Sign in to follow this  
Guest michellematthews2005

angry child

I have one son age 11 soon 12. but he is so against going to Oz. We have only just started to look into this seriously and have done the assessment form, but he always says he is annoyed at us for making such a big decision and moving so far away, does anyone have the problem, I feel I,m alone with this, and is there anyone who would leave him a message to entice him.

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

Guest BrerRabbit

:? Hi Michelle, just saw your message. Have you taken your son to Australia and shown him what it's all about? We took our kids last year and although one's too young to know any different, the other absolutely loved it and cried all the way home from Sydney! What more can I say?! We started the whole process earlier this year and hoping to get visa granted next month and fly over in Feb.

Zoe :)

hiya, My husband has been there, but me and my son haven't. I always follow my heart, and thats what I,m gonna do, but my son is so stubbern. Where in Oz are you going?

Guest BrerRabbit

8) Off to sunny Sydney. got a little bit of family there and a couple we met here in Carlisle who've gone home to Sydney (he's Aus and she's Scot) so got a bit of a network to lean on -maybe move on up into Queensland in time though - fancy a quieter life! :wink:

Guest Angie

Hi Michelle

I have 4 children 4, 9 (10 next week) 12, and 14. They are all excited about going, its me who's nervous but if your son would like to talk to either my boys feel free they are 9 (nearly 10) and 12.

Good luck

Angie

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By SinCityDex
        Hi guys,
        Long story short. I moved to South Oz from Cornwall in 1992 at age 11 with my parents. My parents moved back in 2005 for work. I stayed - had a girlfriend (became my wife)/was @ uni, then I started a career......I had a very traumatic experience @ work in 2014 which destroyed my mental health, career and marriage, all no fault of my own; i've been heavily depressed and anxious for the better part of 2 years. I had a little boy with my wife (currently separated) who is 3. I have 1 Bachelor of Psychology degree, a Masters in Social Work and a Masters in Marketing, so i've got a wide net for employment. Right now i'm self employed, making TV commercials, graphic design - all media stuff.
        I live alone now and can't see myself ever being happy again, BUT, when I think about my family (mum/dad/brother/niece/cousins/friends etc etc) and Cornwall I get a strong sense of connection/hope and love; something i've been lacking for a few years now. My choice, which feels like Sophie's choice is this:
        1. Stay in Oz for my son. I will have a relationship with my son but everything else will be pretty grim, especially when my wife moves onto the next guy, and i'm around to see my son living with him. 
        2. Move back to Cornwall and have a big family again, start afresh etc. Try and find a way of keeping my son in my life - Skype, holidays etc. 
        So the choice is either to remain in Oz completely unhappy with the exception of my son, or move home to Cornwall where I have a sense of identity, family, a sense of community and belonging - something Australia doesn't really have. 
        I guess i'm putting this down on virtual paper because I want to see what other's think of this - all opinions are fine. Please don't kick me while i'm down. If you knew the traumatic event that started everything you'd understand. I'm not one of those dads who wants to leave his son. I don't at all, but I also don't want to die alone in a country that isn't 'home', and continue being miserable. I've been trying to get better for 2 years now but the only light I can ever see at the end of the tunnel is Cornwall. 
        Anybody had a similar experience?
      • By Dean Linz 5
         Hi everyone, If anyone could offer me some advice it would be very much appreciated. We are hoping to move to Perth in the not too distant future, but due to being 5 points short for a permanent visa we would unfortunately need to apply for a 457 T/V with a view to applying for the 887 P/V after 2 yrs. We have a daughter who will be 18 when we apply who would apparently therefore need to be in full time education to be able to be included on our visa due to her age? We have looked into a full time college course that interests her but she has also been offered the same qualification but as an apprenticeship which she would get a small wage for; £350 p/m. She would still be living at home and obviously would be dependant on us still on such a low wage. Therefore my question is... although this apprenticeship wouldn't be classed as being in full time education, as most of her week would be hands on in placement, it is still a learner course so would this still make her eligible to be on our visa?
        Sorry to make it long winded but thought I need to properly explain my circumstances.
        Thank you in advance.