and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest Guest9973

Bye,bye Mr & Mrs Armchairdetective

Guest Guest9973

Well what a weekend we've had!

On their Australian and NZ tour,Mrs & Mrs Armchairdetective (I'll shorten to TADC now)flew over here to Adelaide to see us for a few days.

Our friendship started 10 years ago when we bumped into each other on an old Usenet forum.After that we were always bumping into each other on forums.

Knowing they wanted to meet up and have a peek at Adelaide we threw open the doors of Tyke Towers - we've never met but knew they would be lovely people.

Well we were not wrong.

We've had a ball,not stop yakking,going out and drinking.

We all went out on the boat on Saturday,very busy at the launch ramp and perfect,calm conditions.Mrs TADC was the only one of us to catch a fish - a one eyed Pufferfish,sure it just committed suicide but don't tell here that:biglaugh:

On our return the dolphins decided to show up,so lucky to see then - camera clicking away like mad.

Boy was it busy when we returned to get our boat out at the ramp.Must admit I lost my temper with two women who pushed in front of the 18 boats waiting politely - my first case of "Ramp rage" - they deserved it though!

Had a great get together on Sat night here at home, just a small bunch of us so Mr & Mrs TADC could meet everyone ( sorry to everyone else we all know).Ended up the wrong end of a lot of port and staggered to bed at around 2.am.

Sunday saw us having a drive around the center of Adelaide and then in the afternoon a drive along the beaches of South Adelaide.A couple of calls to do a spot of wine tasting too!

Sun night was lovely- we went down to the Victory Hotel for a great meal (highly recommend it) and watched the sun go down.

Well,they are off on an adventure on the Great Ocean Road now,just seen them off this morning.

Wish we'd have had more time together but they are covering a lot of miles here.

Once again,a pleasure to meet Mr & Mrs TADC,we thoroughly enjoyed their company.

I know they are quite taken by South Australia know.

Who knows - they might be back.................................

Sounds like you had a ball, what a great welcome to Oz!!! I am sure they will enjoy the GOR.

Kate

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Guest Tim

Sounds like they had a ball Russel - Ooh and Tony didn't catch a fish.. not too sure you should have mentioned that bit though, now what was he saying before he left the Uk? Hmmmmmm!

T

Lol, Mr fisherman didnt catch a fish ! lol, i dont think we should let him forget that one ! Go Mrs ACD !!

Glad you all had a great time and it sounds like you made them feel very at home.

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

Sounds like you all had a great time .... maybe we should bury this post and see if Tony tells us about the big one that got away? lol

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Guest Guest9973

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

He will get some stick I'm sure.

In his defence................ The tide was on a low with a weird current running the sea bead so fish were not hanging about in the spot I normally get King George Whiting.

I'd not made up any of my special /stinky berley.

Every boat and it's son was out there.

Mr TADC was busy taking a LOT of photos as well!

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

He will get some stick I'm sure.

In his defence................ The tide was on a low with a weird current running the sea bead so fish were not hanging about in the spot I normally get King George Whiting.

I'd not made up any of my special /stinky berley.

Every boat and it's son was out there.

Mr TADC was busy taking a LOT of photos as well!

Didnt stop Mrs Acd Catching one though did it? lol low tide or not,lol.

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...