disability support worker

Guest caza75

can anyone tell me is there a need for support workers to adults with learning disabilities/ challenging behavior and how much could you expect to earn per hour?

i have searched the site but not found what i have been looking for plus we are goin to gold coast in 2weeks for a recci an it would be good if i knew where to go lookin for this type of work .. here at home i work for the trust which is quite well paid plus you get good enhancements in your pay , the trust is the other name for the nhs ( i think)

i would be grateful to anyone who could help me here an also thanks to gollywobbler for all help :yes:

cheers caza

Cant speak for the Gold Coast but around here, disability support workers tend to be employed by NGOs (Non Govt Organizations) which are often but not exclusively charities. Pay is very low - I think you would be lucky to be looking at $40 - $45K although if you are employed by a charity there is a possibility of quite generous salary sacrificing.

• 3 years later...
Guest Greatatuin

Hi caza75!

Just wondered if you'd had any luck with the above mentioned job. I've just got here and was doing the same as you back in the UK and just can't find anything similar here! Looks like I'm gonna have to spend a couple grand on getting relevant certIV and re-training.

Hope you found what you were looking for!! :smile:

Guest lisa crowe

Your probably looking at about $20 give or take an hour....I'm only guessing as that seems to be the going rate for the caring profession. I'm in age care, across the board, and it seems to be $17 up to $24 per hour

Archived