_hotty@hotmail.com>so we can talk more.I live in b'ham hall green area.i am going there on hoilday in 6 weeks or so for a hoilday. talk soon bye bye :D:D

Archived