Need some advice regarding an unpaid bill

PommyPaul

I used a connection company when i moved into my unit a couple of months ago and one of the things they were mean't to arrange was my wireless broadband.

I was supposed to have the wireless modem delivered to me which i had to be home to sign for, well i sat in and waited that day and it never arrived.

Stupidly i didn't bother chasing it up and just arranged my internet with another company, then one month later i get a bill of $35 for one months internet, i phone and explain that i never signed up for the deal in the end but they said the contract was activated and i was locked in for 24 months even though i'd never signed anything.

Stupidly again i then hung the phone up.

Now another month later i get another bill for $100.74 which is two months plus late fee charges, plus aload of if you don't pay in 7 days the account will be suspended and another $35 will be added to the bill..... the letter was dated 21 december.. opps (need to check my mail more regually).

So what are my options? the connection company signed me up for it but i nver personally signed anything apart from a verbal contract with the connection company over the phone, will phone them monday and see if i can beat any records for being put on hold.

Should i just pay the bill, can i be held to a contract that was setup for me by someone else?

Thanks for any advice. :)

Guest proud2beaussie

No worries,these people will help,they will tell you what your rights are,and if you have to pay they will tell you so but they may even be able to negotiate with the company to reduce the bill,they have helped me in the past when I had a mobile phone stolen but the company tried to make me pay for calls after I had reported it to the police,the TIO stepped in and I didn't pay a cent.

Guest John Sydney

The company which connected you would have recording of you ordering the system - thus it is a verbal contract when you said yes to the contract - However has they have not provided the modem they would be in breach of contract. Give them a try again - be cool and talk to somebody in charge refuse to pay - try and get them to cancel the contract if not go to the tribual

Lots of luck

Guest John Sydney

Wait for a while and just see if the buggers bill you for 3 months! - Some times it happens. But it sounds good to me.

Archived