ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mightybouch

Competency Demonstration Report

Guest mightybouch

Hi there.

I have looking at getting my skills assessed but I cannot have my skills assessed against my current occupation! I have worked in the power industry all my life, starting as an apprentice and working through the industry to my current position as power system engineer, but I only have my trade qualifications and an ONC in Electrical and Electronic Engineering.

I have been in touch with Engineers Australia and they say I may be able to be assessed under the Competency Demonstration Report Route and be assessed against the Engineering Associate.

Has anyone been down this route and can offer any advice?

Cheers

Mike

Guest fatpom
Hi there.

I have looking at getting my skills assessed but I cannot have my skills assessed against my current occupation! I have worked in the power industry all my life, starting as an apprentice and working through the industry to my current position as power system engineer, but I only have my trade qualifications and an ONC in Electrical and Electronic Engineering.

I have been in touch with Engineers Australia and they say I may be able to be assessed under the Competency Demonstration Report Route and be assessed against the Engineering Associate.

Has anyone been down this route and can offer any advice?

Cheers

Mike

I think that you might struggle to get a visa as an Engineering Associate. I think you stand far more more chance through the trade route. Make it clear that your current job is related to your trade by way of advancement and you are still close to your trade in daily work terms etc. Responsibilities and skills over and above but still including your trade knowledge and skills.

Once you get here Australia is very fussy about the right qualifications for the job. It's a very litigious society