Poms Going Home to UK (register)

Guest Aldo

There seems to be more and more Poms returning to the UK so I thought it may help to have a register of us so others know who we are and who to talk to if they need to talk.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow - two! There's about 4000 per WEEK coming this way.

thanks but I would like to keep this thread free from b!tching.:mad:

What was the point of your post anyway?

I think this is a great idea Aldo - I think sometimes people who consider returning to the UK are made to feel quite alienated at times ... so it's good to know that there are people who can share the experience, and that people like me (who does like it in Oz) can offer some support and good wishes too.

Ali

Guest taffy 62
I think this is a great idea Aldo - I think sometimes people who consider returning to the UK are made to feel quite alienated at times ... so it's good to know that there are people who can share the experience, and that people like me (who does like it in Oz) can offer some support and good wishes too.

Ali

I agree Ali even though I am not going back to UK.

I know how it feels to be somewere when you heart is not in it.

I want to wish everybody going back to where their heart is love luck and happiness.

Please keep in touch as you will still be our cyber friends and distance wont separate that.:wubclub:

thanks but I would like to keep this thread free from b!tching.

From what I've read over the last couple of months, you like to dish plenty of it out though, but when the shoe is on the other foot................

There is a section quite clearly labelled "Moving Back to The UK" that I'm sure people who want to view it can find very easily. There is plenty of good advice, help etc in there.

I just get the feeling that "some" people on here sometimes just write because they love to see there name in print. Mentioning no names of course!!

sorry i should have posted this under "moving back to the uk",,, oohhhhh it seems i did. Are you moving back to the UK?

Another potentially useful thread ruined by trolls:mad:

mods maybe you could split this thread so i can deal with this freak without ruining the thread for others.:wubclub:

thanks but I would like to keep this thread free from b!tching.

From what I've read over the last couple of months, you like to dish plenty of it out though, but when the shoe is on the other foot................

There is a section quite clearly labelled "Moving Back to The UK" that I'm sure people who want to view it can find very easily. There is plenty of good advice, help etc in there.

I just get the feeling that "some" people on here sometimes just write because they love to see there name in print. Mentioning no names of course!!

You may want to check at the top, which forum you had wandered into - the OP was appropriately placed and your trolling isnt!

Guest earlswood

Good, the trolls have gone to their pits...back on track.....

Arrived about 2 years ago.

Going maybe home or maybe Canada to whinge.

edinburgh-scotland.jpg

A nice pic of uk ,dont you think .

eddie

Are the sweaties still part of the union?:laugh:

Thanks mods, for cleaning this thread

OK: I've just deleted over 20 posts on this thread that had nothing to do with the opening post - which was a register of people going back to the UK. I'm not only a moderator but also a member of this site and I would also like to be able to read and contribute to other threads, instead of spending my time deleting squabbles. Can I suggest if members want to slagg each other off they find an alternative way of doing it rather than spoiling threads.

Thanks Ali

Guest Working to fish
Are the sweaties still part of the union?:laugh:

Thanks mods, for cleaning this thread

Not sure if Scotland is :wideeyed:

Guest tlander56
988199742_5378910843.jpgjust helping the thread back on track.

Oooooh, that pic gave me goosebumps :)

We moved to Brisbane Aug 2006, but would love to return to London as soon as we can sell our house.

Guest guest17301

Hope nobody minds me posting on this thread as I'm leaving the UK not returning but felt I had to comment. The pictures on this thread have reminded me that the UK has indeed got some spectacular sights and scenery just as beautiful as Oz or anywhere for that matter. There are some truly gorgeous little villages in all parts of the UK, many not far from me. I think we tend to forget or take for granted what the UK has to offer and thats normal when wanting to leave....we take what we have for granted. I think it's easier to be happy with the UK if you're lucky enough to live in one of these areas though and one thing Oz seems to offer is the opportunity to live in a scenic area/beautiful city whatever your financial position? Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know yet...

My family will definitely miss our annual holiday to Pembrokeshire, my very favourite part of the UK and if we do ever return we will look at moving there. But I wish all returners well and hope you'll all be very happy back in good old Blighty. xx

Guest earlswood

Fiona. you will get on great over here because you see every one else’s point of view without having to snipe like the posts that have been removed….people over here are nostalgic and probably wear rose-tinted specs about the UK, but you do miss some parts more when afar.

Fiona. you will get on great over here because you see every one else’s point of view without having to snipe like the posts that have been removed….people over here are nostalgic and probably wear rose-tinted specs about the UK, but you do miss some parts more when afar.

I think the word is familiarity earls, it even occurs in different areas of Britain and any where for that matter. I sorry we used to go the lakes and the Yorkshire Dales fell walking, ( favourite village Hawes 5 pubs , indian ,italian and chinese food and abookies ) and beautiful scenery but to the locals its just where they live and work. You get familiar with your own surroundings and find others interesting and different, then you move and then when the familiarity wears off you see it in adifferent light

Mally

I`m detrollified

Archived