ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest CarolJ78

Social Work in Sydney

Guest CarolJ78

Hi

I have decided I want to move to Sydney ideally. I'm a qualified Social Worker with 4 years experience, and know that my qualification will transfer over ok. I don't want to move to Oz permanently, just for a couple of years. Can anyone give me advice on the best visa to apply for or anyone who has done/in the process of doing something similar? Would really appreciate it. Thanks! :)

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By EBall123
        Hey Everyone,
        I applied for my second year visa on the 19th of Dec and haven't heard anything. My boyfriend and I worked on the same farms for the same time and he got his visa approval back straight away. The only question we answered differently was that I had been outside of the UK for more than 6months. Is it because I out this that it is taking longer?
        We wanted to fly back out on the 23rd of Jan bit worried it will take ages as some people have said they are still waiting 2/3months later? My mum is flying out in the 4th of Feb so I hope I get it!
        Please help with any other similar stories or why you think it is taking so long? I am really stressing!
      • By Siobhan_x
        Hey.. so I'm 27 year old female have 4 years in recruitment - engineering and trades, which I don't really want to do, and have 8 years in administration. I have never been to the sunny coast and heard it's not so good for white collar roles 😔 I am going to do more research and try asking more agencies but I generally get the same answer back "you need to be here" or ignored. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Ps .. I have no idea where I will be living yet! I'm not moving until May 2018 but I generally will go where the work is 
      • By AnotherUser
        Hi community  Thank you for accepting me to this forum, amazing topics over here.
        I have been offered a job in Sydney with 100.000$ (QA Engineer 7 years experience) as a yearly gross salary.
        Is it enough for a good living, taking in consideration :
        - Married and wife is not working.
        - Have to travel to Spain twice a year for family and parents visit.
        - Be able to save some money and do some activities over the weekend.
        I've seen the renting prices are high, what do you think ?
        Thank you for the help 
      • By Iain1
        Hi 

Im from the UK  looking if anyone planning  to go australia on working holiday visa by late 2018 or early 2019. 

I am in two mind to go traveling solo plan it all myself or be with travel buddy, or go with them travel group for first couple of weeks, i am hoping  start regional work first so i could be eligible for 2nd WHV and give me more time to  travel spend time there. 
        Have couple of question too.
        1. where would be best season to go to find regional work, as i seen on many forums  from nov to jan busy period, where everyone looking for work also most expensive time for getting flights which i am trying not to go for.

2. Where would you recommend i should start off first, i was thinking to do western australia to do work.

3. Banking as i will be transferring money before go out there.  as well back and forwards to uk  while in australia which bank would anyone recommend so i not paying fortune on transaction fee on exchange rate. i have seen HSBC which i could open in Australia not pay any fees while transferring money back and forwards to uk will need to double check this.

Any tip or recommendation will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
      • By Peata Whyted

Hi everyone, first time posting in Poms in Oz, I was a frequent poster in Poms in Perth when we moved over 4 years ago, and got a great deal of advice on there.
        Sorry to post yet another suburb related post, I will try and keep it as straight to the point as possible.
        We moved to Perth 4 years ago, we have loved it here, but a work opportunity has developed in Sydney so we will be relocating there in January (we have 2 boys 11 & 6).
        I will be based in North Ryde, and would like to keep the commute manageable if possible. Happy to use public transport if need be (North Ryde Station is 10 mims walk from the office).
        We currently live in the Piara Waters / Harrisdale area of Perth if anyone knows it, which are pretty new suburbs, in fact we are the first to live in the house we rent.
        We really like the modern feel of the suburb, and would like something similar in Sydney. Not sure how possible this is (are there many ‘new areas’ being developed?).
        The main things we are looking for is a decent area, with a nice community feel, good schools within a commutable distance of work. All of this for circa $700pw
        I am there in 2 weeks and will be checking out suburbs. Have been told to look at The Hills district (Kellyville, Cherrybrook, Rouse Hill) and the Central Coast area (will see what the drive is like).
        Would really appreciate some guidance from you all, tell me where to check out, and where to avoid
        Pete & Jo.