AQF III qualification received!!!

Taz2008

Yeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhhh - I had to let you all know how excited and happy my hubby and I are; we have finally received his Australian qualification!!!! 0002014B.gifand are now jumping for joy!

My hubby's NVQ II plastering qualification was not enough, as he had not completed enough college hours, even though he has been plastering for over 10 years! So he has had an assessor come and check out his work and issue him with an AQF III certificate in solid plastering which should enable him to get through the TRA easier and also be better paid once we arrive out in Australia (if and when we get there!!!). It is a very expensive way to go, but must be worth it if we succeed into getting our visa!

Its taken long enough to arrive, and we have been pulling our hair out as we want to get onto the next stage - the dreaded TRA. We are hoping to pass all the info (which I have spent weeks preparing for) over to our agent now and we will be keeping everything possible crossed and hope that we pass the TRA!

Thanks to all of you that have advised us up to this stage, lets hope the next stage is as successful! 00020166.gif

Tasha

02/09/08 - 110% positive we want to go to Oz

01/10/08 - Told family (went down like a lead balloon!)

02/10/08 - Appointed an agent

23/10/08 - Hubby assessed for AQF III qualification

14/11/08 - Hubby received Qualification!

• 3 months later...
Guest adi the spread

Hey!

My fiance is also having a nightmare trying to do this!!! he is a time served plasterer with 15 years experience and an NVQ L2 quaification in plastering. We've just been told its not enough and have to obtain the same AQF 111 qualification. can i ask how much it cost you? did you have to go through formal training or was it just a skills assessment based on prior work, references from past employers etc? do you have any contacts? any advice and guidance would be appreciated.

were gutted (and saving up for a wedding at the same time)! :arghh:

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah x

Hey!

My fiance is also having a nightmare trying to do this!!! he is a time served plasterer with 15 years experience and an NVQ L2 quaification in plastering. We've just been told its not enough and have to obtain the same AQF 111 qualification. can i ask how much it cost you? did you have to go through formal training or was it just a skills assessment based on prior work, references from past employers etc? do you have any contacts? any advice and guidance would be appreciated.

were gutted (and saving up for a wedding at the same time)! :arghh:

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah x

Hi Sarah - all is not lost, I have private mailed you. If you need anymore info, just let me know!

Tasha:wubclub:

Archived