Visa Update QLD

Guest JoanneHattersley

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest clarke2604

:jiggy:Wahey been a stresful few weeks with our visa ( Employer sponsered ) but its finally come through, flights are booked, removals booked. and we will land in brisbane 16th of November!!!!! now i have to stress over schools and banks and god only knows what else I have forgotten. Good luck for everyone still waiting xx

• 4 weeks later...
Hi everyone, hope we are not too late to join the thread!

Stef, Katy and kids (3 of)

Visa Type: 175, csl.

How far into process: hoping to get case officer soon!

Job: Registered Nurse

Heading: Brisbane (not sure where - never been:wacko:)

Hi stef & Katy

Just seen your post and thought you might be interested in this thread as it is showing how long people are taking to get a CO and a visa. Look on the front page and you can see a list of everyone waiting. Post your details and Kelly will add you to the list.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/71250-priority-processing-groups-1-4-where-u-now-10.html#post608020

Thanks

Tasha

• 3 weeks later...
Guest joannamc

Names: Joanna, Michael & Liam

Visa Type: 175

How far into process: Visa grated today :jiggy:

Job: Registered Nurse

Where ya heading? Brisbane

It's so exciting! :chatterbox:

• 1 month later...
Names:Matt

Visa Type: 176 SS

How far into process: Just received application approval letter today from QLD, 30th December 2009

Job: Carpenter/Joiner

Where ya heading? Brisbane or Gold Coast but undecided at the moment. Would love somewhere near the water and great outdoor activities. So any suggestions would be welcome.

Congratulations Matt, I have updated the other QLD thread with your SS details.

Guest bindog1uk

Does anyone know how long it is taking at the moment to get Queensland S.S. We are now on week 26, how many more are before the date of 26th July. Cheers Lesley

Does anyone know how long it is taking at the moment to get Queensland S.S. We are now on week 26, how many more are before the date of 26th July. Cheers Lesley

Hi

QLD received my application on the 9th June 2009. I received additional information required in early December for proof of funds. I then received an approval letter on the 30th decemeber from Queensland State. So now I am waiting to hear back from DIAC.

MAtt

Guest bindog1uk

Hi Matt, thanks for that, our agent sent proof of funds weeks ago, so we think that thay have all they need. So going by your time scale we should be near now, but must allow for the Xmas break , can't stop checking e-mails at mo though, just hoping to get one step closer. Thanks Lesley

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jason7167

Hi all just got visa approved 13/01/10

175 skilled independant,

looking to settle north Brisbane, Burpengary a poss,

started visa properly March with tra so 10 months to visa, be in brisbane 15/02/10 for 2 week further Reccie / job and house search.

sam and jason

• 1 month later...
Guest Burns Clan

Lodged app online in Dec 09, meds completed today so should have 175 skilled visa in a few weeks, heading to Brisbane, OH Design Engineer

Update- app lodged Dec 09, meds completed 12th Mar 10, 175 visa granted April 2010, house still up for sale.........hope to be in Brisbane before Xmas!!

Guest jayesh

Hi i am jayesh

I am electrician. I have received skill assment and prectical test of vitasses on Nevember 2009. I want to apply for 175 but now i am confuse between 175 and 176 visa.

Can you tell me which visa is sutable for me and which fast process.

Whot about job opportunities in Quasland in our field.

Regards,

Jayesh

Hi Guys

Heres our info...

Names: Carl, Catherine, Lily and Alice.

Visa Type:175 but changing to 176 hopefully.

How far into process:Lodged in august 2008, Pccs loaded feb 09, Meds finalised march 09..Awaiting CO...

Job:Electrician.

Where ya heading? Brisbane.

Guest gingerdingo

names-Julie, Nick both 42 and Libby and Alice 13 &11

Visa Type- 176

How far into process- Going through skills assessment

Job- Nurse

Heading to - North Brisbane

Guest altafhk

Can anybody help me

Names: Altaf, Sheri and Rozi.

Visa Type:176

How far into process:Occupation assessed 25-Feb-2010, Thinking to ledge QLD SS

Job:Oracle Database Administrator

Where ya heading? Brisbane may be, not yet decided

Names: Nicky & David [he's the applicant]

Visa Type: 176 since the MODL disappeared.

How far in: Skills Assessed, on CSL. QLD State Sponsorship application next week

Job: Software Developer [.NET]

Heading to: Brisbane - fingers crossed!!

Guest altafhk
Names: Nicky & David [he's the applicant]

Visa Type: 176 since the MODL disappeared.

How far in: Skills Assessed, on CSL. QLD State Sponsorship application next week

Job: Software Developer [.NET]

Heading to: Brisbane - fingers crossed!!

I also look for 176 after revoking of MODL. I am confused deciding state. In my research about time constraint, QLD and WA are taking 3 to 6 months and other states take 1 to 2 months for SS.

Can anybody share knowledge about basis of selecting QLD. Why do I decide to migrate to QLD (Brisbane or Golden Coast or any place). I my case:

I don't have relatives or friends there.

Market of my occupation is good and I expect job opportunities there. But this is same condition for other states also.

I like beach. But Australia is full of beaches.

There are tens of questions of these types.

We want to go to QLD as we have many friends there. We have visited several times and really like the city.

But everyone is different. If you have no real ties then Australia is your oyster! You could go anywhere. In terms of the State Sponsorship our agent tells us that not only is QLD slow to process State Sponsorship, but also has some of the toughest rules. I think all states ask to see the assets you will bring, but QLD will not accept property or investments - only cash in the bank.

Good luck with making your decision

Guest altafhk

Your post is definitely helpful for making my decision. I have a large family. So, showing money in bank, when I start processing my SS to QLD, will be difficult.

Thanks once again.

Annette and John

Visa Type: 175 Sponsored Skilled permanent

How far into process:

Sent the application for state sponsorship with Queensland Government on 10th March 2010, vis courier. Additional information requested (statement of service from employer) 2 weeks later. Reply sent by e-mail that they are now "Finalising our application".

Job: Electrical Building Services Design Engineer (John, main applicant), Teacher (Annette)

Where ya heading? Brisbane area

I hope it all goes well, we would really like a crack at a new life with some sun!

Guest Burns Clan

Des & Clare + 3 kids( 175 skilled)

Online app lodged 09/12/09

Meds & Police checks requested end of Feb

Meds & Police checks sent 20/03/10

Visa granted 07/04/10

Heading to Brisbane - Mechanical Building Services Design Engineer

Guest Burns Clan

Hoping to head in next 3 to 5 months, looking at North Lakes, Redcliffe area etc

What about you when are you hoping to be out? Do you have a job to go too?

Archived