Any teachers? How long for TA Assessment?

Guest LX_RV86

Guest LX_RV86

Hey everyone, happy new year!

I know there aren't many teachers on this forum but I'm going to give this a go.

I can't apply for my TA Assessment until July because I'm an NQT and need 12 months work experience before I can apply for my skills assessment. I know asking how long anything will take is like asking how long is a piece of string but I was wondering what peoples experiences are with their timelines for TA Assessment.

We have an agent, and I am either going on a 175 if I can get enough points or a 176 visa.

Many thanks guys :notworthy:

Oh, I thouht I'd better add in case it's relevant that I'm a Secondary ICT teacher and by July, I'll also be a qualified Special Needs teacher/SENCO.

Guest hazel and dave

Hi,

My OH was our main visa applicant (carpenter), but I am a teacher and I have to say that anything I've done so far (having qualifications recognised and registering as a teacher) has been really quick and efficient. A friend of mine followed your route a few years ago and she said things were farily swift. Good luck.

Hiya!

I too got my TA back really quickly. We applied for 175 visa in May with me being the main applicant and we got our visa in Dec!!! I had to do the IELTs test to gain 5 extra points.

If you need any further help just let me know!

Jo x:wub:

Guest LX_RV86

Fantastic, thanks Jo :) That's very quick for a visa! 7 months is fantastic!

I was thinking of doing the IELTS test as I'm also 5 points short of a 175 visa with only having 1 year work experience.

Do you think that there's anything else that I should be getting done before skills assessments in order to save some time?

Guest Clarinsred

Sorry but you can't actually apply until September (or late August), I was in the same postion last year and I could not send TA until late August because the 12 months is not complete until 1st Sept, my agent said if we sent it earlier they may not take it as 12 months... Got positive back mid October, but there were some TA changes on 1st Sept and this delayed process... TA people were really helpful and sent me and my agent a message when approved. Hope this helps.

Guest Clarinsred

It'll soon come around... Make sure you have a letter of reference from your headteacher and also one from the teaching training providers outlining your course and the number of weeks you completed on placement, I also included my final QTS docs for further evidence. Good luck!

Archived