Sunny Coast Meet Anyone

Guest Marty

Anyone up for a bbq and a laugh over the hols,,,,:biggrin:

,,pick somewhere in the middle of everyone that replies,,

,,,,just as a starter,,,Noosaville river front is fantastic,,park for kids,grass areas for games and stuff and of course the river,,,there are public bbqs all the way along ,,and plenty of room,,

,,we don't really know anyone but I work away alot and it would be good to get the wife and kids involved with other families before I am off again in Jan:frownxmas:

Guest Working to fish

We would be up for a bbq over the hols ,we are camping for a few days ,but if we are about ,would love to have a bbq .

eddie,tina

Ahh well Ed,,,looks like its just you and me mate,,,cos there aint anymore poms on the sunny coast !?

What a xxxxxxx complete waste of time,,,,think I will stick with the Aussies !!

Hey Marty,

You have to keep at it mate, I tried a few times to get people together, but no one on the Gold Coast was interested, but kept plugging away at it and I now have regular meetings with my fellow PIO friends.

I'll tell you what, I'll get some of the Scrummie Mummy's to come along if you'd like, we don't want you feeling all left out now do we??

Come on you Sunny Coasters Give Marty a bit of support, don't you remember what it was like not knowing anyone...............

Let us know where and when please...

April x

Hi guys we would love to meet up with anyone on the sunny coast , but dont arrive until the 9th of January. Would anyone be meeting up that weekend or the following week. We will be staying at peregian beach and will be happy to travel to aywhere on the sunny coast.

Regards

Nick , Sherryl, Daniel (8) & Rachel (6)

Guest Maroochy Mat

Hi Guys, my girlfirend and I are still in the UK hoping to lodge our application in the next couple of months. We aim to migrate to Maroochy in 2010 - we have family in Bli Bli.

I hope your Sunny Coast Meet goes ahead. We'll be in Maroochydore again in May next year and would be great to meet up with you all.

If the meet is a success, perhaps you would consider doing a mid-year sequal when we are out there?!

As a couple of Sunny Coast wannabes, it would be really helpful to know how you guys are getting on out there.

Enjoy the festive season and the great weather,

Mat & Kimberly

[Freezing in Devon]

Hi we arrived on the 11th and have just got access to the internet.

We would be up for a meet later in Jan as currently staying with family on gold coast due to move north mid jan!

Let us know when and where and we'll do our best to find it.:smilexmas:

Guest Jillaroo

Hi.... I'd love to join you all for a meet as well. The thing is, I've come over to Oz on my own (I've no OH or kids) and I think it's going to be pretty hard for me to make friends here as everyone seems to be in couples or have kids in common. (I love kids, but I feel a bit of a social leper as I don't have any... and I'm already a 30 something!) I have a couple of friends in Brisbane, but that's all. I arrived on my one-way ticket only last week :-) so I've been staying with my friends for the past few days which has been great company, but I'll soon be heading off on my own up to the Sunny Coast, probably staying in Mooloolaba/Caloundra next week.

I'm quite a sociable person really, and as I tend to stay in backpackers when travelling around I usually have no problems meeting and chatting with people, but now I'd like to try and settle down somewhere so I'd love to meet up with some proper 'locals'. I've been travelling around the world for a couple of years now, so it will be nice to have a base again and establish a good network of friends. I'd definitely be up for a Sunny coast meet.... just let me know when and where! x

Guest jewels1356

i will join in once we get to buderim hopefully late feb so a march meet would be fab as i would have got a car by then sooooooooooooooooooooooo looking forward to metting all you l;ovely people

julie

xxx

I reckon the latter part of Jan would be good,,the kids don't go back until the 20 odd so their is loads of time after crimbo,,

Jillaroo,,,don't worry about being on your todd,,it dont matter to us

Is Noosaville ok with all or has anyone got other favourite spots,,,I have been to Moffett (or something) beach which was really good,,,I am open to suggestions as long as all are happy

Guest Jillaroo

Hi all, hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas.... I feel in serious need of a detox now, hehe!

A Noosaville meet sounds good to me, I'll possibly be heading that way next week (was hoping to spend NYE on the Goldie, but accommodation is pretty booked up) .... does anyone have any plans or suggestions for NY on the Sunny coast?

• 2 weeks later...
A better response now

any dates flying about ?

eddie,tina:emoticon-signxmas:

Hey Eddie,

How about the old favourite, Currimundi Lakes or even Mooloolaba beach, plenty of barbecue pits there and stuff for the kids to do. you can give me and the kids some fishing tips, they got rods for xmas.

Paul

Hi.... I'd love to join you all for a meet as well. The thing is, I've come over to Oz on my own (I've no OH or kids) and I think it's going to be pretty hard for me to make friends here as everyone seems to be in couples or have kids in common. (I love kids, but I feel a bit of a social leper as I don't have any... and I'm already a 30 something!) I have a couple of friends in Brisbane, but that's all. I arrived on my one-way ticket only last week :-) so I've been staying with my friends for the past few days which has been great company, but I'll soon be heading off on my own up to the Sunny Coast, probably staying in Mooloolaba/Caloundra next week.

I'm quite a sociable person really, and as I tend to stay in backpackers when travelling around I usually have no problems meeting and chatting with people, but now I'd like to try and settle down somewhere so I'd love to meet up with some proper 'locals'. I've been travelling around the world for a couple of years now, so it will be nice to have a base again and establish a good network of friends. I'd definitely be up for a Sunny coast meet.... just let me know when and where! x

Your not the only one :) i'm 30 something and came over here on my own but i don't actually know anyone at all in the country apart from people from work, i'll have to try and make the effort to get along to this meet up as well.... although i do really feel like a social leeper lol

Guest Jillaroo
Hey Eddie,

How about the old favourite, Currimundi Lakes or even Mooloolaba beach, plenty of barbecue pits there and stuff for the kids to do. you can give me and the kids some fishing tips, they got rods for xmas.

Paul

Yay! Mooloolaba is a fave of mine.... and a fishy BBQ, yum!!

I'm away from the Sunny Coast at the mo (recovering from Woodford!) but if anyone else can suggest some dates I'll do my best to be there, preferably after next week.

Pommy Paul - am glad to hear I'm not the only single billy-no-mates, definitely make the effort to come along too!

Hi,

We live in Mudjimba nr Maroochydore and would love to meet up! We arrived on the 25th November from Halifax, West Yorkshire and spent 6 weeks in Brisbane and arrived here yesterday (6th Jan). In the Sunshine Plaza at the mo using an internet kiosk as haven't got internet yet. Feeling tempted by the desserts Coffee Club just behind us!

I start work on the 21st Jan at a school in Peregian Beach so we are free most weekends.

Rachel and Andrew

Guest helen & simon

Hi Marty,

We are new to the forum (and the sunny coast) and would definately be up for a get together. Keep us posted - look forward to meeting you all.

Hi all we have just arrived on the sunny coast and are looking forward to meeting everyone up this way .

would anyone be interested in a meet up on saturday or Sunday the 18th & 19th in or around the Noosa area ? BBQ by the river or picnic on the beach. We're open to suggestions.

Hope to see you all soon

Nick, Sherryl , Daniel (8), & Rachel (6)

Archived