qualifications and agents

Guest adelaidebound

Guest adelaidebound

:cry: :arghh: hya to everyone we have so many questions to ask but at mo we will leave it to just 2, firstly ,is it best going with an agent or just doing it ourselves? secondly , we are going on my wifes job , shes a head chef and been chefing for 20yrs but only has a nvq level 1 and a c&g in cake decorating , how would the qualifications stand on our application ?

thanks

phil and christina , bury uk

Guest kimdownie

Hi Phil and Christina,

If you familiarise yourself with the application forms and the processes, you should be able to do it all yourself. There is loads of info on the australian Immigration website, if you print and read all the supplementary booklets they will break down everything you require for your application. In addition to this you can do a search on this forum and ask as many questions as you like. If you are still stuck you can ring the australian embassy in london and ask for advice there.(this will cost £1 a minute so make sure you know what you are asking before you ring) although the calls are expensive it is no where as expensive as paying an agent.

hope this helps, Kim

Guest mozandcheeky

To be honest i would definately use an agent. It is expensive but our TRA was quite complicated due to my old man being self employed between long periods of travelling the world....i spent hours going over 8 different stat. decs. with our agent before submitting it. I don't know how necessary their help has been but we got a posetive TRA just a few weeks after we applied for it and they have been at our beck and call. Good Luck

Guest kimdownie

Hi

It is the Trades recognition Authority, depending on the trade you are there are different assessing authorities who will assess your skills. You need your skills assessed in order to apply for your visa

hope this helps, Kim

Re using an agent or not: much depends on whether you are willing and able to do the research yourself (albeit with the help of forums such as this), or whether you want to be guided through the process from start to finish.

Although some might accuse me of being biased, I think that using a good agent takes the stress and angst away from much of the application process. I recognise there is a fee to be paid, but in the overall scheme of the cost of migration and a life changing exercise it is a relatively small price to pay for the comfort of knowing you are giving yourself the best chance of the outcome you want.

Whatever you decide to do - good luck!

:cry: :arghh: hya to everyone we have so many questions to ask but at mo we will leave it to just 2, firstly ,is it best going with an agent or just doing it ourselves? secondly , we are going on my wifes job , shes a head chef and been chefing for 20yrs but only has a nvq level 1 and a c&g in cake decorating , how would the qualifications stand on our application ?

thanks

phil and christina , bury uk

Archived