You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest kirstig123

CDR - Civil Engineers, how do you do one???

Guest kirstig123

Hi All,

Please let me know if anyone can help!! I feel like we are jumping through hoops before we have even begun!

Finally made the decision after much deliberation to go for it and start the process to emigrate to Oz and we have just sent off my OH skills assement for engineers australia. OH is a civil/structural engineer with a civil engineering degree. He enjoyed himself too much at uni and received a pass, which is not an Hons degree and therefore not acknowledged by the washington accord. He has to do a CDR in order to proove his competences, which should not be too hard as he has worked as an engineer until 5 years ago (since become a property developer, but crunch has prevented us from continuing!)and became chartered in 1999......but he has no idea where to start??? The manual is very ambiguous. :confused:

Our agent has been really helpful, however he has had limited involvement with this in the past, so any help is gratefully received.

OH turns 40 too in June, so can anyone also confirm if the pressure is on or not?? I have read different things in different places. Is immigration open up to 45 or is it 40?

We are hopefully applying for skilled migration visa with a view to going wherever we find jobs, but Melbourne is preferred.