TRA Technical interveiw for an electrician

Guest sezndarbz

Guest sezndarbz

Hi

I've been applying to the TRA for an ARTC for what seems like ages, now they say I have to have a technical interview over the phone discussing the theory and practical parts of the trade. Has any one else had this and what sort of things do they ask???

Thanks D

Guys you have the same as us, we applied also for refrigeration/air-con and we have the same letter as you - I think alot of people are getting this. Did you pass your TRA before the September changes last year?

Good luck by the way and hope someone can answer you

Guest jim & nik

Hi

I think its the same sort of thing I'm going through, just to see if you sound compitent on what you are talking about (your work) before they put you to the next step. I may be wrong there are so many code names for each step and could be way off the mark. BUT HEY KEEP GOING. What visa are you going for?

Hi kdal

Hows your visa app coming along, i too am going for A/C visa. (175type?) Not far in to it just got my REFS checked and all OK'd bit the bulit seen the boss asked for 2 signiatures. (Only worked for one company for 20 years) so no previous. Signed and sent off only to be contacted to be told to remove the supervisory section. Now i have to ask the boss again to sign them.:mad:

JIM:jimlad:

• 1 year later...
Guest robert05

hi mate,

has anyone done phone interview for electric mechanic. what sort of things they ask over the phone, can someone help me out

Guest sezndarbz
hi mate,

has anyone done phone interview for electric mechanic. what sort of things they ask over the phone, can someone help me out

Hi Mate

I did the interview about a year ago, it was pretty intense, a lot of stuff I hadn't used since college days, like resisters in parallel and in series, combining resistive and inductive loads and their calculations, maximum demand, motors- how they work control and basic motor circuits, ohms law, power factor correction and capacitors. they also ask a lot of practical questions, they give you a situation and ask you what you would do.

My advice would be go over your old school books, if you don't have them look on the internet or get a book from the library but familiarize yourself with all the theory, its a lot but its worth doing to prepare.

I know a mate who did the same telephone interview and his questions were totally different from mine so I think its fairly random. They just want to assess your competency. My result was I am good practically but I need to brush up on the theory, they passed me and I got the certificate.

Are you in Australia? if you are the apprentices over here have a course book which is great for brushing up on the theory, it contains everything that they are likely to ask, as they are comparing you to an aussie trained spark. I can't remember what the book is called but I can find out of one of the apprentices. I could have done with it but I only found it after I had done the test.

Hope this helps

D

Guest robert05

thanks mate

could u tell me please the name of the book so that i can look for it in the internet.m in Australia

Dear Friends,

I was got an Job verification call from New delhi embassy 24-02-2010.

The Technical questions are follow.I could answered only 9-10.so i dont what is the result from diac

1. How to increase the cooling of AC?

2. How to reverse rotation of the Motor? 3. What is the wiring color? Usage

4. What is AC and Dc?

5. What is Circuit breaker?

6. What is voltage/current/resistance? 7. What are you doing exactly?

8. What is MCB? 9. After installation of MCB what to do Next?

10. What is Circuit Breaker Range? 11. What is Gauge?

12. What is Flexible cable? 13. What is international wiring code?

14. How to convert the two phase to three phase? 15. What is polarity test?

16 What is Earth Test?

Thanks

Ritu

Finally i suggest you all,They asked something about motor,i dont know exactly,and all of them should have to prepare for atleast 15-20 questions.All the best.

Archived