Sign in to follow this  
Guest stevo1967

Hgv driver vacancies in WA

Guest stevo1967

Hi

Can anyone advise me on the current situation regarding truck driving in WA.

I have read many posts old and new and they all seem to conflict with each other.

I have just returned from oz yesterday infact after visiting friends and checking the place out with the intention of reloacating to the perth area.

If its still not possible to go as a truck driver we may have to look at my wife qualifications instead.

Any helpful advice woiuld be most welcome, oh and this is my first post on here as i have just joined and i gotta say this is by far the best forum.

many thanks in advance:wink:

Guest PommieLady

Hi, & welcome

:hug:

I've only just joined myself and agree this is an excellent forum.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but don't think truck driving will get you a visa, but have a look at the site below for full details.

Department of Immigration & Citizenship

My husband is a truckie and found it okay to get jobs in Perth. Its the road train jobs that appear to be the ones to steer clear from, very stressful, long days etc.

It might be worth looking at driving at mine sites though, maybe getting a specific classification on your licence could get you over.

All the best

:smile:

Guest stevo1967

Hi and thanks for the info ill take a look at that link.

I already have my dangerous goods certificate etc but dont know if this is any good over there

Guest wayniexagt

you need to take there test mate . ive already got my class 2 equivilant. thats a HR license. heavy rigid.

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi and thanks for the info ill take a look at that link.

I already have my dangerous goods certificate etc but dont know if this is any good over there

Hello Stevo1967

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

The short answeer to your question is that in theory a driver who will be transporting dangerous goods could get a visa provided that he can find an employer based in Regional Oz to sponsor him. He would get a Regional 457 visa and the eventual route to PR would be an RSMS visa. The driver would be required to live & work in Regional Oz.

I'm sure you would be required to get local certificates for the relevant dangerous goods.

However what is your wife's occupation, please? If you can get a visa via her skills it would be a lot easier and would probably be a better visa as well.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest stevo1967

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

My wife is an ex british gymnast with qualifications and experience at club level for teaching gymnastics. She also has dance and aerobic qualifications and experience but we have yet to find a visa to suit these .

She has applied for a few jobs over there to see what response she gets, she also got offered a job there while we were visiting but getting a job is not the problem its getting the visa to get there.