Aussies Quit UK

Guest ozboy

I heard that.. lots of Aussies moving back to Oz becuase they are loosing their jobs in London fincance sector and that the Aussie summer in coming up....

They say all the pubs in the UK are closing down and going to ruin.......... This explains a lot if all the Aussies are going home theres no-one left to run the PUBS.

Guest treesea
Alot of Australians are proud of their country and I don't think we leave the place with ideas never to go back.

I agree. I talk to a fair few Australians and New Zealanders, partly because they think I am one or the other, still having bits of both accents. I don't get the impression going back has much to do with the worsening job market over here though. The ones I have spoken to all seemed to have jobs. My overwhelming impression is that they like Scotland and think it a good place to live, but they want to have their children and bring them up in Australia.

I agree. I talk to a fair few Australians and New Zealanders, partly because they think I am one or the other, still having bits of both accents. I don't get the impression going back has much to do with the worsening job market over here though. The ones I have spoken to all seemed to have jobs. My overwhelming impression is that they like Scotland and think it a good place to live, but they want to have their children and bring them up in Australia.

I think this has been true of Australians for decades now, The place to go years ago used to be UK but young Australians now travel to many countries including their parents country of origin. It's a kind of right of passage. I did much the same thing in the late 60's early 70's. Left Oz for a planned six months. Stayed away for over three years, but one day literally decided it was time to go home and was on a plane heading to OZ within a couple of weeks.

I still travel back to UK at least every two or three years and love every minute of it, but honestly I can't describe it well enough, the feeling I get when I step off the plane, see that HUGE blue sky and smell the eucalyptus in the air.

dalhousie

I think alot of Aussies, in particular those who move to London do so because they can earn alot more there. That was the impression I go after speaking to a few. The scary thing (Geoff would probably disagree) that alot of them did'nt want to move back to Australia as they like London, had settled and made a life for themselves etc.

I think alot of Aussies, in particular those who move to London do so because they can earn alot more there. That was the impression I go after speaking to a few. The scary thing (Geoff would probably disagree) that alot of them did'nt want to move back to Australia as they like London, had settled and made a life for themselves etc.

Me disagree never!!!

The UK is a great place for a single person/couple with the pubs, clubs and travel to Europe on your door step. But once you have kids and want to settle down home is home and most (not all) Australians will class Australia as home.

I think your point helps out people that are wondering if they can survive in Australia on their wages! Because if the Aussie's love London and don't really want to leave but are leaving due to to financial reasons, does that not show you that you can have a better standard of living in Australia on a lower wage than you can in the UK?

Me disagree never!!!

The UK is a great place for a single person/couple with the pubs, clubs and travel to Europe on your door step. But once you have kids and want to settle down home is home and most (not all) Australians will class Australia as home.

I think your point helps out people that are wondering if they can survive in Australia on their wages! Because if the Aussie's love London and don't really want to leave but are leaving due to to financial reasons, does that not show you that you can have a better standard of living in Australia on a lower wage than you can in the UK?

And then there is those young Aussies who meet Brits, get married etd and its the Brits that don't wanna move to Oz to the Aussies partners are "stuck" in the UK.

They say all the pubs in the UK are closing down and going to ruin.......... This explains a lot if all the Aussies are going home theres no-one left to run the PUBS.

Who says ? work on fact not they say as rumur is main cause of a lot of the problems. If the papers printed facts not blown up half truths or lies things would improve a lot quicker. Dont believe everything you read.

Who says ? work on fact not they say as rumur is main cause of a lot of the problems. If the papers printed facts not blown up half truths or lies things would improve a lot quicker. Dont believe everything you read.

Maybe Aidan was talking a little tongue-in-cheek?

Tongue-in-cheek is a term used to refer to humor in which a statement, or an entire fictional work, is not meant to be taken seriously

Originally Posted by Aidan viewpost.gif

They say all the pubs in the UK are closing down and going to ruin.......... This explains a lot if all the Aussies are going home theres no-one left to DRINK IN the PUBS.

Geoffrey

Archived