Problem with wording on stat dec

Guest Faye&Matt

Guest Faye&Matt

We are sending off our defacto visa application tomorrow but we have just received the stat dec from my mum and instead of defacto partner she has put interdependant partner. Do you think this will be ok to include or should we not put it in? What do people think? To me it looks like she doesn't know what visa she is applying for when I've looked on the immi.gov.au website and it says interdependent is same sex when we are opposite sex. She says she looked on a legal website and it says interdependant is just when its two people who are dependant on each other and doesn't matter what sex. What do people who have applied and been granted partner visas think? Thanks! :)

Guest SGKG102

Hi Faye&Matt,

An interdependant visa is a same sex one. Defacto visa is the right one. I had a problem with one of my stat decs where I put the wrong address for my sister but she did not notice until after it had been signed. I crossed out the address and put in the right one and got her to initial it. I sent it in with my Spouse Visa application and there was no problem. I am unsure how picky they are with these things so I couldn't be 100% certain if they will accept it.

Good Luck :wubclub:

Kind regards

Karen :wub:

Guest Faye&Matt

Thanks for the reply. She's not put it in anywhere important, just where it says how do you know them and she put Faye is my daughter and Matt is her interdependant partner. Do you think that will be ok?

Guest jim & nik

Hi

I've just had my refs checked and OK'd. So I seen the boss and asked for 2 signiatures. Not a happy man but i only worked for this one company (for 20 years) no previous employers. They were signed and sent off. Only to be called back and asked to remove the part about supervisory roll.(I'm a senior refrigeration engineer) now they want to re-write it but the part to do has the signitures on it so have to get them signed again or do I. HAS ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS?

Jim

Guest SGKG102
Thanks for the reply. She's not put it in anywhere important, just where it says how do you know them and she put Faye is my daughter and Matt is her interdependant partner. Do you think that will be ok?

Hi Faye&Matt,

I think you may have to delete and initial the interdependent bit and just leave it as partner. You could send an e-mail to the Australian High Commission in London and confirm this. They will get back to you within a copule of days. Better to be safe than sorry. I appreciate that you wanted to get it sent off but better to submit a correct application than have them send it back to you.

Sorry I can't be more specific.

Good Luck

Karen :wub:

Archived