crohns disease

Guest eric

i have had crohns for 8 years no and not once have i had a problem. i applied for my visa and now i might have to do a medical. i dont see the point in this and my visa could be put on hold for up to 3 months.

does anyone know how this will effect me?? will they ask for a medical or doe crohns not matter to them?

thanks

E

Guest Gollywobbler

Hello Eric

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

Everybody who wishes to move to Australia permanently is required to undergo a medical examination, which must be done by one of DIAC's Panel Doctors:

Australian Immigration Fact Sheet 22. The Health Requirement

dima_health - Australian High Commission

If Crohns is not causing you any problems, I would suggest that before you go for your visa meds, ask your GP for copies of everything between the GP and the Consultant who diagnosed Crohns etc. Visa meds only get held up if the Medical Officer of the Commonwealth wants somebody to see a Consultant or to get further tests done. If you can pre-empt that, you might well find that your meds do not take any longer than anyone else's to clear.

The Meds are not nearly as bad as they sound. Do not believe all the scaremongering myths & shibboleths that abound on the forums. One does NOT have to be superman in order to pass the meds for migration to Oz!

Best wishes

Gill

i am just going over fot the year maybe 2! will i still need a medical. i can get reports no problem, but how long willl it take im goin the 4 jan 09

thanks for your replys

Guest Gollywobbler
i am just going over fot the year maybe 2! will i still need a medical. i can get reports no problem, but how long willl it take im goin the 4 jan 09

thanks for your replys

Hi Eric

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1163i.pdf

Whether or not you will need full visa meds depends on what you will be doing in Oz.

Best wishes

Gill

Archived