Snake Like Creature in the House

twinsmom65

The other night we were sitting in our living room, minding our own business, when my daughter noticed something moving on the carpet.

It looked like a baby snake, we are not sure if it was a baby snake or a legless lizard. It was black and slivering along the floor, moved pretty quick too.

We did not go into panic mode (big surpise for us LOL), we just kept an eye on it and then tried to figure out how to get the bloody thing out of the house.

We came up with a very unique way to get rid of it... (must be cause we are Canadians LOL), we got the vaccume cleaner out (it is the bagless type) and vaccumed up the little sucker.

It was okay and still alive, so my hubby let it go outside to return to the bush. It hasn't returned thank god.

Well we have only been here 8 weeks and so far have come across redbacks, huntsman and now this snake thing (again not sure if it was a baby snake or a legless lizard). The main thing that surprised me is that I am not that scared of them...if you had asked me 3 months ago, I would have told you I was going to be terrified of the wildlife in Oz.

So as the Aussies would say No Worries, we are adapting very well here indeed LOL

Karen

Guest earlswood
The other night we were sitting in our living room, minding our own business, when my daughter noticed something moving on the carpet.

It looked like a baby snake, we are not sure if it was a baby snake or a legless lizard. It was black and slivering along the floor, moved pretty quick too.

We did not go into panic mode (big surpise for us LOL), we just kept an eye on it and then tried to figure out how to get the bloody thing out of the house.

We came up with a very unique way to get rid of it... (must be cause we are Canadians LOL), we got the vaccume cleaner out (it is the bagless type) and vaccumed up the little sucker.

It was okay and still alive, so my hubby let it go outside to return to the bush. It hasn't returned thank god.

Well we have only been here 8 weeks and so far have come across redbacks, huntsman and now this snake thing (again not sure if it was a baby snake or a legless lizard). The main thing that surprised me is that I am not that scared of them...if you had asked me 3 months ago, I would have told you I was going to be terrified of the wildlife in Oz.

So as the Aussies would say No Worries, we are adapting very well here indeed LOL

Karen

Have you been bit by anything yet>>>>:unsurexmas:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Karen

My sister Elaine says that she occasionally finds baby snakes in the house at this time of year - ie in Spring because I gather Summer is late arriving this year in Perth. She says her cats catch small snakes and bring them into the house. The snakes are not necessarily poisonous I am told.

She has not told me about it in any detail and I've never been there when it has happened. My guess would be that the cat would be paying massive attention to the snake, thus attracting everyone else's attention as well. It sounds like your cats were unaware of the creature, however?

Best wishes

Gill

Guest donovan

Well done I am dreading the time that I may come across something like this, I have had redbacks in my house, Pacific Pines is full of them apparently, they seem to love plastic so watch out for any of your kids toys in the garden when they bring them in doors.

Sarah x

I would like to know who gives lizards alchohol

I'm not sure brooksey, but it is/was a legless lizard by the sounds of things lol

hubby has seen several in the garden approx 10inches long

if you flip it over & its got a red belly beware it could be a red belly black snake (dangerous) :biggrinxmas:

stuju

Archived