Guest steve110

Down to earth with a bump....

Guest steve110

Tonight i rec"d a phone call from an agent at Visabureau.com,to discuss us moving to Perth.

The not so good news is that as i do not have a degree,a move to perth is not going to happen,however i would be able to go to south australia....... bit of a blow here really.

Myself, i am open to going anywhere,but wifey doesn"t want to go unless its round Perth,understandable i suppose,if you are going half way roung the world,you have to be happy with where you are going.

So here is my first (of probably alot) question.

So heres a question,if i did an open university degree,would that count?

oh and my trade would be for a General Engineering Tradesperson.

Hi

What do you mean by General engineering trades person.???

I am a Maintenance Fitter and this is ok for 136 skilled visa which means you can go anywhere in Oz you want.My highest qualification is B-tec HNC in Engineering.

I am just on with getting my references for the TRA.When all these are in and some Stat Decs done and passed we can get on with the visa part.

Hope this helps

Neil.....................

Domestic Goddess For Hire

your home cleaned with pride

Guest steve110

General Engineering tradesperson.

Thats the closest job description we can get to my job.

The highest qualification i got is a Btech in motor vehicle engineering.(but thats not enough is this case)

I work for a tool hire company

i service everything from a cordless drills thru to powered access gear,thru to breathing apparatus ( fireman type gear)

am trained in confined space work,can use and operate various items of access machinery.

Have you paid agent anything ???

If not try another agent and word yourself as a General engineering fitter.I know you need a degree to get in as an engineer but not as a fitter.from what you say your job is it sound like a fitters job so dont give up a good agent will help you if at all possible.

ps im using Ian harrop.:biggrin:

Domestic Goddess For Hire

your home cleaned with pride

Guest steve110

general eng trades person,was the only description he had .....

got a link for ian harrop ?

Guest kimdownie

Hi Steve, have you checked the immigration booklet 1121i for any other trades that are similar to yours? My OH is a refrigeration and Air conditioning Engineer by trade but they class him as a MECHANIC.

Hope this helps, Kim

Guest steve110

errrrr,no.

stupid question,is it downloadable?

i"ve got a thick pile of notes etc from an agent,haven"t seen mention of that booklet.

all i"ve ever seen are the modl type lists .....

Hi,

Good luck with the application, I had a friend who rally wanted to go to perth, but because she'd been on maternity leave hadn't worked the necessary hours to get a 136 visa, she was offerred sponsorship in Coffs Harbour and loves it, she only has to stay 2 years (but has already settled and bought a property), after that time she could move wherever she wants to.

Ali

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Guest kimdownie

Hi Steve, Everything you need for your visa application is downloadable and printable off the immigration website. We are doing it all ourselves, and our visa application is all ready to go we are just waiting for our skills assessment.

happy reading!!!

Kim

Guest steve110

cheers for all the info chaps ..(and chapesses!)

Guest steve110

Fired off some emails today,also looking at the TRA site,i"m thinking of taking the pathway "D".

see what info i get back.

What gets me is how different agents give different answers to the same question .......

confused yep .......:wacko: <------ (i like that one,sad i know ...)

Tonight i rec"d a phone call from an agent at Visabureau.com,to discuss us moving to Perth.

The not so good news is that as i do not have a degree,a move to perth is not going to happen,however i would be able to go to south australia....... bit of a blow here really.

Myself, i am open to going anywhere,but wifey doesn"t want to go unless its round Perth,understandable i suppose,if you are going half way roung the world,you have to be happy with where you are going.

If you are planning on putting yourself through a degree course which takes 4 years, why not just move to South Australia for 2 years, get your citizenship, then move to Perth? Just a thought! PS... there are rumours that they are changing it so that you can only get citizenship after 5 years, but I think the state visas only restrict you for 2 year.

Hope this helps.

PPS... If you look at the links down the left... 1 of them has climate information... According to this Adelaide reaches the highest temps in the summer (if your wife is looking for sunshine).

Steve,

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

Your points position is likely to require you to be aged under 30 to secure you the 120 points necessary to obtain a Skilled Independent visa (subclass number 136).

If you are aged 30 or over you will therefore need to consider the Skilled Independent Regional (Provisional) visa, subclass number 495 - also known as the SIR visa. You can live in regional WA on that visa, anywhere in SA (hence the reference to Adelaide), Sunshine Coast and northwards in QLD, etc.

Another option, depending on what occupation is shown on the skills assessment classification from Trades Recognition Australia, is to seek a State Nomination from the WA Government, and to then apply for a permanent Skilled - State Nominated Independent visa (subclass number 137).

The list of WA's Wanted Occupations is here:

http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/Media/Documents/06567-SMU_Tables-F.pdf

Even if your occupation is not shown on this list my dealings with the WA Government indicate they are prepared to nominate individuals where the occupation is similar to that which appears on their list.

So all may not be lost!

Best regards.

Managing Director, Go Matilda Visas - www.gomatilda.com

Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534; Registered Tax Agent (Australia)

Chartered Accountant (UK, and Australia)

T - 023 81 66 11 55 (UK) or 03 9935 2929 (Australia)

E - alan.collett@gomatilda.com and acollett@bdhtax.com

The move to SA would probably be via the SIR visa (see my posting above), which is a provisional visa requiring a subsequent application for permanent residency. The permanent residency application would usually be via a State Nomination.

State Nominations require the Nominated persons to reside in that State for at least 2 more years => a move to Perth within the timeframe suggested isn't likely if a SIR visa pathway is adopted.

Best regards.

If you are planning on putting yourself through a degree course which takes 4 years, why not just move to South Australia for 2 years, get your citizenship, then move to Perth? Just a thought! PS... there are rumours that they are changing it so that you can only get citizenship after 5 years, but I think the state visas only restrict you for 2 year.

Hope this helps.

PPS... If you look at the links down the left... 1 of them has climate information... According to this Adelaide reaches the highest temps in the summer (if your wife is looking for sunshine).

Guest SAINTHURLOCK

visabureau loused up my application a few years back by getting the trade i got on leaving school mixed up with the occupation i was applying for with the TRA,ended up spending £500 in all and had nothing to show for it,I also lost my passport and trade certificates when they came back via DHL,not visabureaus fault but was a catalogue of errors. They also offered me SA as an option as long as i could fork up $50000 for a gov saving scheme.

Would heed the advice of another agent before splashing out,just to be safe.

Guest steve110

Thanks for those replies.

Got an call on my mobile at work today,it was Visabureau,they apologised for the dealy in contacting me,as they are very busy...........???????

I told them they had rang me already this week,and told them what had been discussed.

They said thier system sometimes doubles up on rec"d e mails,so thats why they were probably ringing again .........

Anyhows back to the plot,they redid my trade as a fitter,and that came thru ok,no need for a degree,and they have passed my details to one of thier agents to process.

I have now got a free initial consultation booked for wednesday next week.

Guest steve110
Steve,

Your points position is likely to require you to be aged under 30 to secure you the 120 points necessary to obtain a Skilled Independent visa (subclass number 136).

If you are aged 30 or over you will therefore need to consider the Skilled Independent Regional (Provisional) visa, subclass number 495 - also known as the SIR visa. You can live in regional WA on that visa, anywhere in SA (hence the reference to Adelaide), Sunshine Coast and northwards in QLD, etc.

Another option, depending on what occupation is shown on the skills assessment classification from Trades Recognition Australia, is to seek a State Nomination from the WA Government, and to then apply for a permanent Skilled - State Nominated Independent visa (subclass number 137).

Even if your occupation is not shown on this list my dealings with the WA Government indicate they are prepared to nominate individuals where the occupation is similar to that which appears on their list.

So all may not be lost!

Best regards.

I was 36 last month.

My occupation is not really defined,the fitter type trade is the closest we can get.

Guest pippycol
Steve,

So all may not be lost!

Best regards.

dont think your right with having to be under 30 for the 136 visa i applied when i was just a about 6 months under 45 and i was granted my 136 visa this jan using the visa bureau as a fitter for my trade

That's because you have got a MODL occupation and can therefore secure an additional 15 points; the original post advised the occupation was not on the MODL.

Best regards.

dont think your right with having to be under 30 for the 136 visa i applied when i was just a about 6 months under 45 and i was granted my 136 visa this jan using the visa bureau as a fitter for my trade

That's good if you can secure a TRA classification as a Fitter, because this will secure you MODL points, and most probably the points pass mark for a subclass number 136 visa.

Best regards.

I was 36 last month.

My occupation is not really defined,the fitter type trade is the closest we can get.

So who was it that called you and gave you questionable advice ...?

Best regards.

Thanks for those replies.

Got an call on my mobile at work today,it was Visabureau,they apologised for the dealy in contacting me,as they are very busy...........???????

I told them they had rang me already this week,and told them what had been discussed.

They said thier system sometimes doubles up on rec"d e mails,so thats why they were probably ringing again .........

Anyhows back to the plot,they redid my trade as a fitter,and that came thru ok,no need for a degree,and they have passed my details to one of thier agents to process.

I have now got a free initial consultation booked for wednesday next week.

Guest steve110

If you mean who,as in the person,It was a Jason who rang me both times.

Guest Gollywobbler

Of Visabureau, allegedly, I gather...

Cheers

Gill