Drivers Licence QLD

Guest wikiskippy

Guest wikiskippy

I have just recieved an e-mail from QLD transport confirming the straight swap(there is a fee, see below) of UK car and motorbike licence as long as not disqualified and as long as it hasn't expired longer than 5yrs ago.

No other vehicle licence is transferred.

Also in QLD you pay for your licence annually or in blocks of yrs unlike here where it a one off payment.

A fee of $27.65(1 year), $38.50 (2 year), $49.35 (3 year), $60.20 (4

year) and $71.05 (5 year). You can purchase a drivers licence for any

period from 1 to 5 years

Anyone looking at using Heavy Goods licence will have to sit prac and theory (10 questions) again. FYI- Crash gearboxes over there.

BUT the good bit.....any convictions incl DR10 (drink driving) will not be on your new FRESH driving licence. Clean slate so to speak.

Hope this helps someone.

Guest SkippyRoo

Thanks for this info Wikiskippy. That was one of the questions I was going to post up. Does anyone know anything about Restricted Motorcycle licences (the UK A2). I did my A2 bike licence back in August last year here in the UK (mainly due to my small stature and not being able to find many 500cc bikes that I could actually touch the floor on both sides on). The restriction (to max output of 33bhp) comes off in August 2010 - now depending on how long our process takes - does anyone know where I stand with this type of licence in Queensland?

kj

Guest Cane Family
I have just recieved an e-mail from QLD transport confirming the straight swap(there is a fee, see below) of UK car and motorbike licence as long as not disqualified and as long as it hasn't expired longer than 5yrs ago.

No other vehicle licence is transferred.

Also in QLD you pay for your licence annually or in blocks of yrs unlike here where it a one off payment.

A fee of $27.65(1 year), $38.50 (2 year), $49.35 (3 year), $60.20 (4

year) and $71.05 (5 year). You can purchase a drivers licence for any

period from 1 to 5 years

Anyone looking at using Heavy Goods licence will have to sit prac and theory (10 questions) again. FYI- Crash gearboxes over there.

BUT the good bit.....any convictions incl DR10 (drink driving) will not be on your new FRESH driving licence. Clean slate so to speak.

Hope this helps someone.

Nice one thanks for that

Guest neilalys

hi, thanx for the info, can anyone tell me a qld licence does it cover vans , and minibusses, as a uk licence covers up to 71/2 t truck whats a car licence in qld cover , i have hgv 2 but may not renew if i could drive up to 71/2 t any help

Archived