Poms Going Home to UK (register)

Guest Aldo

Guest The Ropey HOFF
admit it, you cant stay away can you? that's OK, i've reserved you a seat at the annual "I went to australia and didn't like it" dinner.

Its gonna be packed out at this rate.

Any Ideas for venues (must be big):wink:

Cheers Aldo

i have some really bad news.......................i doubt very much if we will be emigrating, the wife can't leave her family.

Anyhoo - the good thing it means i will be posting silly stuff here on PIO for eternity and beyond. well what else is there to do the weathers crap for 9 months of the year, even you didn't come back to Iceland, sorry i mean the uk.

:cry::mask::no::goofy::swoon:

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cheers Aldo

i have some really bad news.......................i doubt very much if we will be emigrating, the wife can't leave her family.

Anyhoo - the good thing it means i will be posting silly stuff here on PIO for eternity and beyond. well what else is there to do the weathers crap for 9 months of the year, even you didn't come back to Iceland, sorry i mean the uk.

AH! so you mean you wont be going to the best country in the world then, even after your visit, and the fact you have'nt lived there.

reason being the wife cannot leave family, a valid reason and one huge reason many many return from oz to the uk etc, evn if things are going right in oz.

best make the most of the uk, short life and all that. and the decision has been made.

hope works out wherever you are for sure. :notworthy:

Guest The Ropey HOFF
admit it, you cant stay away can you? that's OK, i've reserved you a seat at the annual "I went to australia and didn't like it" dinner.

Its gonna be packed out at this rate.

Any Ideas for venues (must be big):wink:

Cheers Aldo for sending me pictures from the last annual dinner. lol:biglaugh:

old_people.jpghappy20old20winner_2.jpg

Cheers Aldo

I look forward to it .......its a bit like my elder brother ,hes full of advice and wisdom about things hes never done

"I n business you should do this and do that".........hes never owned a business :biglaugh:

sorry jim, mixed my Redcliffe qld pics with the anual "don't like Australia party"

you will see from this pic that we can hardly contain our sorry and mourning for the "greatest country in the world":wink:

party_narrowweb__300x328,0.jpg

Guest The Ropey HOFF
sorry jim, mixed my Redcliffe qld pics with the anual "don't like Australia party"

you will see from this pic that we can hardly contain our sorry and mourning for the "greatest country in the world":wink:

party_narrowweb__300x328,0.jpg

Damn you Aldo, you win again.:mad:

Damn you Aldo, you win again.:mad:

there's no winners here Jim (well maybe just one) and i'm too bloated on lamb bhuna and red wine to care.

:wubclub:

Guest The Ropey HOFF
I look forward to it .......its a bit like my elder brother ,hes full of advice and wisdom about things hes never done

"I n business you should do this and do that".........hes never owned a business :biglaugh:

Hi bunbury

have you stumbled into the wrong thread, what are you looking forward to? your post is a little incoherrent, no offence, apart from your brother issues, i have spent longer in Australia than alot who start posting on here saying they want to come back and unlike most of them i have been to more than one state, if thats what your getting at. Me and Aldo have lifted this morose thread up a bit, so lets hope other happy punters can do the same. Nice to hear from you though, again not wanting to cause any offence.

:wink:

hi bunbury

have you stumbled into the wrong thread, what are you looking forward to? Your post is a little incoherrent, no offence, apart from your brother issues, i have spent longer in australia than alot who start posting on here saying they want to come back and unlike most of them i have been to more than one state, if thats what your getting at. Me and aldo have lifted this morose thread up a bit, so lets hope other happy punters can do the same. Nice to hear from you though, again not wanting to cause any offence.

:wink:

good to see you are staying

Guest chris955

I am genuinely sorry to hear that Jim, family is extremely important and many don't realise until they have made the move.

Cheers Aldo

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Sorry gang

we still haven't decided yet, can't make final decision until the new year when i have to say yes, or no to the job offer my wife has being offered a job also, with both of us on really good wages from the land of plenty. The wife can't decide, me i wanna go.

Best of luck everyone.

Guest guest30038
Sorry gang

we still haven't decided yet, can't make final decision until the new year when i have to say yes, or no to the job offer my wife has being offered a job also, with both of us on really good wages from the land of plenty. The wife can't decide, me i wanna go.

Best of luck everyone.

Tell 'er I'll come over and slap a gecko down 'er knockers if she doesn't say yes.................a squidged one! :biglaugh:

kev

Guest guest12791
Tell 'er I'll come over and slap a gecko down 'er knockers if she doesn't say yes.................a squidged one! :biglaugh:

kev

luv it kev:biglaugh:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest christi

CHRISTI

IM NOT ALONE!!!!!!

ARRIVED AUGUST 2007

GOING AS SOON AS MONEY ALLOWS...................SOON WE HOPE:laugh::happy_face_outlaw_s

Guest Arnold

Came here Sept 2006, have had bouts of homesickness (up and down) every few months. Well 4 years down the line I am feeling things should have settled down by now and am feeling worse than ever. My husband is fantastic and so supportive, I am very lucky. We have been seriously looking at returning to the UK and I can't wait. Although I would be happy to fly back tomorrow I have agreed to go back for a holiday and assess things. So with that in mind the house goes up for sale in the next few weeks and we will take a 6 month rental so we can decide where we should be. It seems that more and more people are returning to England for some reason or other. I can't see me living here for the rest of my life, am glad we have had the experience but now it's time to get my life back on track as the last 4 years I feel it has been on hold!

Goodluck to everyone who is going through the same motions right now, it's a hard and emotional roller coaster.

4 weeks tomorrow yahoo-cannot wait to be home. We have a real emotional time to get through first though as we will be living with the inlaws for 2 weeks before we leave and they are devastated. Called over today with our 4 year old and my MIL just kept welling up all the time. They have waited 20 years for my husband to come back to Oz and now we are going again.....hurting people is just a dreadful thing.

My wife and I have always been staunch supporters of life Downunder. We have certainly enjoyed our stay of nearly 7 years. We came over here with the idea that it is a better place to bring up a family. We had two boys whilst over here and in many ways it is a better place, but the massive draw card is family in the UK. Really started to miss our families back home; new family members and parents not getting any younger!

Would going back suggest we were wrong to come to Australia in the first place? No way! This has been a fantastic experience. We have grown. We may never had our two boys, which may have resulted from a change in lifestyle. We still love Australia, but want to get back to our roots...greater sense of belonging.

To those on there way out to Australia, don't look at all these entries and fear you're making a rash decision or running away. Most people will gain from the experience of living in Australia. If we return to the UK (we have made no effort to depart the Southern Hemisphere yet), we will keep our Australian passports...Australia is still a part of our life and always will be.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest shy_mocha

OK No one will beat this...

I'm ashamed to add these dates but for reasons I can't explain or yet fully understand myself yet ...

I arrived 19/07/2010

I left 24/07/2010

Yes you read that right.

I still adore Australia and Sydney and have been there a few times all on my own. But when it came to me going out there to work and live ALL on my own... I cracked and all I could think about was getting the plane home. Call me a coward, a waste of a visa or whatever you like but I just wish I had the balls to stay and live my dream. Such is life. :0(

Guest York91
Why?:chatterbox:

Just don't like the lifestyle here. I loved being in England and i guess its where i feel i belong. Im finding it extremely hard to settle and not sure if i will ever enjoy it here :daydreaming:

• 5 weeks later...

You know at the end it all boils down to one thing: THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME!

I am a South African expat living in the UK for the past 13 years and have never been truly happy. Desperately wants to go back to SA, but it is just not a safe option and my trade doesn't pay well there, so my next best option is Oz. I know it is still not home and no matter where in the world you go, there is only one home. One might be truly happy somewhere else, but I think for most people would always have a little yearning for home.

You know at the end it all boils down to one thing: THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME!

I am a South African expat living in the UK for the past 13 years and have never been truly happy. Desperately wants to go back to SA, but it is just not a safe option and my trade doesn't pay well there, so my next best option is Oz. I know it is still not home and no matter where in the world you go, there is only one home. One might be truly happy somewhere else, but I think for most people would always have a little yearning for home.

am sure you will find many SA folk in the same boat in Oz (I mean would prefer to be home) but I believe Oz gives many SAfricans a good lifestyle similar in some ways to their home. Good luck.

Archived