Sign in to follow this  
Guest rob and angela

hgv drivers

Guest rob and angela

hi all any info concerning hgv drivers gaining entry to au on any visa,let down in sept when au gov didnt reconize truckers as a skill shortage,angela is a clothes overlocker could we get in on her profession any help with these issues would be grateful,thanks rob and angela,,,,

Guest jaybeaven

Hi Rob and Ang,

I don't claim to be an expert, but me and my other half have had the same problem. He's a HGV driver and as it's not on the skills occupation list (there was talk of adding it a few months ago but I don't think anything has happened) you effectively you get 0 points. I'm a statistician, so I'm going to be the primary applicant, but because Craig gets zero points, we only have enough for a regional visa. I'm not sure what a clothes overlocker is?! but it's worth checking the SOL to see if it's on there or if there's an occupation that sounds similar.. Otherwise I think your only options would be to try and get sponsorship (this can be really difficult from what I understand), go over on a studying visa and study for an occupation on the SOL (you get to work PT while you do it, FT in holidays) or set up your own business.. Hopefully you'll find a way, your best bet is to ring up an immigration agent, they normally give free telephone advice for 20 minutes or so and they might be able to help, or try and find one that offeres a free consultation, there are some out there.. Hope this helps, Jay

Guest rob and angela

thanks jay yeh the skilled list came out in sept truckers still not reconized for some reason,can you tell me wot the sol is jay really keen to get there etc overlocker is an clothes machinist cheers rob and angela

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi All

Have any of you tried asking Phil Olsen? If not, please see here:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17360

If you are willing to consider WA, Phil has contacts within the biggest trucking company in WA, and you may not be too late....

Cheers

Gill