Guest James.S

I emailed energysafety yesterday and received an email back saying 'please see attached form' thats it, no explanation and not an answer to my question !!!!

I have noticed a difference from the NEW forms that have just been attached to the energysafety site.

if you apply with a ARTC as a Electrical Mechanic it says this ;

Once your application is received, you will be issued a permit to work under supervision to enable you to gain on-the-job experience under Australian conditions while having your skills assessed by a Registered Training Organisation approved by the Electrical Licensing Board.

When you have completed successfully the skills assessment, you will be eligible to be issued an ‘Electrician’s Licence’ on paying the five-yearly Registration Fee.

if you apply with the OTSR it says this ;

Once your application is received, you will be issued a permit to work under supervision to enable you to gain on-the-job experience under Australian conditions while undertaking the Gap Training at an approved Registered Training Organisation.

When you have completed successfully the Gap Training and been issued your Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician you will be eligible to be issued an ‘Electrician’s Licence’ on paying the five-yearly Registration Fee.

Notice the difference,

skills assessed with an ARTC

Gap training with an OTSR

Gap training 12 months, skills assessed 2-3 months ??????? only speculating, anyone know the answer ??????????

Guest Stephen & Tracy D

Hi there, from a very confused family....

My OH is also an electrician and he has worked on the rigs for about 6 years, he also has rope access level 1. do you need the Alicence to work offshore in OZ? , we are moving to Perth and he has the (ostr) sorry if thats wrong. He would like to work in the mines eventually but may have to work offshore in the meantime. Is there anything we can start doing form the uk? We are looking to move in January, but we are worried that he as not got a job to go to, I understand this may change over the next few weeks, could an offshore company take him on if he doesnt have his Alicence then on his time off he could apply, and does anyone know if working offshore for a company would class as his supervision , if they signed off his work?.

We have so may questions going round in our head its really stressfull. we have the money to get out but not enough to live for months on end without an income, he would even work offshore in Singapore and fly out there or somewhere like that till he got his A licence.

arrgggghhhh! all so confusing, we know he can earn a good wage and i will work once the children are at school, just till it all falls into place its very worrying.

well ill shut up for no ...lol

any replies are gratefully received!! xx

Guest garyheidi7

Hi woodymcfc, with an otsr cert it is definitely 12 months on and off the job training then you sit the exam for wiring regs and then if you pass you can apply for your full licence, if you ring energy safety up they will tell you about it in detail, 0061894225200 is the number. im not sure how long it takes to do the artc route if you read whayaaat thread it took them 4 to 5 months, and you would have to pay more money for the process just like vetassess, so i dont know which route we are going to have to take? have you already got a certificate with one or the other. Its a shame our visa had nt come through a couple of months ago we were going to fly out just to get the licence sorted on that two week course, too late as usual with us.!

Well nothing can be done about it thats the way they are doing it now so will research more into an artc and if its worth paying to do or even if we can do it, its so stressful its worse than the visa app itself. lol!

Guest garyheidi7

Just wondering , is the route to getting a licence in South Australia quicker than 12 months of gap training does any one know? and then transfer to WA under the mutual recognition, if that is even possible, just looking at all options as quite worried about supporting our family of 7 on a reduced wage of a restricted licence for a year if successful even getting a job on it in the first place, when we eventually get to oz next year.???

Just wondering , is the route to getting a licence in South Australia quicker than 12 months of gap training does any one know? and then transfer to WA under the mutual recognition, if that is even possible, just looking at all options as quite worried about supporting our family of 7 on a reduced wage of a restricted licence for a year if successful even getting a job on it in the first place, when we eventually get to oz next year.???

Hi there,

You can do the PEER course by correspondence in the UK and then when you arrive in Australia you would have to go to Adelaide to do a 4/5 day revision / exam, or you can do the whole thing in Adelaide over 7/8 days.

But, if you only have an OTSR then you would be required to do 12 months 'on the job' gap training.

If you were to get an ARTC (costs $300 to submit) then you're not required to do the 'on the job' gap training and can apply for a SA licence after you complete the exam.

Be aware that some states are refusing to issue their respective licence to SA licence holders who have obtained their licence this way. This includes QLD and VIC. WA will not issue licences to SA licence holders who have been graded as electrical fitters by the TRA, but electrical mechanics are OK.

In any event , state licences are going to be phased out from June next year and a national licence will be issued instead. I suspect the advent of a national licencing system may be requiring state to harmonise their licencing and assessment procedures. Only time will tell if SA will fall into line with all the other states.

Regards Derren

Just edited to add that you would legally be allowed to work in WA on a SA licence. If there's plenty of work about then you shouldn't have to much difficulty finding work in WA on a SA licence

Guest garyheidi7

Hi Derren,

Thanks for your info, on my questions, its so appreciated. So sorry if im being a dull, just want to get it straight in my mind, to be able to do the PEER route in SA you have to have an ARTC cert first, so it would be the same as what WA is offering then with their two week course once you have an ARTC cert either way we need an ARTC cert to get around the 12 month gap training? I understand its quite similiar as the vetassess paper work required to get the ARTC but what is the steps after that, ?is there a practical assessment and exam like with vetassess, and how long does this all take? and what is do able from uk and what has to be done in oz? sorry for my mass of questions .. thanks

Hi Derren,

Thanks for your info, on my questions, its so appreciated. So sorry if im being a dull, just want to get it straight in my mind, to be able to do the PEER route in SA you have to have an ARTC cert first, so it would be the same as what WA is offering then with their two week course once you have an ARTC cert either way we need an ARTC cert to get around the 12 month gap training? I understand its quite similiar as the vetassess paper work required to get the ARTC but what is the steps after that, ?is there a practical assessment and exam like with vetassess, and how long does this all take? and what is do able from uk and what has to be done in oz? sorry for my mass of questions .. thanks

Hi again,

No worries. I've attached a document of the ARTC applicant guidelines which will make very good bedtime reading for you and have you sleeping like a baby in no time!!

Some points to consider before making an application are;

1) you can only apply for an ARTC after your visa has been granted as you must show proof that you are resident of Australia.

2) I understand that the evidence you supply to them is similar to that for VETASSESS. I didn't do the VETASSESS assessment as we applied on my wife's application as a nurse but my understanding is that the TRA are a lot more picky than VETASSESS and you are required to show detailed info in the form of trade certification, employer references detailing the type of work that you performed, tools that were used, length of service and any other documentary proof that you are a spark.

3) You can apply for an ARTC from the UK and on the application form it is advisable to enter an Austarlian address. If you put in a UK address then the TRA will keep hold of your ARTC, if it is granted, until you arrive in Australia.

4) the TRA aim to process all applications within 30 days of lodgement however, currently they are experiencing a backlog of applications and it seems current processing times are about 3-4 months. I lodged my application about a month ago so hopefully, I'll hear the outcome this side of Xmas.

5) if you supply enough documentary evidence then no other action is required. If they're not satisfied with your application then they will either, not grant an ARTC, conduct a technical interview on the telephone or require that you take a trades test at a cost of $270.

The PEER route, I believe, is similar in cost to that of WA. Ball park figure of around $1300-$1500 once you buy all the necessary books , admin costs etc., plus you have to factor in flights and accommodation for Adelaide.

You can do a correspondence course in the UK and then do the exam in Adelaide, as I mentioned previously, but I would be wary of doing this before you are granted an ARTC just in case it's not granted. If you are granted an ARTC while you are in OZ then you could do the whole course over 7/8 days in Adelaide as opposed to going for 4/5 days if you do the correspondence route which, you could also do in WA if you choose to.

Feel free to ask more questions. That is what this site is all about.

Kind regards Derren

ARTC_ApplicantGuidelines.pdf

ARTC_ApplicantGuidelines.pdf

Hi again,

No worries. I've attached a document of the ARTC applicant guidelines which will make very good bedtime reading for you and have you sleeping like a baby in no time!!

Some points to consider before making an application are;

1) you can only apply for an ARTC after your visa has been granted as you must show proof that you are resident of Australia.

2) I understand that the evidence you supply to them is similar to that for VETASSESS. I didn't do the VETASSESS assessment as we applied on my wife's application as a nurse but my understanding is that the TRA are a lot more picky than VETASSESS and you are required to show detailed info in the form of trade certification, employer references detailing the type of work that you performed, tools that were used, length of service and any other documentary proof that you are a spark.

3) You can apply for an ARTC from the UK and on the application form it is advisable to enter an Austarlian address. If you put in a UK address then the TRA will keep hold of your ARTC, if it is granted, until you arrive in Australia.

4) the TRA aim to process all applications within 30 days of lodgement however, currently they are experiencing a backlog of applications and it seems current processing times are about 3-4 months. I lodged my application about a month ago so hopefully, I'll hear the outcome this side of Xmas.

5) if you supply enough documentary evidence then no other action is required. If they're not satisfied with your application then they will either, not grant an ARTC, conduct a technical interview on the telephone or require that you take a trades test at a cost of $270.

The PEER route, I believe, is similar in cost to that of WA. Ball park figure of around $1300-$1500 once you buy all the necessary books , admin costs etc., plus you have to factor in flights and accommodation for Adelaide.

You can do a correspondence course in the UK and then do the exam in Adelaide, as I mentioned previously, but I would be wary of doing this before you are granted an ARTC just in case it's not granted. If you are granted an ARTC while you are in OZ then you could do the whole course over 7/8 days in Adelaide as opposed to going for 4/5 days if you do the correspondence route which, you could also do in WA if you choose to.

Feel free to ask more questions. That is what this site is all about.

Kind regards Derren

I'm in more than 2 minds at the moment. As I have an OTSR it just seems like worthless paper. I think that the following are my options?

Option A apply to WA with OTSR and do on the job training for 12 months

Option B apply for an ARTC, when I receive this then apply for SA license, then do course and then swap over to WA license all the time hoping the SA process doesn't change.

Am I right with my options?

I'm in more than 2 minds at the moment. As I have an OTSR it just seems like worthless paper. I think that the following are my options?

Option A apply to WA with OTSR and do on the job training for 12 months

Option B apply for an ARTC, when I receive this then apply for SA license, then do course and then swap over to WA license all the time hoping the SA process doesn't change.

Am I right with my options?

Hi Rob,

On the face of it, yeah , these seem to be the available options at the moment.

But we need to wait until the dust settles on this one as it seems the employees at energy safety don't seem to be any the wiser, giving conflicting info, depending on who you speak to. My understanding is that if you have an OTSR then you'll have to do the 12 months gap training. The confusion seems to be for the ARTC holders.

As I've said, give it a few weeks for some more informative feedback and time for the dust to settle.

Regards Derren

Hi Rob,

On the face of it, yeah , these seem to be the available options at the moment.

But we need to wait until the dust settles on this one as it seems the employees at energy safety don't seem to be any the wiser, giving conflicting info, depending on who you speak to. My understanding is that if you have an OTSR then you'll have to do the 12 months gap training. The confusion seems to be for the ARTC holders.

As I've said, give it a few weeks for some more informative feedback and time for the dust to settle.

Regards Derren

See below from new forms on Energy safety website, seems like you need to work under supervision with both OTSR and ARTC with difference being..

OTSR - Gap training

ARTC - Skills assessed by RTO

Requires some clarification I think.

OTSR form

Once your application is received, you will be issued a permit to work under supervision to enable you to gain on-the-job experience under Australian conditions while undertaking the Gap Training at an approved Registered Training Organisation.

When you have completed successfully the Gap Training and been issued your Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician you will be eligible to be issued an ‘Electrician’s Licence’ on paying the five-yearly Registration Fee.

ARTC form

Once your application is received, you will be issued a permit to work under supervision to enable you to gain on-the-job experience under Australian conditions while having your skills assessed by a Registered Training Organisation approved by the Electrical Licensing Board.

When you have completed successfully the skills assessment, you will be eligible to be issued an ‘Electrician’s Licence’ on paying the five-yearly Registration Fee.

See below from new forms on Energy safety website, seems like you need to work under supervision with both OTSR and ARTC with difference being..

OTSR - Gap training

ARTC - Skills assessed by RTO

Requires some clarification I think.

OTSR form

ARTC form

Hi Rob,

Yeah, clarification is definitely needed and if you've read the links I've posted it seems the employees at energy safety are unable to provide this presently. I can imagine they're a pretty stressed out bunch at the moment. Like I said previously, the dust needs to settle and hopefully in the next few weeks some clarification will become evident, which is the best you can hope for when dealing with bureaucrats.

Regards Derren

derren7;

people think if they have the restricted license provided by the OTSR or whatever they are called that's fine BUT energy safe in all states wont issue a license its as simple as that, & i can tell you why there have been a number of accidents when people have been issued licenses & they have made massive mistakes (Or simply stuff ups) some of the people have not got the right skills. so most energy safe places not refuse to issue a license until the applicant has passed the exams for that state.

example some people attend PEER in SA from say Victoria PEER only issue the one license there is No electrical mechanic or fitters license its the one license.now then if the student passes the course at PEER they get the full electrical license, then they can transfer that license to the state they live in, OK we may say we have the unrestricted license, now remember this is Victoria im now talking about. so you can get the transfer & work for a company with the full license, But if you want to then work for yourself you must not only do the electrical contractors course but 1st you must do the Vic electrical exams all over again.???? & im sure that may be the case in the other states as i said its due to poor quality electricians migrating form abroad & i don't mean the UK.

so my advise is to enquire at the energy safe of your desired state they shall give you more in depth info.

http://www.australia-migration.com/page/Trades_TRA_and_VETASSESS/262

Guest garyheidi7

Hi Derren,

Thanks for your reply i'll have a good read of your attachment, and hopefully get in my head what is needed for this ARTC cert, so i need to wait for my PR to come through first anyway, maybe by then something might change yet again with this licencing palarvour (not sure on that spelling ha ha ). maybe he'll be lucky enough to get a job offer before we go on a sponsorhip or something and then we can relax and i'll wait here for our PR visa, dont think we are that lucky, out of interest how do people who go out on sponsorship 457 get the sponsorship without a full licence? or is it just a case of the employer not being bothered by a restricted licence. I dont know why vetassess exists why dont they just use the TRA to do the visa assessment and then it can be put to use for the licence when needed.? seems a bit ridiculous. thanks again for all your help. Heidi.

Hi Derren,

Thanks for your reply i'll have a good read of your attachment, and hopefully get in my head what is needed for this ARTC cert, so i need to wait for my PR to come through first anyway, maybe by then something might change yet again with this licencing palarvour (not sure on that spelling ha ha ). maybe he'll be lucky enough to get a job offer before we go on a sponsorhip or something and then we can relax and i'll wait here for our PR visa, dont think we are that lucky, out of interest how do people who go out on sponsorship 457 get the sponsorship without a full licence? or is it just a case of the employer not being bothered by a restricted licence. I dont know why vetassess exists why dont they just use the TRA to do the visa assessment and then it can be put to use for the licence when needed.? seems a bit ridiculous. thanks again for all your help. Heidi.

Hi Heidi,

I think it's quite hard for tradies to get sponsorship but it's certainly not unheard of. if you were to get sponsorship then you would still need to get a full licence (except for NSW, where you can work as a spark without a licence as long as you are under supervision). But a word of caution, if you do get offered sponsorship and get a employer sponsored visa then this would invalidate your PR visa and you will be lumbered with a temporary 4 year visa and if you're made redundant then you only have a few weeks to find another sponsor, otherwise you have to leave Australia, so if you are offered a job then make sure it's under the proviso of gaining a PR visa.

With regards to the VETASSES, up until a few years ago, TRA used to assess all oversea applicants but then decided that certain trades from certain countries should be assessed by VETASSESS. I have no idea why this is so. Only applicants from about a dozen countries are assessed by VETASSESS.

If for example, you are a French electrician wanting to emigrate to OZ then you would still be assessed for the TRA for migration purposes. What's even more bizarre is that, if you as a French spark were given a positive assessment then you would need to apply to the TRA, AGAIN, for an ARTC in order to undertake gap training, as the TRA do not issue an OTSR. I've also read quite a few posts of people who have gained a positive skills assessment for migration purposes and have then been turned down for an ARTC when they have reapplied.

All the best

Regards Derren

derren7;

your right in what you say below, however i think the job sponsorship wont happen at all a company in Australia must prove to the government that an Australia cannot do that job advertised & that simply wont happen.

If people apply to the TRA & get the electrical mechanic cert then sit the exams in say NSW they don't need the gap training its mainly for the people with the fitters license again most energy safe in all states are now refusing to give a restricted license due to people abusing the system.

The TRA still do lots of applications from overseas applications but also do VET they are in the same office in SA, i would recommend anybody to apply to VET & TRA at the same time to make sure they get the mechanic cert in most states the fitters cert is restricted to panel wiring only meaning no 230V or 415V work for them.

Guest garyheidi7

Hi Derren,

Thanks again for your reply, i didnt realise if the 457 visa was used it would cancel out our application for the 176, i wont bother looking into that then, we knew of the clause with the 28 days on the 457 which is why we decided to go for PR, so thanks for letting me know that. The Vetassess thing is still annoying me, but i will wait till our PR visa comes through next year if we need that first, and then do the artc application or risk looking into getting work on the restricted licence, or maybe fingers crossed someone will come up with a better way of doing the whole licencing thing ha ha. i dare say i'll be back with more questions at some point. Thanks again for your useful info. Heidi.

Hi guys,

I'm hoping someone might be able to help with this.

My boyfriend is currently in the process of being sponsored by his boss, 457 visa.

He sent his application for ARTC, skills assessment but it came back as failed (he's an electrican).

So i'm just wondering does he need a skills assessment when applying for the 457 visa?

Hi Derren,

Thanks again for your reply, i didnt realise if the 457 visa was used it would cancel out our application for the 176, i wont bother looking into that then, we knew of the clause with the 28 days on the 457 which is why we decided to go for PR, so thanks for letting me know that. The Vetassess thing is still annoying me, but i will wait till our PR visa comes through next year if we need that first, and then do the artc application or risk looking into getting work on the restricted licence, or maybe fingers crossed someone will come up with a better way of doing the whole licencing thing ha ha. i dare say i'll be back with more questions at some point. Thanks again for your useful info. Heidi.

Hi Heidi, we applied for our PR visa in jan 2010 and in sep 2010 my husband was offered a 457 working as an electrician. I'd seen many times on PIO people saying that one visa cancels the other so I decided to do some research. The general opinion on PIO is that the 2nd visa granted cancels out the first, say if your PR visa was to be granted before your 457 and then the 457 was granted it would cancel out the PR. I spoke to 4 different people in the department 2 in Adelaide and 2 in the 457 processing centre in Melbourne not one of them could give me a definitive answer all 4 said that a temp visa can not cancel a permanent visa but they weren't 100% sure as none of them had come across a case .So even if the so called experts don't know theirs not much hope for the rest of us. Basically you can have a 175/176 and a 457 running at the same time you just need to be careful about which visa is granted first if the 457 is granted first no problem, but if your 175/176 is approved first you will need to cancel your 457 straight away.This in fact is exactly what happened to us.

As regards licencing my OH went through TRA for the 1st skills assessment then back to TRA for an ARTC after the visa was granted, then on to peer in SA for the wiring regs course, he was granted an SA electrical licence (on the back it says all types of electrical work) don't know if that the norm?? He then applied to NSW for mutual recognition and was granted a NSW electrical supervisors licence without any problems. I know theirs so much to get your head around these ozzies don't like to make things easy for us. I was only talking to a plumber this morning and he said its taken him 2 years to get his licence. Best of luck with it.

Guest garyheidi7

Hi The Coyne family, thank you for your advice, very appreciated . It is such a headache, but nevermind we will get there in the end. Out of interest did your OH find it difficult to get work, or i suppose as he got his full licence it was slightly easier?? Thanks again for your advice. Heidi.

Well after been overjoyed at my OH getting the ARTC for both electrical fitter and electrical fitter (instruments), he started to try and find out what he needed to do start the PEER wiring regs course. Because in SA once you have the ARTC and the wiring regs you can pay your money and get your class A licence.

My OH does domestic, commercial and industrial electrical work, so put down for both electrical fitter and electrical fitter (instruments) as he does both on an almost daily basis.

After a number of emails back and forth with PEERwww.peer.com.au , they were saying that my OH wouldn’t be able to get his unrestricted licence as his ATRC said electrical fitter (instruments) on it. After being in touch with the Occupational Licensing & Registration Consumer and Business Services ~ Government of South Australia www.ocba.sa.gov.au it turns out he can get an unrestricted class A licence as he has got both electrical fitter and electrical fitter(instrumental) on his ARTC and once he has completed his wiring regs for SA.

It's so confusing, it's a right rigmorole getting the electical side done!

Not sure if this is any use to anyone, but we wrote it down for someone else and it's good to share.:biggrin:

Applying for the ARTC (electrical)

Go to the www.deewr.gov.au/tra website and click on AUSTRALIAN RECOGNISED TRADES CERTIFICATE (not for migrations purposes) the grey section. You then need to click on the link on the main page and it should get you to here:

http://www.deewr.gov.au/Skills/Programs/SkillsAssess/TRA/ARTC/Pages/home.aspx

You then need to fill in the application form; it is a PDF that is linked to the internet, so you can save it at the end/goes directly to ARTC. My OH had started to fill in the VETASSESS forms before we found out it would be cheaper to apply for our visa through just my occupation, so most of what he put on was cut and pasted from the VETASSESS form.

My OH wasn’t sure whether to tick electrical fitter or electrical fitter instruments, and ticked both in the end as he does domestic, commercial and industrial work. We think (not 100%) that electrical fitter is an electrician and electrical fitter instruments is control panels and industrial. With just electrical fitter instruments you cannot get a class A licence even if you do the wiring regs – you can only get a restricted licence.

We were really honest and put our existing address down as when we get to Australia we just then need to get the certificate sent out. It’s my OH’s intention to go over and do the PEER course before we move to Adelaide in July, so he can start as a class A electrician virtually straight away.

You pay $300 and have to save the reference from the receipt into the online form, before you submit.

Once you have filled in the form you need to send a printed out cop of the form with certified evidence as follows (it tells you more info on the form):

· Proof of identity (passport/birth certificate)

· Proof of getting your visa

· Passport picture

· Proof of training/apprenticeship (lots of details needed)

· Proof of electrical registration

· Detailed references from employers (lots of detail needed)

My OH is self-employed so he had to do all the above, plus sending in 3 references for work he’s done, 3 references from suppliers, letter head, tax details, accounts, photos of work.....

In the end he’d filled a folder of info. But we were extra cautious as we’d got the visa through with my occupation, so he’d not done the VETASSESS/TRA. I posted the folder off to Australia so we could track it and it took about a week for the ARTC to receive it (you can log in to the online portal once you have paid and submitted your form to check how it’s going). It was received on 8th September and states on the website that it takes 30 working days to process. We received an email on 18 October as below:

I am writing in relation to your application for an Australian Recognised Trade Certificate.

The Australian Recognised Trade Certificate is administered under the Tradespersons’ Rights Regulations Act 1946. The Act stipulates that the Australian Recognised Trade Certificate can only be issued to an applicant who is currently residing in Australia. If you are not currently living in Australia, Trades Recognition Australia cannot issue the ARTC.

When you become a resident of Australia, you will need to provide this office with verifiable details of your current Australian address. Once Trades Recognition Australia receives this information, we will be able to further process your ARTC application.

Kind regards

I nearly died, as I thought the 30 days would start again once we moved to Australia and if it got knocked back we’d be unable to nip in and get new info from old customers/suppliers. However, later the same day we got an email saying:

ASSESSMENT OUTCOME LETTERS FROM THE INTERNET

TRA has completed the skills assessment application.

TRA provides an internet service to obtain outcome letters.

To use the internet service to obtain the outcome letter you must first register through the TRA website at http://www.deewr.gov.au/tra - use the menu on the right side to navigate to ‘Skills Assessment for Residence Visa’, then to ‘Online Application Tracking Portal’.

When registering for this service you will need to enter applicant details.

Please do not reply to this email. Refer to the TRA website or information in TRA correspondence to contact TRA.

Yours sincerely

Trades Recognition Australia

When my OH logged in it said he’d passed both electrical fitter and electrical fitter instruments. My OH is now trying to find out how to get the PEER regs done (he thinks there’s a 2 day course with a test in Adelaide), so he’ll have everything for his class A licence.

If anyone knows anything about the PEER course in Adelaide and how you get on it that would be great.

Thanks for long post filled with info angphil :radar:. Are you sure that ARTC form can be sent electronically, because I didn't find such option? Is this from this year, applied 8.9., finished 18.10.? This could mean they are back in tracks and out of the backlog.

And small question for all, is anyone used this option quoted bellow:

The ARTC application fee is $300, except where your skills have previously been assessed as successful in the same trade by TRA for the purposes of General Skilled Migration. If this is the case, please supply TRA with a certified true copy of your successful outcome letter and your TRA reference number and your initial ARTC application fee will be waived.
I'm "playing" right now with app form, it's almost the same as app form for visa assessment, so it would be easier if I had saved that form.

Just remembered one more thing: what is the best way to get copies certified in Australia (if someone did that before), the cheapest I have found is in the Post office, 4$ per page?

Hi dunkl,

It was a funny type of PDF that sort of sent it to ARTC when we put the payment info in (said submit). It was all saved on our computer until then. You do have to print off and send it in with all the evidence. Not sure what type of form it was, but we could check it online virtually straight away so we assumed it was submitted electornically too.

Yes the dates are from this year, it was a bit of a relief to get it back so soon.

Still not heard from PEER though, one hurdle done and another springs up.

Thanks for long post filled with info angphil :radar:. Are you sure that ARTC form can be sent electronically, because I didn't find such option? Is this from this year, applied 8.9., finished 18.10.? This could mean they are back in tracks and out of the backlog.

Hi really interested to here how this pans out as Sarah will be a Mental Health Nurse and I am an electrician.

I get the impression that by going over on your VISA your OH doesn't have to do the VETASESS assessment and can carry out an assessment in OZ to work as an electrician?

Also we are looking at either Adelaide or Brisbane, not sure where would be best for both of our trades?

James