Panel Doctor - Poor Service?

xTINKSx

I am finding myself increasing frustrated as today I discovered our medical reports and xrays have still not been courier'ed to Oz even though we had them done on the 17th Nov.

I have discovered that the Panel Doctor rents a hospital room and is only at her desk there one day per week. I have contacted the xray department of the hospital and they said the reports were sent up to her within a day of our xrays. All my children had to have medicals with her and she requested consultants reports regarding one of my children. The next day I contacted her consultants secretary and she was kind enough to have these reports faxed over directly to the panel doctor that same day (the medicals admin office contacted the consultants secretary confirming their safe arrival).

The next time the panel doctor would have been in woud have been Monday last, 24th Nov, and she has still not send our meds off!!! She will not be in again until Monday next, 1st December. I asked the admin office whether it was usual for her to send them herself and they said they do it from their office via DHL.

Time is getting on now, Im so frustrated..... Upon leaving her office, and paying her her fee's she said she would call me with the DHL tracking number and to confirm that everything was OK - no call to date. I have looked on her website and there is not even a contact number I can call her on - just the hospital number to make appointments. They have said that they can leave a message for her when she is next in. arrrrgggghhhhh!!!!

Im getting myself so wound up now - if there was a problem, surely she would have contacted me Monday last, if not, why have they not been sent. Someone please tell me I have a right to be frustrated - I feel its such a poor service and so expensive - is she taking the pee or what??? I so wish we had gone done the emedical route now - but we are counting the pennies and thought they would be dispatched well within a week - well you know what thought done dont you - gets you nowhere!!!!

Sorry Rant over - had to get it out of my system before I exploded.:mad:

I am finding myself increasing frustrated as today I discovered our medical reports and xrays have still not been courier'ed to Oz even though we had them done on the 17th Nov.

I have discovered that the Panel Doctor rents a hospital room and is only at her desk there one day per week. I have contacted the xray department of the hospital and they said the reports were sent up to her within a day of our xrays. All my children had to have medicals with her and she requested consultants reports regarding one of my children. The next day I contacted her consultants secretary and she was kind enough to have these reports faxed over directly to the panel doctor that same day (the medicals admin office contacted the consultants secretary confirming their safe arrival).

The next time the panel doctor would have been in woud have been Monday last, 24th Nov, and she has still not send our meds off!!! She will not be in again until Monday next, 1st December. I asked the admin office whether it was usual for her to send them herself and they said they do it from their office via DHL.

Time is getting on now, Im so frustrated..... Upon leaving her office, and paying her her fee's she said she would call me with the DHL tracking number and to confirm that everything was OK - no call to date. I have looked on her website and there is not even a contact number I can call her on - just the hospital number to make appointments. They have said that they can leave a message for her when she is next in. arrrrgggghhhhh!!!!

Im getting myself so wound up now - if there was a problem, surely she would have contacted me Monday last, if not, why have they not been sent. Someone please tell me I have a right to be frustrated - I feel its such a poor service and so expensive - is she taking the pee or what??? I so wish we had gone done the emedical route now - but we are counting the pennies and thought they would be dispatched well within a week - well you know what thought done dont you - gets you nowhere!!!!

Sorry Rant over - had to get it out of my system before I exploded.:mad:

You have every right to be frustrated - I would be hopping by now! I'm afraid I can't offer any advise - just sympathy - sorry! This whole thing is one big waiting game - been almost 2 years for us... most of it just... you guessed it....... waiting! We'll get there though!

All the best and here's hoping she contacts you very soon! Zoe xx

you do have a right to be mad,but she probably doesn't understand how much it means to you and the urgency,she won't have a number you can contact her on thats what receptionist are for they are probably still on her desk and there's nothing to worry about, i hope you hear something soon goodluck

you do have a right to be mad,but she probably doesn't understand how much it means to you and the urgency,she won't have a number you can contact her on thats what receptionist are for they are probably still on her desk and there's nothing to worry about, i hope you hear something soon goodluck

I handed over 600 quid CASH - £140 of that being DHL delivery to oz. I looked on the DHL website today and made a well over estimated price check - 60 quid tops. It makes my blood boil that she cant get off her ass and do what I paid her to do.

Sorry im ranting - Just hate being made a fool of. Im normally such a calm person - its doing my head in.

Guest Yorkie1974

Join the queue in dodgey 'panel' doctors and radiology. My panel x-ray came back showing I had previous TB scarring on my lungs and was sent to immigration. To say I was shocked is an understatement. I went to my GP on being informed of this and was referred to a thorasic doctor and had a second x-ray. Guess what? Nothing there and all clear, the case was discharged. However my application and x-ray result was already with immigration. I signed a health declaration undertaking for the visa to get finalised (which I now have) and I'll sort it out in Australia when I have my follow up.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi xTINKSx

It takes 7 to 10 days for the result of the HIV test to be returned to the Panel Doctor. I think they have to culture the blood sample or something. It might not have been returned by last Monday and there is no way the Admin people would send the files off until the Panel Doctor has seen the HIV results and told Admin to send everything.

Best wishes

Gill

Hi xTINKSx

It takes 7 to 10 days for the result of the HIV test to be returned to the Panel Doctor. I think they have to culture the blood sample or something. It might not have been returned by last Monday and there is no way the Admin people would send the files off until the Panel Doctor has seen the HIV results and told Admin to send everything.

Best wishes

Gill

Thank you Gill for replying. Unfortunately this will not be the reason why because we did not need to have blood tests. We are going on a 457 visa and the children had medicals (my eldest having a chest xray too) as well as my OH & I who both had chest xrays. The department said they had sent over the results of the xrays within a day of our having them.

Regards.

xTinksx

How near is the centre to you? id be tempted to pay a visit if getting no joy via phone. You dont have to go in guns blazing ,infact the opposite would probably work better ,tell a fib and say you have recieved an offer on the house but dont want to commit until you know the meds have been recieved and theres no problems,, worth a try,,

Good luck

Cal x

hi

yes it is poor service - especially given the cost of these medicals

but i just want to say (though its easy for me ) try not to worry - you will get here and it probably wont be very long before you get that golden ticket - so while it is so frustrating that people are seemingly holding up your application time jsut try and enjoy the time you have left in the uk.

good luck

sjs

Update: Contacted the hospital this morning only to be told Panel Doctor was off sick. Explained to

them that it was urgent that I speak with her as our meds needed to be sent to OZ. The doctor phoned and said that she has still not sent of reports because she was still awaiting a document that had actually been sent the day after our meds. I asked why she hadnt contacted me last monday if she was missing the document, she said she was sorry! arrrggghhhh!!!! She said she has been off sick and will be taking long term leave but will go into the hospital tomorrow to pick up the reports - I've got to make a 3 hour return trip to hand deliver the document she requires (which should already be there???)

It makes me wonder what if I hadnt phoned today??? If she knows she was going to be off for a while - why didnt she let me know. When would our meds have actually been sent?? I symathise that she is unwell but that doesnt help our situation / or other peoples does it. Sorry if I sound hard!!

Im really not optimistic that we are going to get our meds finalised before xmas now. Im gonna be stung for last minute flights, am worried im not gonna be able to get furnished accommodation because everything will be booked up - I dont think my nerves can take it anymore. Why is it so hard for someone to do the job ive paid them to do???

Im praying she will sent them tomorrow - but what if she doesnt and she leaves it till shesback to work , whenever that may be- what then??? I havent even got a direct contact number for her! Shes holding all the cards and theres nothing I can do about it. arrrggghhh!!!

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi XTINKSx

This is not good enough. I suggest that you phone the Australian High Commission, make a fuss and get them to phone this Panel Doctor and get these meds moving.

Thump the table with Oz House and insist that they put you through to a Senior Migration Officer. The SMOs have clout and make things happen.

dima_contact - Australian High Commission

Best wishes

Gill

Hi XTINKSx

This is not good enough. I suggest that you phone the Australian High Commission, make a fuss and get them to phone this Panel Doctor and get these meds moving.

Thump the table with Oz House and insist that they put you through to a Senior Migration Officer. The SMOs have clout and make things happen.

dima_contact - Australian High Commission

Best wishes

Gill

Gill, I applied for our 457 visa online - does it matter that I havent done it through the UK???

Thanks

Tinks

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi xTINKSx

Not a problem. One of the AHC's jobs is to make sure that the Panel Doctor system in the UK works smoothly.

A lady I know had her chest x-ray done on the Isle of Wight. At the time there wasn't a Panel Doctor on the Island so she came to Southampton to see the Panel Doctor. The hospital had provided the x-rays on disk. The Panel Doctor said that the MOC will not accept electronic x-rays for a PR visa. The hospital on the Island said they had got rid of their machine that could produce ordinary x-ray films.

The lady rang Australia House. One of the Senior Migration Officers phoned the Panel Doctor and the hospital on the Island. By that afternoon, the x-rays had been transferred onto traditional film and had been sent to the Panel Doctor. I can only think that they must have got the BUPA Hospital in Southampton to produce films from the original x-ray CD.

But whatever they did it was sorted out with great speed so this is part of the service because the visa was being processed in Adelaide.

Best wishes

Gill

Hi xTINKSx

Not a problem. One of the AHC's jobs is to make sure that the Panel Doctor system in the UK works smoothly.

A lady I know had her chest x-ray done on the Isle of Wight. At the time there wasn't a Panel Doctor on the Island so she came to Southampton to see the Panel Doctor. The hospital had provided the x-rays on disk. The Panel Doctor said that the MOC will not accept electronic x-rays for a PR visa. The hospital on the Island said they had got rid of their machine that could produce ordinary x-ray films.

The lady rang Australia House. One of the Senior Migration Officers phoned the Panel Doctor and the hospital on the Island. By that afternoon, the x-rays had been transferred onto traditional film and had been sent to the Panel Doctor. I can only think that they must have got the BUPA Hospital in Southampton to produce films from the original x-ray CD.

But whatever they did it was sorted out with great speed so this is part of the service because the visa was being processed in Adelaide.

Best wishes

Gill

Thanks Gill. I have just telephoned the hospital again (they said they were going to call be back but hadnt). They said they have looked in her pigeon hole and the envelope with the document outstanding is there (why is wasnt there over a week ago is anyones guess), so no need for the 3 hour trip thank god!!! Im hoping she honours her promise that she will go pick up the paperwork and send it all off tomorrow. I guess if theres no phonecall from her tomorrow to confirm she has I will have to call the AHC. I really didnt want to have to make a fuss but shes really not leaving me any choice.

As the saying goes - patience is a virtue - but theres patience and theres taking the pee!!! lol

Regards.

Tinks

Guest guest17301

Tinks! What can i say...what a complete waste of time! I too would be on the phone night and day trying to get this mess sorted. This Doctor has taken your money and failed to provide you with the service you paid for. If i was you and you get no joy tomorrow, start talking about claiming you money back and as Gill said report her to the relevant authority, it's just not good enough, sick or not.

As they say..everything happens for a reason..so don't be too down, if it's any consolation, I still haven't got my visa

Chin up hun you'll be in Oz soon enough xx

Guest annemarie and brian

good luck tinks for tomorrow i keep my fingers crossed she

stands by her word, i know i must sound noisey but who

was your panel doctor as i live not far from you and had

my meds done and i hope its not the same one or hubby

will be upset.

annemarie

good luck tinks for tomorrow i keep my fingers crossed she

stands by her word, i know i must sound noisey but who

was your panel doctor as i live not far from you and had

my meds done and i hope its not the same one or hubby

will be upset.

annemarie

I've pm'd you - thought it wise not to start naming names on an open forum. lol

xTinksx

Well its D.Day for us I guess. Anxiously waiting for a phone call to confirm shes sent them. Will probably ring the hospital around lunchtime to see whether shes been in.

This is turning into a nitemare - couldnt sleep last nite worried that she wouldnt come in and goes off sick without telling me. We just havent got the funds to have them done again with someone else and reclaim - it could take months to get it back. Will definately be calling Oz House if no news this afternoon.

Wish me luck peeps!!!!

Feel like crap now!!!!

My day so far..... phoned hospital to check whether she'd been in.... No!!

Asked whether they were expected her in.... dont no!!

Decided to phone Oz house to see what my options were..... told to call hospital again and demand to speak to some high up (had told them that shes' not resonsible for the hospital but they said they wouldnt go any further in investigating it unless I did).

Phoned hospital again...... said they would try and contact her on her mobile (it was switched off earlier) and there wasnt anyone I could speak to high up at the hospital (as I predicted).

Phoned Oz house back - said they would look into it and call me back this afternoon.

Got a phonecall from Doctors husband saying she'd been diagnosed with a brain tumour last week, hence the reason she hasnt been about, said she;s got the message, stop calling, its on the top of her list of things to be done and she hopefully will do it today or tomorrow.

Feel really AWFUL now.

Guest guest17301

omg!!! Thats terrible tinks..could it be any worse..for you or her! You weren't to know hun. Don't forget she must have other medicals to process, i'm sure if she can't do it herself she will get someone else to. Thinking of you xx

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi xTINKSx

Phone Australia House and tell them that you have been told that their Panel Doctor is suffering from a brain tumour. Plainly she cannot be expected to fulfil her duties towards DIAC or towards their clients when she is so ill. Therefore they need to step in and get these meds off to Australia and they also need to consider whether the Pabel Doctor should be removed from the list for the time being.

That should get things moving on the visa front.

Meanwhile, it was totally wrong of the doctor's husband to try to use her illness to make you feel guilty. A doctor of all people should have told him to do and say no such blinking thing.

Best wishes

Gill

Hi xTINKSx

Phone Australia House and tell them that you have been told that their Panel Doctor is suffering from a brain tumour. Plainly she cannot be expected to fulfil her duties towards DIAC or towards their clients when she is so ill. Therefore they need to step in and get these meds off to Australia and they also need to consider whether the Pabel Doctor should be removed from the list for the time being.

That should get things moving on the visa front.

Meanwhile, it was totally wrong of the doctor's husband to try to use her illness to make you feel guilty. A doctor of all people should have told him to do and say no such blinking thing.

Best wishes

Gill

Gill, i feel so bad about bugging everyone, just wanted to know they were on their way to oz. Also just to let you know, when the doctors husband called he said he was also a doctor.

As said previously I have spoken with Aus House and they said they were going to call me back this afternoon. I think if they do ring I'll let them know the situation and leave it at that for the time being. I dont want to rock the boat anymore than i have to and certainly dont want to call to chase her again. Hopefully she'll call (or her hubby) within the next day or so and say they have been sent.

If she doesnt - where do I go from there.... would I have to have my meds & xrays done again (assuming id have to pay again too) as the DIAC dont have access to our originals.

Feeling totally deflated now.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi xTINKSx

All the more reason for the Panel Doctor's husband NOT to have dragged you into the centre of his family's private affairs. He is not thinking of you at this time, so it is dog eat dog. It is a totally inappropriate way for a doctor to behave, no matter how much personal stress he might be under.

I wonder whether he will see fit to tell Oz House about his wife's condition, knowing that Oz House might well cut this source of income off if he tells them what he told you?

You have paid for the service. There is nothing to stop the Panel Doctor's husband from paying another Panel Doctor to go to the hospital, examine the files, write a letter to DIAC explaining his/her own involvement and getting your meds on their way to Australia. Leaving the buck with you is not an acceptable alternative in my view.

Best wishes

Gill

Archived