AnxiousMum

book car rental while in uk, or wait til in oz????

Advice needed from you all, not sure which would be better deal for us. Do we book car rental from uk before we go to Melbourne or do we wait til we get there and just go to hire a car when we land?

Any advice greatly appreciated. :cryxmas:

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." Quote from Ferris Bueller.

Guest WARDStoOZ

Hi there!

I'd imagine that you'd get a wider choice and a better deal by booking car hire online in advance.

Hope that helps!

Dan xx :emoticon-signxmas:

Definately better to book online before you get there, you can get great deals and saves time and stress when you land. I have done both ways and it was a mistake to not pre book. Don't forget to book in child seats if u need them (you will have to pay a bit extra normally) Good luck

Visa granted 16/09/08

Visa validated! We'll go when we do!

Hi there, we used a site called vroom vroom vroom.com you can book a car rental online here before you go and pay when you get there. I booked two rentals just to make sure it was all was ok.

TRA completed June 15th 2008, 175 Lodged 29/1/09, 176 Lodged 13-07-09. WA SS approved 15-8-09. Case Officer assigned 23/11/10... meds done and sent off. PC's sent off for. VISA GRANTED 22/6/11.:jiggy:

another vote for booking before you go from me, personally i was knackered after the flight and it was nice to have a car waiting for me that i could jump in and drive to the hotel rather than messing about round the airport trying to find hire desks and good deals.

All i had to do was ring for mine after i'd got through customs and they picked me up there.

My Aussie pictures - https://instagram.com/paulbell5/

Hi

Book before you go.

www.carhire3000.com

they are brokers and it worked out cheaper. We go a good car from Europe Car at the airport but it was cheaper.

Good luck

IELTS, ACS RPL, Feb 26th 09 175 online lodged

Thanks guys, great advice, I have looked at both sites mentioned below. Both are really good. Thanks very much.

Now just got to find out how you book sat nav if you can actually do it at all. Dont fancy getting lost around Melbourne!!!:coolxmas:

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." Quote from Ferris Bueller.