How to Obtain Nomination by State/Territory for regoinal sponsorship ?

roky

Hello Everybody,

I'm Actually asking this question on behalf of my cousin. She finished the assessment by VITASSESS, and sat the IELTS. Yet she lacks the points needed for permanent visa, so she is now thinking about applying for regional Australia.

Could anybody advise about how to get sponsored by a state or territory ? and which state should she ask for nomination ? For example, is there some territory that responds to applicants faster than another one, or there is some territory needs some specific occupations so she should target the territory that fits her.

Your help is highly appreciated

Regards

Guest Darwin's coming too

Hi

I'm sponsored by WA on a 475 which is a temp visa which can be converted to perm visa after 2 years. Your cousin will need to check out each individual state website to see if her occupation is in demand. Most states (when applying I checked Qld, NSW and WA) have 2 levels of sponsorship permanent and temporary based on their own occupations in demand lists.

If your cousin applies for regional Australia everyone on her application must live/work/study in "regional" areas i.e, not Perth/Melbourne/Sydney/ACT/Brisbane & gold Coast.

Lisa:mask:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Roky

I suspect I should have read both of your threads today before replying to your earlier thread! Sorry about that.

Now for your cousin.

West Australia:

Cousin in not on their Skills in Demand list for the 475 visa but her occupation is on the SOL. WA's stance is that they would consider offering her State Sponsorship if one of their 9 Regional Development Commissions say that they want a Biochemist.

State Migration Centre Skilled Regional Sponsored Visa

I phoned the WA State Migration people about this a couple of weeks ago, trying to help a friend with some fact-finding. I spoke to a really helpful lady in WA who confirmed that it is not necessary to contact all 9 of the RDCs yourself! Apparently you just apply to WA and they copy the application out to the RDCs and then the lady at the hub of the whole thing gets back to you to say whether or not WA will offer Sponsorship. (Their website could be clearer about this than it is, in my view!)

South Australia:

Would definitely consider Cousin because Biochemist is on their latest sc 475 list that was published in late September 2008. However she would need a minimum of 6.0 in each of the four modules of the IELTS according to the SA List, so does she have that?

http://www.immigration.sa.gov.au/pdfs/gsm/OccupationList_Provisional.pdf

Tasmania:

Cousin is not on their List for the 475 visa but I also phoned Tas whilst I was fact-finding a couple of weeks ago. The lady in Tas told me that they will consider any occupation on the SOL for sponsorship for a 475 visa provided that the applicant has a job offer from an employer in Tas.

I did not ask her whether they would also want 7.0 or above in each of the modules of the IELTS if the person has a job offer. My guess is that they would want to see a high IELTS score, because they seem to want it for all other professional roles. However you or your cousin could phone them to ask about this.

Victoria:

Their policy is the same as Tasmania's. They will also consider any occupation on the SOL as long as the applicant has a job offer, it says on their list:

http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au/digitalAssets/1365_Skilled%20Regional%20Sponsored%20Eligibility%20list%20.pdf

Victoria seem to be content with a band score of Competent English, which I believe is 6.0 or above in each of the four IELTS modules.

Skilled - Regional Sponsored Visa for immigration to regional Victoria, Australia - Live In Victoria

NSW:

Out of the question. Cousin is not on their list and they say categorically NOT to bother them unless one is on their list!

QLD:

Cousin is not on their list and they do not say anything about SOL occupations and job offers, so I assume that they might be as a strict as SA and NSW but I do not know.

NT:

Again, Cousin is not on their list but they say that they will consider a range of possibilities if the applicant has family, friends or other connections in the NT. Does Cousin have any connection with anyone in the NT?

Offshore Skilled - Regional Sponsored Visa (subclass 475)

ACT:

They do not participate in the 475 visa scheme according to the DIAC website.

Have you checked the 176 Lists for all of the States and Territories as well? I do not know whether Cousin might be on any of those?

Best wishes

Gill

This was my experience, as a chemist, I was not eligble for a permanent visa (I would have had a total of 115 points) as it's not on the MODL. I didn't want to go on a temporary visa and I checked out the state sponsorship permanent visa (176 I think). But you are dependent on what states include that occupation on their state MODL which is sligtly different to the general MODL. I was eligible to apply for Vic and NSW but not WA. As I didn't have a vetassess done, I applied for the Vic. It took 8 weeks to grant and at that stage I would have had to get vetassess and satisfy all the rest of the visa requirements. NSW required a qualifications assessment before application. As it happened, I was offered a job where they agreed to sponsor me for a permanent visa. Hope this helps.

Hello again, Gill.

Sorry I got you confused with two different posts ... Again, I should bow in respect to your kind answer thank_you.gif.

She actually has 6 in each of the IELTS four modules. If she had got 7, she would have gone for 176 directly ... 2.gif. She has a realtive in sydney, but this doesn't help.

I've got another simple question for you: What is the most likely way for her to get a job offer in any state ? is there some kind of recruitment search services for such case - She is not using an agnet

Anyway, I'll print out your comments to discuss them with her next weekend, I'm sure she will be so grateful for you as well as I am.

Best Regards

Roky

Not easy! I was in touch with a recruitment consultant and had a few interviews but in general, unless you have residency, they do not want to hear about you no matter how good you are. I signed up for the job alerts with seek.co.au and generally looked for those that welcomed international applicant and sometimes, you can just be lucky.

Good luck.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Roky

No - I don't know how your cousin should set about trying to get a job offer in any of the relevant States/Territories.

If it were me, I think I might try both of the professional bodies given on the link below, because they may be able to provide helpful advice:

Biochemist 2113-17 - Australian Skills Recognition Information

Also the State websites contain links to publications etc which they think will help people with job searches. Plus of course target any likely companies/hospitals or wherever your cousin hopes to find work.

Why can't her relative in Sydney sponsor her for the 176 visa, by the way? Is it because s/he is not a close enough relative for the 176 visa or is it because Cousin needs the extra 10 points from the State Nomination in order to get to 100?

Best wishes

Gill

Hi Gill,

Thanks for the info and link ... that was really helpful.

The reason she don't use the relative sponsorship from sydney becasue this doesn't add any bonus points, and she lacks 5 points which could be gained by either Regional State Nomination, or having profecient English.

I wish if she did well in IELTS, she sat it twice, and ended up with 6, sad_smile.gif huh ... . Thanks Anyway

• 8 months later...
Guest shauqut786

Hi every body i am new here in this site.. actually i am looking for some one help to manage a state/territory government nomination. i have lodge my suclass 175 application last march.. but it will takes so long that may be i will not be able to stay in Australian till that time. so does any one here who can tell me that what the procidure and requirement to manage a state sponsoreship to queensland or NT or Crains or SA. i've completed certificate iii in cookery and i have one year exprience as a cook.. now only i need a nomination to change my subclass from 175 to 176.. i will appriciate if you contact me via email by clicking on my username and choosing "Send a message via email" thanks for your patience and time regarding this issue.

**:hug: ALL WE R HERE FOR ALL:hug:**

• 10 months later...
Guest mykrus

Hello Everybody,

My name is Ruslan and I am from Ukraine. I`v been surfing internet for same time now, :mad:trying to find information on how to get visa to Australia. I have found what on website Visa Options – Professionals and other Skilled Migrants – Workers – Visas & Immigration

The department has temporarily suspended accepting new applications for Subclass 175, Subclass 176 and Subclass 475 visas. Subclass 475 subsequent entrant applications are still being accepted by paper application only.

I am 35, have bachelor and master degree in Engineering field – Aeronautical Engineer 2129-11 also have experience in Electrical Engineer 2125-11 or Electronics Engineer 2125-13 can do IELTS at 6,5 to 7 currently in USA on skill worker visa H1B thinking about applying for regional Australia. Could anybody advise about how can I get sponsored by a state or territory and which state should I ask for nomination?

Many :biggrin:thanks

Guest Gollywobbler
Hello Everybody,

My name is Ruslan and I am from Ukraine. I`v been surfing internet for same time now, :mad:trying to find information on how to get visa to Australia. I have found what on website Visa Options – Professionals and other Skilled Migrants – Workers – Visas & Immigration

The department has temporarily suspended accepting new applications for Subclass 175, Subclass 176 and Subclass 475 visas. Subclass 475 subsequent entrant applications are still being accepted by paper application only.

I am 35, have bachelor and master degree in Engineering field – Aeronautical Engineer 2129-11 also have experience in Electrical Engineer 2125-11 or Electronics Engineer 2125-13 can do IELTS at 6,5 to 7 currently in USA on skill worker visa H1B thinking about applying for regional Australia. Could anybody advise about how can I get sponsored by a state or territory and which state should I ask for nomination?

Many :biggrin:thanks

Hi Mykrus

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

The DIAC website is pretty out of date if you simply read about the visas alone.

The place to start is below, which is the new SOL. The new SOL will become Law on Thursday 1st July 2010:

http://www.comlaw.gov.au/ComLaw/legislation/LegislativeInstrument1.nsf/0/DA1BE00DC2F66895CA25774A0013D89E/$file/10026LI.pdf

Please look in Schedule 3. Almost every type of Engineer is listed in Schedule 3, so I am sure that you are as well!

The next thing is to consider the Engineers Australia website, because they would deal with your pre-application skills assessment (PASA.)

Engineers Australia Ι Migration Skills Assessment

Now please send a completely blank e-mail to aspc.processing@immi.gov.au No human will read what you send, so don't bother with anything except the actual e-mail address. The ASPC is the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre, which would process your visa application. The e-mail address that I have given you is set up to send you an auto-reply e-mail, which you should receive within 30 to 60 minutes.

Once you have understood the information e-mail from the ASPC, you will realise that what you want - ideally - is to be sponsored by a State which has your occupation on its new State Migration Plan (SMP.)

None of the SMPs have been published as yet. They are all due to be published on 1st July 2010, together with the State's own rules for applying for SMP sponsorship. Whether the SMPs and the rules will actually be published on 1st July is anyone's guess. A couple of weeks ago there was a reliable rumour that DIAC and the State Governments were unable to agree about what methodology the States ought to use for including occupations in their SMPs. If they can't agree about the methodology, obviously they won't be able to agree on the lists of occupations either, so I think we will just have to wait and see what the different States actually do on 1st July! (1st July is important because it is the first day of the 2010-2011 Financial Year in Australia.)

The idea is that the SMPs and the rules for applying for sponsorship for SMP occupations will be published on the Immi websites operated by each of the State Governments. The fast, reliable link to all of them is below:

State and Territory Migration Sites - australia.gov.au

So for the moment, I would suggest that you don't actually do anything for the next couple of weeks except wait for publication of the new SMPs and then see what the situation looks like then.

What you could usefully do in the meanwhile is to consider which States want what sorts of Engineers. If you delve into the State websites, you will find the existing State sponsorship lists for each of them. If somebody needed, say, Water Engineers 3 months ago they are not suddenly going to stop needing them on 1st July 2010, plainly!

Cheers

Gill

Guest mykrus

Hi Gill, Thanks a lot! Your information is very useful, I will wait till 1 of July then

Archived