Guest Mattyboy

Starting off in perth ?

Guest Mattyboy

Hey all. Il be arriving in perth on the 19th of jan 2009 but unsure of a few things and seeking some advise ?

Il be on a whv.

Im guna be stayin in south perth for around 6 months before moving on to the next city that takes my fancy but unsure wat would be the best way of accomadation ?

Do i stay in a rented furnished apartment or do i stay in a hostel of sum sort

I may stay longer if all goes well !

Thankyou :smile:

Hey all. Il be arriving in perth on the 19th of jan 2009 but unsure of a few things and seeking some advise ?

Il be on a whv.

Im guna be stayin in south perth for around 6 months before moving on to the next city that takes my fancy but unsure wat would be the best way of accomadation ?

Do i stay in a rented furnished apartment or do i stay in a hostel of sum sort

I may stay longer if all goes well !

Thankyou :smile:

Hi Mattyboy

Rentals in perth have been quite hard to get hold of...but now there is a bit of a resession there appears to be a few more coming on the market...however they can be a bit of a pain to get into due to the red tape the rental agents put around them!!

when we wanted to rent we had to drive by, put in a declaration of intension to rent etc ... most rentals have open days so its near impossible to organise one from the UK..

ask yourself this question though...if you are working do you want to spend 6 months or more in a hostel?..or do you want your own space?

if i were you..id come over start off in a hostel and get a feel for it then when you know what you want and it turns out to be rental then go for it once you are here...

here is the web site we used when looking...

Rental Properties, Lease and Holiday Rentals - realestate.com.au=

hope that helps

min x:wubclub:

3RD MARCH 2008....WE ARE HERE!!!!!

Guest Mattyboy

Great help ! Thanks for reply !

Hostels can be pretty noisey with the party goers so depends if you are needing to work and be bothered by that, you can often find house shares with other travellers-would seem to be the better option, the website gumtree is a good place to look.

Guest Chris and Kate Knights

firstly good choice on going to Perth, awesome place with some great people, moving back there in the new year after being away from there for over a year, can't wait!!

Anyway with regards to your living dilemas, to me i would have to say that in your situation given that you intent to move around, go for a house share, it's the best thing me and the other half did, met loads of people from different places and had some days and nights never to forget. I dont know if you're going on your own but if you are do you really wanna spend your evenings with no one to hang out with? cos thats what we nearly did and it would have probably turned out to be a pretty quiet time, but instead we made some life long friends instead. Enjoy it mate, me and the wife have been all around oz and for a laid back lifestyle with glorious weather you just cant beat the place. Good luck

Guest Mattyboy

Great advise, think im guna try find a house share to start off with, be cheaper and will be better than in a hostel.

Will keep updating.