Disaster

LYNMACMD

We have been 'tarting' up the house ready for sale in New Year at present the living room is being decorated.

Then OH went downstairs (our bungalow is cut into a hill and is on 3 floors) and water was pouring out of the bathroom and when we went into the bedroom which has been used as a storeroom piled to ceiling with boxes it was worse than we thought it had obviously been a slow leak and had spread round the room and we are now having to completely re-tile the bathroom, the leak was behind the wall between bathroom and bedroom, dry out the bedroom, hack off the plaster, tank re-board plaster, decorate and take up the laminate and re-floor.

The smell hit you of damp when we opened a room we hadn't used for 12 months!

What a lovely Christmas present, I know the insurance company will finally cough up but it sets everything back in our plans of getting the house on the market.

Sorry to rant on but i am really p****d off this morning.

Guest stockies

Thats what we here for so you can rant away !!!!!!

My heart goes out to you !!

Dont know about you but sometimes i feel like im taking 2 steps forward and 10 back. I hope you get it all sorted and done and dusted for the New Year.

And good look for when the house goes on the market !!!

Claire. XX

Guest WARDStoOZ

So sorry to hear about the disaster in your house... just as you were preparing for it to go on the market too! Hope you can get it all sorted soon so that it doesn't delay you too much! Lots of Luck for when it goes on the market and have a great flood-free Christmas...!!!

Take care,

Dan xx :emoticon-signxmas:

p.s. like Claire and Tania said... we're here if you want to have a rant!

Oh no, poor you.

I would be ranting in great big shouting CAPITALS if that was me.

I am so, so sorry. You are right, it is a bit of a disaster.

Hopefully the insurance will pay you enough to get someone in to do all the repair work and decorating for you.

Rant away, Hun!

We had a plumber in and it looks as if the bathroom and bedroom have been hit with a sledgehammer it was all new 18 months ago I could cry... It will all have to be re-done completely, the insurance people are coming to see the damage tomorrow I told them I want it done before Christmas we have people coming to stay!

Guest guest17301

Sorry to hear of your house disaster Lynne, shame you can't fast forward a few weeks and it will all be fixed! Oh well chin up why don't you invite yourself to someone elses at Christmas or better still go out. Hope you're feeling better soon x

Sorry to hear of your house disaster Lynne, shame you can't fast forward a few weeks and it will all be fixed! Oh well chin up why don't you invite yourself to someone elses at Christmas or better still go out. Hope you're feeling better soon x

I am seriously thinking about it, can anything else go wrong.....

Archived