and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest Faye&Matt

Making friends on Central Coast

Guest Faye&Matt

Hi,

I'm moving to the Central Coast in 23 1/2 days and am wondering what the best ways to meet new people are there? What are the things Aussies do to make new friends? I'm moving with my partner so will know people through him but want to meet people on my own. Where do 20-somethings meet other 20-somethings?

Hi,

I'm moving to the Central Coast in 23 1/2 days and am wondering what the best ways to meet new people are there? What are the things Aussies do to make new friends? I'm moving with my partner so will know people through him but want to meet people on my own. Where do 20-somethings meet other 20-somethings?

G'day mate, which central coast??? NSW or Qld? Either place, nick down to the local boozer beer garden.

Guest Faye&Matt

Hi, NSW Central Coast.

Guest littlesarah

Hello

We'll be moving out in May (or maybe a bit later, if we go to see AC/DC at Wembley!), & I too have been thinking about how to make some friends of my own. Hubby's mates (& their partners) are great, but it's important to have your own friends isn't it?

I think that pursuing a hobby or sport or whatever you're interested in is a great way to meet new people, 'cos you've got at least one thing in common! I've already been finding out about local amateur orchestras and the like, as that's my main hobby. A lot us make friends at work too (but that often depends where you work I know!).

Who knows, maybe our paths will cross some time?!

Sarah :chatterbox:

Guest richandchell

heya hun i live on the central coast, here we love sport, got a lot of groups to join like scrapbooking, crafts etc, depends on if you have children. aslo going to a local community centre which you can find via the gosford or wyong shire council website are good ways to meet people. church groups, geaneology or historical societies, Lions or rotary clubs, just depends on what interests you let me know and ill find you some ideas. I live in Gosford shire.

chell

Hi,

great to see some more peeps coming our way, i thought most were off to Qld :biglaugh:

We live in Terrigal on the Central Coast, so if any one wants any info, help & advice just give us a yell, hubby has been here since 1989 bar a few years, so he knows it well (i still get lost !!!)

Happy to arrange to meet for beer, coffee or whatever

stuju :-)

** Here There,Where Ever Be Happy**

Hey we live on the central coast & have Been here almost a year!! My son started

School and that is how I made friends. I know have some really good ones & we hang out all the time. I would definately meet up with you for a coffee and help you any way I can :-)

[url="http://www.move2thecoast.com.au