Guest smc01

Defacto Visa Granted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest smc01

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know our visa has been granted!!!! :yes:

Still hasn't sunk in yet - just returned from a weekend in Rome, checked the email and there it was!!!

It took a while, we thought we front loaded everything and had thought of everything needed but had to send in some more info, then we had a change of case officer which delayed it even more, then our new c/o was off ill and then away over the Christmas break so we had been wondering if it was ever going to happen but it finally did!!!

Yay so excited!!!

:jiggy:

Guest whysailing

Congrats!

What kind of more information did they ask for? (if it's ok to tell us?)

Guest WARDStoOZ

Huge congrats!!!

Dan xx :-)

Guest smc01

Thanks guys!!

They asked for form 80 which we didn't think we'd need, as well as more proof of finances as we didn't have shared bank accounts so were pretty light on that side of things - we ended up printing off pretty much every bank statement for both of us for the past year and highlighting where we had bought the weekly food shop, dinner / drinks out, transferred money to one another etc....then both had phone interviews which was scary, mine especially as I was called whilst waiting for a bus and had no idea they were going to!! At least with my partner they emailed and set up a time so he knew it was coming, but to be called out of the blue and suddenly asked things such as 'how do you define yourself as a defacto couple and not just boyfriend / girlfriend who are living together' etc was pretty nerve racking!!

Must have done ok though, just bought a bottle of champgane to celebrate tonight and we're going to Paris next weekend so a lot to look forward to!!

Guest Donna & John

Defacto visa?? Whats a defacto visa??? Help lol

Guest Angie*mark

WOOHOO very very BIG CONGRATS to you xx

Guest smc01
Defacto visa?? Whats a defacto visa??? Help lol

Defacto visa is the subclass 309 one - I'm Australian and 'sponsoring' my partner (who's from Surrey).

Basically it alllows him a temporary visa for the next 2 years then after that they reassess us and if still satisfied then he is granted a permanent visa! :laugh:

Guest Donna & John

Thank you, was having a panic there!! Do you know if I will have to have a visa of my own? my other half (not married) is hoping to get a 175 visa - will I be included on that even though were not married???

Guest WARDStoOZ
Thank you, was having a panic there!! Do you know if I will have to have a visa of my own? my other half (not married) is hoping to get a 175 visa - will I be included on that even though were not married???

Hi! In answer to your question I think if you can prove that you have lived together/had a relationship for a good amount of time... then you can be included though I'm not too sure about this... a migration agent would advise you exactly,

Dan xx

Guest perkynanana

congrats on gettin the visa...

im lookin at applyin as well for me and my partner and was told i should not even try and do the paperwork myself, get an agent to do it all for you! whats your thoughts on agents? did you use one? or did you do it all yourself, and if so was it easy enough?

Congratulations and good luck in your new life together

Lyn (50) Barry (39) Ross (9) IT WAG !!!

OFFERED 457 ON 18/02/2010 started 457 1/3/2010, CO ON 04/03/10, 457 awarded 16/3/10,arrived 23/4/10

Congratulations on your visa, all the best with your new lives

Tania X

Is looking forward to the future and all what it holds:biggrin:

Guest smc01
Congrats!! Finally eh?

Yeah at last! Now there's the stress of making sure we have enough savings to fulfil our plan of staying in Thailand for a couple of months before we get there! (Partner's dad lives in Phuket)

How is your app going? Have u heard anything else? :wubclub:

Guest j00ls

Not a peep! It's not really a surprise anymore. Hopefully soon....

Good luck with everything! Thailand is lovely!!

Guest SGKG102

im lookin at applyin as well for me and my partner and was told i should not even try and do the paperwork myself, get an agent to do it all for you! whats your thoughts on agents? did you use one? or did you do it all yourself, and if so was it easy enough?

Hiya perkynanana,

You do not need an agent for a Spouse/Defacto Visa. The forms are really easy to fill in and if you do have any problems you can always post a thread to ask for help. As long as you make sure you fill in all forms and send the necessary documentation you should not have a problem. Make sure that you complete the Form 80 even though nothing is mentioned about it. All the forms you require are on the Australian High Commission web site and I just printed them all of, completed them and submitted them. 16 days later, after submitting the Form 80, my visa was granted. There is also a booklet that you can print off which will give you guidance on how to complete the forms.

I hope this helps and good luck with your form filling.

Kind Regards

Karen :wacko:

Guest SGKG102

Hi smc01

Congratulations.jpg

Karen x

Hi and welcome to the forum, many people do the visas on their own and seem to sail through, i suppose it depends if it is straight forward or not

Best of luck

Tania X:spinny:

Is looking forward to the future and all what it holds:biggrin: