form 1229 parent consent help??????

Guest cluedo

Just wondered if anyone can help me please. I have a son from a previous relationship and have asked for permission from my ex to take my son to live in Australia permantly which he has agreed. However he wouldnt sign a stat dec, he said it wasnt worth the paper its written on hahaha WHAT!!! :wacko: but strangely agreed and has signed a 1229 form which I believe is the parental consent form for the above. What I would like to know is this sufficient or do I need a stat dec as well?? Any help would be greatly appreciated and also does anyone have a stat dec template for consent.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Yorkie1974

Having looked at the form on the DIAC website, I'd say your pretty well covered if he's signed it. The consent is there in the declaration that he's signed on the form.

Guest bex&tal

Hi, i've not heard of form 1229 so can't help with that one but i had to get a stat dec done to take my son to OZ. I think they need a stat dec so they know the ex's signature has been verified by an official. They also asked for photo ID of ex aswell, passport or driving license. It has all been accepted so if you want a draft, p.m me and i'll send it to you.

Bex.

Hi Bex the form my ex filled in basically says that he agrees to my son permantly libing in oz and he has also sent a photocopy of his passport signed by a nurse, just a bit confused as the Australian High Commission say this isnt enough :wideyedxmas:

Guest bex&tal

Hi shelly, i think you will have to do a stat dec and get it witnessed by a solicitor, justice of the peace or notary public. Ask away if you need to and good luck with everything.

Bex.

Archived