AFP have no record of our police check application!

Guest Faye&Matt

Guest Faye&Matt

Hi all,

I've just rung the AFP to see if our police check has been processed as its been a few weeks and our flights are booked for 38 days time and we need the police checks to go. The woman said that using my name and DOB she has no record of the application and says that this could mean that they have not received it. It's been 3 weeks so they should definitely have received it by now. Has anyone else had this? I'm really panicking now!

Guest JoanneHattersley

Just a question, Do you have your VISA yet? How come you have booked flights before everything goes through?? Police checks take anything up to 40 days to come back.

Did you send it registered post?

If so, I'd definitely check up with Australia Post as to where it is and when it was delivered?

If you didn't I'd call the AFP up again as soon as possible and explain your predicament and then reapply and hope that you'll get it through ASAP.

You can always change your flight date and it usually only costs $50 or so? I know thats probably NOT what you want to do, but you can't get a visa without a police check so I guess thats the priority right now!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you though! Good luck!

Guest Faye&Matt

We were sending it fully loaded with uk police checks and medicals and thought 2 months would be fine (stupidly!) since we read they were processed in 3/4 weeks but due the fact that we understood that you only needed an aus police check if you'd lived there for more than 12 months rather than spent 12 months in the country we didn't get one from there so we were told we needed one after we'd send it all off by our co. We had to book the flights as my partner has to be back in aus for uni in Feb and they were cheap so we thought it was better to do that. looking at them now they are twice the price on that day so it would have worked out well if not for the stupid aus police check...

we rang them and gave the money order number and it turns out the post office had forgotten to sign the money order and was sent back to us in the uk late last week so we should be receiving it any day now. Apparently they still have the forms though so my partners mum is sending another money order to them express post which they should get on Monday so hopefully we'll get it back early Jan. We're going to have to look into changing the flights now, or seeing what the latest you can change your flights without losing all your money is.

Archived