Visa Update QLD

Guest JoanneHattersley

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi

We want to move to the gold coast. Trade is Electrician. Passed Vetassess paper OCT 08, passed Vetassess practical APRIL 09, applied for State Sponser (176) 8 JUNE 09 awaiting case officer and acknowledgement from QLD. also a keen Scuba Diver. :-)

Hey crowded house,

Looks like we're in similar situations.

I sent off my QLD 176 about 3 weeks ago now and my agent also sent my DIAC application off a week after that, so now i am waiting, and waiting....

Where abouts in QLD are you headed?

Hi,

Here is out 'status'.......

Names: Kevin and Jackie + 2

Visa Type: 176 Family Sponsor

How far into process: App in April 2009

Job: SAP Project Manager

Where ya heading? Brisbane

The waiting is a killer!

I am heading to either Brisbane or the Gold Coast. Both are within 45 minutes drive of each other so that shouldnt be a problem.

The waiting is a killer I know.....Its only been 3 weeks or so now since I sent off my paperwork via my agent and already I am restless. For the past 15 months I have had something to do regarding my visa, whether it be completing forms, taking exams or gather paperwork. Now, I have nothing to do except wait!!

I take it you are heading to Brisbane?

Yes, we are heading for Brisbane. I have a brother who lives in Mackay Nrth Qld but we need to be in a 'city' for Kev's work. We like Qld so Brisbane seems a good option for us. Starting to look at schools/areas etc. now online but bit confusing to say the least!!! We are hoping to go out April/may next yr for a 'rekkie' in hopes that we may get visa within the year? Ever the optomist! Patience is good for your character they say, so we should have wonderful ones the end of process....

Hey crowded house,

Looks like we're in similar situations.

I sent off my QLD 176 about 3 weeks ago now and my agent also sent my DIAC application off a week after that, so now i am waiting, and waiting....

Where abouts in QLD are you headed?

Hi there Wolla BBB.

Heading to Gold Coast. (Robina) possibly anyway, could change if the misses dont like it. Right near surfers Paradise. Was hoping to commute into Brissy for work (Sparky) but really would like to work for my self (when things pick up) round the GC area. Need to finish the Vetassess route which is gonna take a year before i will get a full license.:mad:

What about you mate? Just you going out? Heard GCs great for Diving!! :goofy:

Guest Pipkins
Hi,

Here is out 'status'.......

Names: Kevin and Jackie + 2

Visa Type: 176 Family Sponsor

How far into process: App in April 2009

Job: SAP Project Manager

Where ya heading? Brisbane

The waiting is a killer!

Hi All

Just come across this post and agree that the waiting is a definite killer. We are so sad, we check our emails every day, first thing, only to find nothing!!!

Our status is

Names: Mark and Mandy + 3

Visa type: 176 State Sponsored

How far into process: Visa applied Jan 09, meds & police checks done April 09, all criteria 'Met' June 09!

Job: Plumber

Where you heading: Brisbane

Oh well, off to bed, ready to check again in the morning!!

Mandy

Hi All

Just come across this post and agree that the waiting is a definite killer. We are so sad, we check our emails every day, first thing, only to find nothing!!!

Our status is

Names: Mark and Mandy + 3

Visa type: 176 State Sponsored

How far into process: Visa applied Jan 09, meds & police checks done April 09, all criteria 'Met' June 09!

Job: Plumber

Where you heading: Brisbane

Oh well, off to bed, ready to check again in the morning!!

Mandy

Hi Mandy

Thought you might like to check out this thread, as its for people going to QLD on 176SS and it is a very active thread.

It will show you the times we have been waiting to get SS from QLD, those who are still waiting and those who have had theirs granted. Its been a rollarcoaster ride and their are many comments you may find interesting as you are in the same boat as us all!

Come on over and join us too...:cute:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/59724-qld-state-sponsor-update-where-you-now.html

Tasha:wubclub:

Guest JmKm

Good to hear from you. Keep us informed of your progress. Have you looked at schools yet in Brisbane? Have started but a bit daunting to say the least! We are hoping to do a 'rekkie' visit April/May next yr to get a feel for schools/renting etc.

Jackie

Guest Pipkins
Hi Mandy

Thought you might like to check out this thread, as its for people going to QLD on 176SS and it is a very active thread.

It will show you the times we have been waiting to get SS from QLD, those who are still waiting and those who have had theirs granted. Its been a rollarcoaster ride and their are many comments you may find interesting as you are in the same boat as us all!

Come on over and join us too...:cute:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/59724-qld-state-sponsor-update-where-you-now.html

Tasha

Hi Tasha

Will have a look at the other thread, but would you believe we finally got our visa this morning!! Did the usual check first thing and there it was, amazing! Now trying to book flights for a reccie in October!!

Mandy:jiggy:

Hi Tasha

Will have a look at the other thread, but would you believe we finally got our visa this morning!! Did the usual check first thing and there it was, amazing! Now trying to book flights for a reccie in October!!

Mandy:jiggy:

Hi Mandy

Wow thats fantastic news, congratulations!!! I bet you are over the moon.

I was under the impression you were still waiting for QLD to grant SS, but you are obviously further on than I thought! Good luck with the reccie!

Tasha :wubclub:

Guest Pipkins

Hi Tasha

Thanks for the congrats - sorry if I was unclear as to where we were, all gets a bit complicated sometimes!

Will watch your thread to see how things move on. We had applied for SS last October so we got in just ahead of all the changes - a complete fluke, at the time everyone else was going for 175 and we needed more points. Seems to be taking a long time now - really frustrating.

Thanks again

Mandy

Guest dave&jancook

Hi there!!!

Names:Dave & Jan

Visa Type:176

How far into process:Vetesses Passed,Visa lodged 15thMay 09 Waiting on meds

Job:Joiner

Where ya heading? Gold Coast

Good Idea!

Guest dave&jancook

:jiggy:

I originally started this in migration issues but thought that i`d put the same one in each state so that you can all see whose heading where and get advice from people heading to the same state as you!

SO:

Names:

Visa Type:

How far into process:

Job:

Where ya heading?

Hi there!!!

Names:Dave & Jan

Visa Type:176

How far into process:Vetesses Passed,Visa lodged 15thMay 09 Waiting on meds

Job:Joiner

Where ya heading? Gold Coast

Good Idea!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest THE RICKARD'S
I originally started this in migration issues but thought that i`d put the same one in each state so that you can all see whose heading where and get advice from people heading to the same state as you!

SO:

Names:Glen,Nicola + 4

Visa Type:176 ss

How far into process:vetassess passed-Feb.waiting for QLD Gov reply-April 2nd 2009:arghh:

Job:General Elecrician

Where ya heading?Goald coast area:jiggy:

Hi there Wolla BBB.

Heading to Gold Coast. (Robina) possibly anyway, could change if the misses dont like it. Right near surfers Paradise. Was hoping to commute into Brissy for work (Sparky) but really would like to work for my self (when things pick up) round the GC area. Need to finish the Vetassess route which is gonna take a year before i will get a full license.:mad:

What about you mate? Just you going out? Heard GCs great for Diving!! :goofy:

Yeah its just me heading out.

I am just waiting to hear back from Queensland state, suppose be sometime in mid october before i hear anything back. I am undecided where abouts to stay in Queensland, either brisbane or the gold coast, or perhaps do something similar like yourself, commute to Brisbane and live in the gold coast. Yeah I have heard that the gold coast is great for diving, looking forward to getting out there (fingers crossed) and soaking in the warmer water and weather.

I have done the Vetassess's Carpenter & joiner. You might want to book that as soon as possible since they have selected dates of when the course is available. Basically, I booked my vetassess but still had to wait a few months before the actual test date. So I was sitting around nervously for a few months until the exam.

If all things go well I wont be heading out until mid next year anyway. I have a lot of things to sort out before heading over.

Keep in touch matey

Guest linda k

SO:

Names: linda

Visa Type: 176

How far into process: just applying

Job:nurse

Where ya heading?

h

avent a clue looking for large teaching hospital and schools universities near by

h

avent a clue looking for large teaching hospital and schools universities near by

Hi Linda K,

Names: Matt

Visa Type: 176

How far into process: QLD Immigration received application on 9th June

Job:Carpenter/Joiner

Where ya heading? Brisbane Or Gold Coast (still trying to figure that one out)

You say you have just started, have you managed to the paperwork together for applying?

Guest linda k

hi matt, i really havent a clue how to work this thread thing. about auss, i havent applied as yet, i need to wait till october before i lodge my application due to my work situation, however i have started gathering all my legal documents and transcripts i need to submit to the australian nursing midwifery council. I have also applied to sit my IELTS which is in October. i cannot wait to get it started as i feel it is taking over my life already :-). I think the process is like a mine filed.

how far are you with your application?

hi matt, i really havent a clue how to work this thread thing. about auss, i havent applied as yet, i need to wait till october before i lodge my application due to my work situation, however i have started gathering all my legal documents and transcripts i need to submit to the australian nursing midwifery council. I have also applied to sit my IELTS which is in October. i cannot wait to get it started as i feel it is taking over my life already :-). I think the process is like a mine filed.

how far are you with your application?

Hi Linda

To get where I am now has taken me 15 months but I have been a bit laid back about it all. You could easily half that amount of time if you get prepared and have everything ready, plus book all the exams ealry, then you will have no problem reducing that time drastically.

Are you using an agent?

Where abouts in the UK do you live?

Also, if you have a job offer waiting for you in Oz then this also would speed up your application.

I am waiting now....I was busy busy busy with lots of things to do with my application but now that everything is done, I am finding myself a little restless. :arghh: But I am starting to think less about it all so I can finally stop thinking about it.

Guest linda k

Hi , thats great it is all over for you now. 15 month is not long really. i am not using an agent just ploughing through it ourself, which is the scary thing haaaa. i live in glasgow, i was actually in southport a couple of weeks ago at my brothers. couldnt believe the weather down there compare to glasgow, made me want to go to Auss even more :-). Have you been to Auss before? what made you choose queensland? i havent a clue where to move to if get granted a visa, i keep looking on the net but that just confuses me even more. do you think you need to visit Auss before you decide that?.

Guest linda k

hi lynn, i am just new to this web sight, so still not really sure what i am doing. I was reading your thread, your application seemed to go through really quickly. that is fantastic. How did you find registering everything with the QNMC? i am just starting gathering all my info for visa application but not sure when best to register, before or after i complete my IELTS or not, i sit that in october hopefully but i am only 1 year qualified in september.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest r17ych

SO:

Names:Paul (43) Rachel (39) and Britt (14/15)

Visa Type:457

How far into process:Visa submitted 25.08.09, VISA GRANTED 03.09.09 YIPPEE!!!!

Job:Marketing Manager

Where ya heading?

Not sure yet, like the look of Cleveland, Wellington Point and Thornlands. Brisbane, Queensland

Its only been two days and I can't stand the suspense!!!!:arghh:

Guest bindog1uk

Hi Joanne, thought we would join your list if you don;t mind. Appionted agent Jan 09, passed TRA July, Queensland S.S. logged July 7th. DIAC logged 13th August. We now don;t expect to hear anything now until around Christmas. By the way Paul's job is a fiberous plasterer. Many thanks Lesley:smile:

Archived